Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
o
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Thanksgiving - choosing a scent for a day of family, friends, football and feasting

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox148 View Post
    I’ve been dog sick for the past week and haven’t been in the mood for anything but if I do change my mind, Chanel PM will do
    I just got over cold/flu a few weeks back. The cough hung on for 2 and a half weeks. A cold sucks some of the joy out of fragrances for sure. Theraflu worked pretty good for me and got me through the tough patches of it.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Thanksgiving - choosing a scent for a day of family, friends, football and feasting

Was just deciding on this myself. Something with spice, woods, or coniferous notes would be good, as it matches the coziness and warmth of the holiday, but as others have said anything too loud will interfere with enjoying food and close company. I'm thinking maybe Egoïste, CdG Dover Street Market, Five O'Clock Au Gingembre, or maybe a low-key application of Esencia Loewe.

I don’t usually plan for the moment, either.

However, last night I wore Franck Boclet Tobacco and quite enjoyed it, especially with the cooler temperatures here.

Thought it might fit in with the smells of Thanksgiving today.
    Basenotes sales: TDC de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/472...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

I was torn between:
    Original Santal
    Tan D'epices
    Jubilation XXV

I went with the Creed

Wearing Acqua di Parma Colonia . Today is 93 degrees here in So Cal...
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Mazzolari

I went with an unsung hero.....Pure Tonka.

Basenotes Junkie

Thinking Hanai Mori might be a good one for Thanksgiving. A yummy frag! Don't have it, but remember sampling it.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    For me, my choice of fragrance is random just like almost any other day.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Went with Bond 9 Chez Bond. Clean and light.
    Also went with a Bond, Jade! I changed my mind at the last moment

I went with Creed Spice & Woods , as it was an early dinner outdoors with friends, came home and showered before taking my daughter to a movie and more randomly selected Tam Dao from my box of samples. Enjoy life to all, and give thanks, wherever you may be.
    Currently wearing: Eau de Cade by L'Occitane

[QUOTE=Cheetah1919;4249802]Also went with a Bond, Jade! I changed my mind at the last moment[/QUOTE

Regretted Chez Bond. Boring and non-descript. Wish I’d been bolder .

SOTE: BURBERRY LONDON
    THE COLOGNNOISSEUR
    OMAHA, NE
    USA

Basenotes Institution L'Homme Blanc Individuel's Avatar
    Tic Tac Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking I might go with Pomelo Paradis this year. Well, I've narrowed my choices down to 3. Pomelo Paradis, for a happy citrus sort of thing, or going in the opposite direction... Tabac Rouge or 1725. Decisions, decisions.
    Current Favorites (in no particular order)
    Castile
    Royal Oud
    Rose 31
    Petit Matin
    cK One
    Curve
    1725 Casanova
    Endymion
    Tabac Rouge
    Prada L'Homme
    Green Irish Tweed
    Aqua Universalis
    Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
    Terre d'Hermes Parfum
    Tom Ford Extreme
    Interlude Man
    Pomelo Paradis
    Hanae Mori H.M. EDT
    Currently wearing: Castile by Penhaligon's

Freed from BN Institution

I was thinking of something pleasant and inviting like Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille or Tonka Imperiale.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Isle Man by Frapin
    A newly discovered favourite which has rocketed right into my top 10 at the expense of some fairly good fragrances. What do you think of it? It reminds me of Hermes Vetiver Tonka but a bit more complex and long lived.
    Top 10: Chanel Antaeus, Chanel Sycamore, Creed Aventus, Creed Green Irish Tweed, Frapin Isle of Man, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Hermes Terre d'Hermes, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, YSL Rive Gauche, Zaharoff Signature.

10-20: ADP Colonia Essenza, Chanel Egoiste, Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree, Creed Vintage Tabarome, Dunhill Edition, Dunhill For Men 1934, Knize Ten, L'Artisan Timbutktu, Polo Modern Reserve, YSL M7,

Vintage Tabarome

I was thinking about this yesterday. I haven't decided yet. I'll probably go with Gucci Guilty Absolute or Green Irish Tweed. Gotta get that turkey ready first!
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."

Hadnt really thought about it....maybe will go with Gucci PHII
    Currently wearing: African Leather by Memo

Basenotes Plus

I'll probably go with Burberry London again, although Egoiste might pull a fast one.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel View Post
    How do you decide?

P.S. If you're in the U.S., happy Thanksgiving! And if you're not... happy Thursday!
    Still randomly choose the night before.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sillage Monster

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.
    Currently wearing: Patch Flash by Tauerville

Sillage Monster

If I’m not still on a Chanel Cuir de Russie streak, I’d consider the weirdly gourmand Serge Lutens Jeux de Peau or the elegant Dior Oud Ispahan.
    Note to self: Choose being kind over being right, and you’ll be right every time.
    Currently wearing: Patch Flash by Tauerville

Basenotes Plus

I went to a lovely Friendsgiving last night, and it was also the first real rain of the season here. I was wearing Egoiste, which was perfect for the cool, snuggly fall weather and warm company of friends.

I think I'm gonna go with Musc Ravageur for Thanksgiving--possibly for the whole holiday weekend. It's just so comfy and cozy and I've really been feeling it lately.

Basenotes Junkie Alonewithcologne's Avatar

By the Fireplace, and Commodity Velvet in the evening.

Basenotes Plus

I have a standard scent for any food-related event where there will be lots of hugging -- Voyage d'Hermes. Its pleasant, mild cardamom complements foods and it's transparent enough that it won't bludgeon anyone who gets very close to you. Its woodsy/spiced drydown is lovely in crisp, cold weather, and lacks the interminable ambroxan/norlimbanol of most modern woody scents, so it just gracefully fades away after 5 or 6 hours.

It's kind of like Ellena created a version of his own Declaration seen through a misty veil.

(This is for the EDT; I haven't tried the parfum version.)

Jubilation 25 often feels right to me for these type of occasions. I'll probably go with that tomorrow.
    "I'm sure there are things that you like that someone else here dislikes."
    papillo

Basenotes Plus

Working Black Friday sales! Fragrance for the work day will be Guerlain L’Instant De Guerlain Pour Homme EDP.
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I think I'm gonna go with Musc Ravageur for Thanksgiving--possibly for the whole holiday weekend. It's just so comfy and cozy and I've really been feeling it lately.
    I was thinking if i dont go with Gucci PHII that was going to be my choice. But its still up in the air.
    Currently wearing: African Leather by Memo

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Vintage Tabarome
    Ahh yes that one came to mind but I decided to stick to orientals for the festivity.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Derby by Guerlain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast