Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default ensar oud: worth for it?

hi guys
    I found this site:
    ensaroud.com

do you have any experience with them? And their oud is good quality?
    this is the web address:
    https://ensaroud.com/
    any suggestion?

It's all about the wood

Default Re: ensar oud: worth for it?

Yes, this vendor produces high quality oils.
    Everything I’ve had from them has come across as pure, ‘as described’ and importantly, interesting.

Ensar, Taha agaraura.com, Adam feel-oud.com are highly recommended artists for pure Oud. They offer oils with fine distillation so you get to understand and appreciate Oud in its best form. The price for these Ouds is pretty high. So I highly advise buying sample packs. Those small samples will last you quite a while. With Ouds less is more. Just avoid fragrances during the time you are testing these oils or they may be lost among overwhelming aromas. I was introduced to Artisanal Oud through Ensar s sample pack. And I am totally hooked.
    Currently wearing: Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

I’ve bought a number of oils from Ensar. The quality of his products is absolutely top shelf in each category. I’ve never had any trouble with any order I’ve placed. His stuff isn’t cheap but at least you know you will be receiving quality oud in exchange for your money.

I was just giving my opinion based on my interaction with Ensar. Anyways I can say with confident that now we have many more authentic oud oil vendors. Please visit www.ouddict.com. There you can check vendor’s corner and all of the vendors listed there, sell authentic top notch Oud. Ensar used to dominate artisanal oud market few years ago so his prices were super high. Things have changed now we have more options to buy authentic superior quality oils with a reasonable price tag.

There are loads of vendors now stocking Oud Oils. Depends on your budget and what your looking for where to go. Above post by Sekhonis is spot on.

Agree with Paradise of Oils. If someone wants to spend 4500 USD on a 3g bottle of NHA Trang or 7500 USD for 3g bottle of Brunei Kinam then
    they can go to Ensar Oud. I am sure those oils must be nice but price tag is very high as well. On the other side you can get decent Oud oil for way less money. It is personal preference. lot of small companies are producing nice and authentic oils now. I guess it is time to think outside the box
    Last edited by Sekohnis; 9th April 2018 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekohnis View Post
    Agree with Paradise of Oils. If someone wants to spend 4500 USD on a 3g bottle of NHA Trang or 7500 USD for 3g bottle of Brunei Kinam then they can go to Ensar Oud. I am sure those oils must be nice but price tag is very high as well.
    Hold on a minute, isn't it you that's trying to sell a bottle of Ensar's oud oil for $7,500? I'm sure your bottle 'must be nice' but I bet it's not as nice as Nha Nha Nha Nha Trang LTD, which surely must be a bargain at $4,500!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pobepto View Post
    hi guys
    I found this site:
    ensaroud.com

do you have any experience with them? And their oud is good quality?
    My experience with them has always been absolutely fine with very friendly/helpful customer service and fast deliveries. The quality of the oils is consistently excellent. As someone else has already said, the Ensar Oud sampler set is a good place to start and for what you get it's good value too. That's just my personal opinion.
    Last edited by Quercus; 19th November 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Yes I am trying to get my money back that I spent on his oils. Let me know if you are interested. You will hold a piece of history in your hand . Only a person who spent thousands of dollars with Ensar can understand my position.
    If I remember correctly Ensar has sold a bottle of Oud Royale 1 for 10k so you are gonna get bargain buying my bottle for 7500
    Plenty of Ensar’s supporters get free samples without spending much money so I don’t care about their opinions
    Last edited by Sekohnis; 19th November 2017 at 02:46 PM.

Ive always had good experiences with the oils that I have purchased from Ensar.
    Currently wearing: Genre by Edward Bess

Brothers no doubt that Ensar distill very nice oils. My only point is that if you have money to spend go for his oils. There are other options available if you want to get bang for your buck. I am not gonna post anything against him . Your money , your choice

Plenty of Ensar’s supporters get free samples without spending much money
    Ha, really??? Please elaborate.
    Last edited by Quercus; 19th November 2017 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus View Post
    Go to www.Ouddict.com.Bunch of literature is available for your reading pleasure in case you missed it.

Basenotes Member

Agree with Paradise of Oils. If someone wants to spend 4500 USD on a 3g bottle of NHA Trang or 7500 USD for 3g bottle of Brunei Kinam then
    they can go to Ensar Oud. I am sure those oils must be nice but price tag is very high as well. On the other side you can get decent Oud oil for way less money. It is personal preference. In the past big companies such as Ajmal, ASAQ etc. sold adulterated oils but now lot of small companies are producing nice and authentic oils. I guess it is time to think outside the box
    i dont think this is fair statement. ensar offers oils in the sub $400 category too that are beautiful. take the fruit forward yusuf, the cool menthl fruit/floral jing shen lu, the barn, dried fruit, tobacco assam organic and the otherworldly jungle scent green papua. ditto agar aura, al shareef oudh, imperial oud,...

ensar's senkoh and sultan series oils are his unique siganture and oils that have little to no like from other distillers. his senkoh series can at times be comapred to gen 3 oils of Agar Aura, but while al shareef and imperial oud have many beautiful offerings, none have the subtle, nuanced, personal, inward, meditative and quiet personalty of senkoh and gen 3 oils.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Quercus View Post
    i have spent at least a few grand with ensar over the last 4 months and i have not received such gifts. it seems to be standard oud vendor practie to include a tiny (less than 0.1 gram) of an oil sample or two (rare instance) when placing an actual order, but otherwise above claims are not categorical. i even inquired with few other friends that are also customers of ensar and they have not received such gifts.

i do not know Sekohnis but i humbly state the evident: an axe to grind for whatever reasons.

the purpose of a civilzied helpful forum is to give balanced and fair reviews to others like myself to benefit from.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s in the interest of balanced views, oud(h) lovers should also check out the other forum: gaharu.

i am a member of both forums. i wish there could be just one place rather than 3 (base notes included). but apparently oud makes blood boil and despite all the beauty it offers us also manages to create a lot of hate, envy, greed and other nasty emotions. i havent really understood why and chose not to focus on that since i became a self procalimed oud heads some months back.

no other essetial oil or compsoed perfume gives the pleasures of artisinal oud. none. aside from the dizzying range of horizantal and vertical complexity that oud(h) offers, it is the other qualities it offers that are priceless: grounding, elevating, min bending, narcotic, mildly psycho active amongsts others and depending on the oud.

4500 USD on a 3g bottle of NHA Trang or 7500 USD for 3g bottle of Brunei Kinam then
    they can go to Ensar Oud."

DAMN THOSE PRICES..,. are these scents out of the world heavenly or just a mm smells so good type scent? Very spiritual to another level?

IMO, Ensar oud has a good oud oils but not worth what they are selling for.
    Few years back when they were the only player in the west, and try to push their products as an investment advising on their listings to buy for your retirement how the end of wild oud will be in 2015-2016 from their ridiculous statement from 2012, how buying from them oud for 500 will be able to sell few years down the road for 10,000 etc……. so many unethical sales tactics.
    What happen now? It is almost 2018 there is so much new vendors that are selling excellent wild oud with equal even some have a lot better oud oils than Ensar oud for a fraction of what Ensar is selling.
    A lot more wild oud is available now than in 2012 and new vendors with excellent wild oils are available to the west.
    Just ask the people who got to purchase Ensar oud as an investment few years’ back how they feel now.
    Ebay is flooded with Oud oils from Ensar for the last year or so, just few years back they were maybe only few listings per year. And nobody is paying more than the original price if sold it is under the original price.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Derby de Guerlain
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga

[QUOTE=Rasoul salehi;4247654]i dont think this is fair statement. ensar offers oils in the sub $400 category too that are beautiful. take the fruit forward yusuf, the cool menthl fruit/floral jing shen lu, the barn, dried fruit, tobacco assam organic and the otherworldly jungle scent green papua. ditto agar aura, al shareef oudh, imperial oud,...

ensar's senkoh and sultan series oils are his unique siganture and oils that have little to no like from other distillers. his senkoh series can at times be comapred to gen 3 oils of Agar Aura, but while al shareef and imperial oud have many beautiful offerings, none have the subtle, nuanced, personal, inward, meditative and quiet personalty of senkoh and gen 3 oils.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed 100% with this honest statement !

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I've bought ouds near about $45000 from Ensar oud _ I'm not dissatisfied with a single item. Each & every oud is excellent !

I'm always thirsty for some more Ensar oud bottles. I bought sample pack first one & a half year ago _ after receiving I was astonished !
    I invested a couple of thousands of dollars before testing Ensar Oud but those seemed like nightmare to me after I test the ensar's 'ultimate oud sampler'.
    My world my life has been changed instantly, totally. Then no going back anymore. Since then completely hooked with Ensar Oud.

Artisanal ouds get insanely expensive sometimes _ but that because of insanely precious raw materials.

If you need the best of the bests _ go for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to mention _ I have Ensar Oud bottles from $149 to $4500 in my collection.

Each & every one is BEAUTIFUL.

I DO NOT regret buying any single bottle of my 48 bottles Ensar Oud collection.

Trust me _ 100% honest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasoul salehi View Post
    i dont think this is fair statement. ensar offers oils in the sub $400 category too that are beautiful. take the fruit forward yusuf, the cool menthl fruit/floral jing shen lu, the barn, dried fruit, tobacco assam organic and the otherworldly jungle scent green papua. ditto agar aura, al shareef oudh, imperial oud,...

- - - Updated - - -

i have spent at least a few grand with ensar over the last 4 months and i have not received such gifts. it seems to be standard oud vendor practie to include a tiny (less than 0.1 gram) of an oil sample or two (rare instance) when placing an actual order, but otherwise above claims are not categorical. i even inquired with few other friends that are also customers of ensar and they have not received such gifts.

i do not know Sekohnis but i humbly state the evident: an axe to grind for whatever reasons.

the purpose of a civilzied helpful forum is to give balanced and fair reviews to others like myself to benefit from.

- - - Updated - - -

p.s in the interest of balanced views, oud(h) lovers should also check out the other forum: gaharu.

i am a member of both forums. i wish there could be just one place rather than 3 (base notes included). but apparently oud makes blood boil and despite all the beauty it offers us also manages to create a lot of hate, envy, greed and other nasty emotions. i havent really understood why and chose not to focus on that since i became a self procalimed oud heads some months back.

no other essetial oil or compsoed perfume gives the pleasures of artisinal oud. none. aside from the dizzying range of horizantal and vertical complexity that oud(h) offers, it is the other qualities it offers that are priceless: grounding, elevating, min bending, narcotic, mildly psycho active amongsts others and depending on the oud.
    Rasoul and Saint;
    I agree with you both. As I mentioned above whichever price point you pick, you’ll find Ensar’s oils to be among the very best in that class. I’ve bought a good number of his products, ouds, woods and sandalwoods and I haven’t yet felt like I didn’t get what I paid for. Most often, his products are simply superb.

This isn’t to say that fine products aren’t available elsewhere. They are. But generally the price isn’t dramatically different than Ensar’s. Of course there are $20 ouds out there. I’m not any sort of expert but my hunch is those offerings are not natural Oud, or are not pure Oud, and certainly are not artisanal Oud. They are likely to be oud-style perfumes containing a synthetic approximation of oud, perhaps with some additional aroma chemicals or perhaps even some actual essential oils. In other words they might smell nice enough. Just don’t think you’re learning anything about oud from them.

There are also large quantities of oud produced by plantations and factories. Again, not necessarily bad, but likely not very good. Artificial inoculation, immature harvesting and indiscriminate inclusion of uninfected wood, all conspire to lessen the quality of the product.

On this website people pay close attention to the quality of fragrant materials. Lord knows the finest producers, say Chanel or Guerlain, are willing to pay up for fantastically expensive raw materials in order to set the quality of their products higher than the rest of the pack. They can smell the difference and so can you if you care to educate your nose.

To the people here who are saying that you can get better bang for your buck elsewhere, I say bless you and go do it. My experience in this area leads me to feel that I don’t have enough money to chase those ephemeral bargains. A little Oud goes a long way. A bottle lasts a long time. I say pick an oud you can afford and set about learning how to smell it. I think you’ll be rewarded for your effort. Buying from a guy like Ensar is a good way to be certain that you’re not wasting your time with an inferior or adulterated product.

Larry K.
    Last edited by Anosmia Amnesia; 18th December 2017 at 02:51 AM.

Ensar is the best. This is objective. His Ouds are equal in price to others and incomparable in quality. Synthetic Oud blends are overpriced !
    Currently wearing: Musk Aoud by Roja Dove

Quote Originally Posted by exoticscents View Post
    Ensar is the best. This is objective. His Ouds are equal in price to others and incomparable in quality. Synthetic Oud blends are overpriced !
    Damn right !

I'd spent $5000+ on ASAQ/Ajmal/Junaid Al Shams & some others. All were wastage of money. Filled with synthetics. In a word utter rubbish.

Because true form of ouds nowadays could be seen only in artisanal ouds.

Ensar is an acquaintance of mine. What you get with Ensar is the best oud in the world. His oud is refined, artisanal, 100% natural, of the highest quality, and distilled by himself personally. Obviously, price is something subjective, but you can think of it as a kind of investment. I couldn't see myself wearing something that costs in the regions of thousand's only to wash it off the next day.

My honest opinion is that you can get similar smelling natural ouds for much less directly from suppliers in the far east (which I do), and if you intend to wear the oud frequently it would be a wiser choice to do so. But try some of Ensar's, just for the experience, relax and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Ensar is an acquaintance of mine. What you get with Ensar is the best oud in the world. His oud is refined, artisanal, 100% natural, of the highest quality, and distilled by himself personally. Obviously, price is something subjective, but you can think of it as a kind of investment. I couldn't see myself wearing something that costs in the regions of thousand's only to wash it off the next day.

My honest opinion is that you can get similar smelling natural ouds for much less directly from suppliers in the far east (which I do), and if you intend to wear the oud frequently it would be a wiser choice to do so. But try some of Ensar's, just for the experience, relax and enjoy.

Someone just alerted me to the above post by Oudaddict and mistook it for me! The reason being that the username is very similar to mine on the Ouddict forum - my username is Ouddict on there. So to avoid confusion, Oudaddict is not the same person as Ouddict.

Now that is resolved, the post by Oudaddict could have been written by me as well. I agree with most of the points made in the post - especially about using the Ouds. I myself find it very hard to use expensive Ouds for the reason stated above, hence most of my bottles remain untouched and I can only think of one or two bottles that have been used extensively.

I would also add the following two points:

1. Ensar does not personally distil all the Ouds himself - some like Tigerwood 95, are obtained from his contacts. This of course, doesn't detract from the quality or integrity of his products in any way.

2. Similar Ouds are available, but you really have to be careful with this one, for the same reasons that vendors say, when buying direct, caveat emptor applies. You do not always get what you think you have bought and adulteration and other tricks are rife in the trade. Sometimes, a cheap Oud actually costs more.
    Last edited by floraopia; 21st December 2017 at 08:59 AM.

I know the pain of blind buying but I overcame it. First I bought oud oil and oud attar samples from Agar aura then from Rising Phoenix. I was still curious and wanted to go for the best of the best, as everybody told on the web and purchased samples from Ensar oud, his Legends and his olde ouds. They gave me two 'demo' samples for free "Green Papua" was a wild oud, "Jing Shen Lu" a cultivation/organic oud, for comparison. Thomas Kruger was very patient and helpful all the way long.
    It was a unique experience. My international money wire was halted by their bank they inspected it whether I fund terrorism. Who would fund terrorism by commercial bank transactions anyhow? After things got cleared, and Ensar received my money, I got the prompt delivery as their client feedback tells on their website.
    I can only recommend Ensar to those who look out for something really special, to try. Just like seeing a Sumatran tiger or Javan rhino in the wild. It is not an every day experience. It is higly advised to begin with samples instead of raiding their store and have regrets later. Agar Aura and Ensar 0.2-0.3 ml oud oil samples begin at 20-30 dollars, so anyone can afford at least one sample vial.
    Like with anything it should be measuring /thiking twice before cutting once. Once you get enthralled with oud, get all the videos, forum reads, reviews, try to digest the information before you jump in the dark and mis-spend your money.
    So if you want to know the smell of pure oud - shortcut the labyrith of hundreds of niche "oud" fragrances and buy pure artisanal oud oil. This way you will have a benchmark in oud and you can compare anything thereinafter that says "oud". There are great scents outside oud, that is another question. Make your leap into the world of genuine artisanal oud.
    There is also a big difference within Ensar, between their Legends and their Aged Wild ouds like the more recent Green Papua and their legendary Port Moresby. Although they are both from New Guinea, and both are distilled from Gyrinops species, and they show both the similar scent profile, Port Moresby is even more opulent. Their Chinese ouds are also a league of their own, so are their Malay 'tigerwood' resinated ouds. And their Vietnamese Kinam Rouge is comparable only to itself! A gate into a fragrant abyss.....Even to my un-trained nose.....
    There is a reason why they offer their premium products for premium prices and their basic products for basic prices. It is you to decide whether you pay for that difference. As long as they ensure only nice things leave their premises under their name.
    I consider these gems an act of passion and not an investment. I would never re-sell them, why? I didn't overspend on them so I enjoy life and the few beauties of it, while smelling these oils from time to time.

Ensar oud: worth it? YES.
    Last edited by HTom; 21st January 2018 at 05:18 PM.

Look ,"call a spade a spade" , Ensar had some great oils. No disrespect on his art. I myself purchased thousands of dollars of oils from him. 4 years back live on his sales website he bashed another vendor in the most rudest condescending manner . When I read it , it was shocking and devastating from a customer service point of view.
    Number 1 , who the hell does this guy think he is , A don in a Gangster family ? ( But a Don won’t diss another rival family cause he is going to end up dead , common sense )
    Number 2 , what kind of “Muslim” talks like that to another Muslim
    Number 3, what kind of Sufi has an ego as big as this galaxy and talks to another human being in rude manner
    Number 4, if anyone did that from any organization or corporation live on there website , I can guarantee heads will be rolling Monday morning at head office.

So my conclusion is leadership leads by example , and Ensar examples of treating other Artisans
    And customers the way he did in the past is incomprehensible. Any person who has that kind of control and with no type of apology or empathy of mistakes made in a live customer environment with millions of people watching is leading the company like a runaway oil train heading to a city of people , disaster .

So at the end as a customer what he did in the past is guarantee churning on many clients and I am one of them also. Leading to recommend his brand is out the window, he damaged his brand all ready and best thing for him is to resign from his position just to save his company because that's what happens in the real world. I hope the Best For Ensar Oud and hope he learned from his mistakes and actually listens to his ex customers if he wants to progress in any business .( more customers are awake and have the freedom to choose , I choose customer service and treating the competition with respect or an accolade toward another brother or Sister or company, to earn respect you must give respect, and I lost all hope for the Brand Ensar Oud )
    Is Ensar Oud Worth it : No ( unless he fixes his customer services skills or shadow someone in a call center to see how client are spoken to and there competition )

Ensar had some great oils? More like, Ensar has some great oils. Whatever you think about his customer service and his treatment of others, his oils are fantastic. Even his latest , like People’s Sultan, were a great value. And Khmer Xtreme is one of my favorites. I have heard stories like yours before and you are definitely entitled to your opinions but I have not experienced anything but good customer service myself. Viva la difference!

Quote Originally Posted by OudHermit View Post
    Look ,"call a spade a spade" , Ensar had some great oils. No disrespect on his art. I myself purchased thousands of dollars of oils from him. 4 years back live on his sales website he bashed another vendor in the most rudest condescending manner . When I read it , it was shocking and devastating from a customer service point of view.
    Number 1 , who the hell does this guy think he is , A don in a Gangster family ? ( But a Don won’t diss another rival family cause he is going to end up dead , common sense )
    Number 2 , what kind of “Muslim” talks like that to another Muslim
    Number 3, what kind of Sufi has an ego as big as this galaxy and talks to another human being in rude manner
    Number 4, if anyone did that from any organization or corporation live on there website , I can guarantee heads will be rolling Monday morning at head office.

So my conclusion is leadership leads by example , and Ensar examples of treating other Artisans
    And customers the way he did in the past is incomprehensible. Any person who has that kind of control and with no type of apology or empathy of mistakes made in a live customer environment with millions of people watching is leading the company like a runaway oil train heading to a city of people , disaster .

So at the end as a customer what he did in the past is guarantee churning on many clients and I am one of them also. Leading to recommend his brand is out the window, he damaged his brand all ready and best thing for him is to resign from his position just to save his company because that's what happens in the real world. I hope the Best For Ensar Oud and hope he learned from his mistakes and actually listens to his ex customers if he wants to progress in any business .( more customers are awake and have the freedom to choose , I choose customer service and treating the competition with respect or an accolade toward another brother or Sister or company, to earn respect you must give respect, and I lost all hope for the Brand Ensar Oud )
    Is Ensar Oud Worth it : No ( unless he fixes his customer services skills or shadow someone in a call center to see how client are spoken to and there competition )
    It's an agressive, lucrative market with a lot of money at stake, so this is not surprising. Obviously, trust is fundamental in this trade. However, it doesn't change the fact that the oils he has are on a different level.

The main problem with Ensar is that he does not like any competition. Currently he is fighting with several people on www.gaharu.com to prove himself right. He made allegations against Taha's wood that it is not as good as he claims it to be.This comment caused a huge backlash against Ensar. People who are trying to speak against him are being banned from the forum or their posts are being deleted. Even Long term buyers of Ensar's wood and oils has sworn that they are not going to buy anything from him in the future. These are the people who has spent thousands of dollars on Ensar's products. As most of us probably know that Ensar posts on Gaharu under profile name Luigi. Luigi is the administrator of Gaharu and he is actively banning members on Gaharu.

Oudophiles are like audiophiles. They will routinely make up thick, thick, full dictionaries of extreme hyperbole to describe a subjective sensual experience.

Taha is a super chill dude. That is enough for me.

Yes, I have noticed that he uses a lot of hyperbole when advertising his products to give people the sense that he is the only person in the world selling natural oud and sandalwood. Personally, I have never purchased an Ensar oud (but I have been given them as a gift and tried them from friends) because I have many contacts in the Far East who I have been purchasing my oud from for over a decade. Like I said, it is a competitive and lucrative market, it's no different to what Tesco's, Walmart, GAP etc. get up to, but we all still shop there.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    . Like I said, it is a competitive and lucrative market, it's no different to what Tesco's, Walmart, GAP etc. get up to, but we all still shop there.
    oud is a luxury not a necessity.
    Ensar has a bad way of attacking others, just check his posts before he got banned on basenotes, well most of his post miraculously got edited and all content removed somewhere in the middle of 2015 but there is still some posts left.
    there is still Ali Senjefi one of the many fake names he is using to attack the competition.
    Ensar is the person who introduce oud to the west, but he is also the person who made the oud game a dirty and nasty business using anything like religion, lies, false investment tactics, etc....... all for personal gains, he has no shame at all.
    Last edited by peter4ptv; 10th April 2018 at 05:23 PM.
    1976 - Yatagan Caron
    1977 - Snuff by Schiaparelli
    1981 - Kouros YSL
    1988 - Fahrenheit Dior
    1980 - Patou Pour Homme
    1987 - Lapidus Pour Homme
    1981 - Quorum Antonio Puig
    1985 - Derby de Guerlain
    2014 - Dior Homme Parfum
    1987 - Ho Hang Club Balenciaga