Code of Conduct

Default Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi (My Thoughts)

Ladies,

I thought I would post some thoughts here because I think this is going to be a huge hit for those fortunate enough to try it. I believe Under My Skin is unisex because I'm male and bought a bottle. I know I'm thebeck and only buy 10ml decants, but I know I'll be needing at least one bottle. Somehow I just think most men aren't man enough to wear this - I could be wrong. This is for the confident man that can wear pink, maybe wear a masculine necklace, sport a striking haircut, and have an outgoing personality.

You ladies only need yourself (You're all confident already)

The notes:
    grapefruit, lavender, black pepper, spices, bulgarian rose, carnation, iris butter, musk, castoreum, ambergris, leather accord, costus, tonka bean, tolu balsam, peru balsam,
    sandal mysore, vanilla, treemoss

Francesca says:
    "This is my personal interpretation of the animalic theme: not loud but whispered, an elegant powdery leathery scent, more human than animalic. The title comes from a conversation with an artist, who told me it is as if the perfume emanates from the skin, rather than being sprayed on: which totally fit the intimate concept of the perfume"

thebeck says:

I like "Angels Dust" and "Dark Side" and wore "Sex and The Sea" almost exclusively this last summer. Let me be blunt right out of the gate. Francesca has totally out done herself this time. Francesca's description above is so right on the money and concise, it's hard to add anything. Think a sophisticated powdery leathery soft floral with just the right amount of clean scrotum. This is the perfect signature scent for those so inclined to have one. With limited production and distribution, chances are you'll never run into someone else wearing it. Kind of like a bespoke without having to refinance your mortgage.

The funny thing is I think I could go on and on with how fantastic "Under My Skin" is, but somehow I still think you'll be amazed as I was when I got my first whiff. Not thrilled with the first whiff, then give it a couple hours.

How did Francesca manage to humanize this scent. She started off with adding the animalic notes to the point is was too much. Then started removing little by little until all the animals took a back seat, and what she had left became humanized. I'm guessing she may have surprised herself with the end result. I don't think for a minute you could plan it to end this way. It's more of a magical process that just comes to fruition after a lot of hard work. Something like this comes with much trial and error. Also a ton of hours and patience, a wee bit of luck, and some talent.

The animalic aspect of Under My Skin does increase in level as the scent slowly develops. It stays attenuated well below your usual animalic, and stays pitch perfect at all times. It doesn't purr like a kitty cat, more like a cougar (the two legged one)

HANDS DOWN "UNDER MY SKIN" GETS MY FRAGRANCE OF THE YEAR AWARD - 2017

It's that good! I did manage to sample about 200 new ones for 2017, so I gave myself voting rights.

I don't think anything else is going to come along in the next 4 weeks, so I'm voting now.

Don't think of Under My Skin as a perfume. It's more akin to optimizing your PH balance and renewing your skin. People will think you smell good, but won't ask what your wearing because it doesn't smell like typical perfume. Apply lightly and just let it just become a part of you. Weird statement - but you'll understand once you sample it. A chance to let it all go and smell like your alter ego.

Maybe a visual will help. These leather seats rubbed with the best floral scented powder and a wee bit of human scent left behind after a couple of fast laps around the race track. Of course the driver would be that person you lust after, or just fantasize about during those private moments.

pagani-huayra-6-640x427-c.jpg

375x500.46650.jpg

A couple of images that I think portrait the confident man I referred to in the first paragraph.
    Attachment 74825
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by thebeck; 5th December 2017 at 10:23 PM.

Default Re: Uner My Skin by Francesca Bianchi

I ordered my sample this week-end, and now I can't wait to try! I love her Angel's Dust.
    Currently wearing: Dark by Akro

Default Re: Uner My Skin by Francesca Bianchi

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    I ordered my sample this week-end, and now I can't wait to try! I love her Angel's Dust.
    Be ready for something special. I hope you have the same experience I did - as I'm having right this minute actually, since I'm wearing it as I type.

Default Re: Under My Skin by Francesca Bianchi (My Thoughts)

Such an evocative review!

I tried my sample and at first it was not a huge hit. But the more I wear, the more I appreciate its smoothness. It's indeed like Francesca said, that it wears like it's directely emenated from the skin. A beautiful and very wearable warm skin scent, not animalic in the shocking way, but melts comfortably into the skin.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    Such an evocative review!

I tried my sample and at first it was not a huge hit. But the more I wear, the more I appreciate its smoothness. It's indeed like Francesca said, that it wears like it's directely emenated from the skin. A beautiful and very wearable warm skin scent, not animalic in the shocking way, but melts comfortably into the skin.
    Yes , Under My Skin is not shocking at all. I'm not sure but what I think you meant to say was "melds" into the skin, and not "melts". Meld refers more to combine, and melt refers more to dissolve into.

For sure the beauty is in the subtleness and elegant qualities of the scent. I find after a couple of hours the animalic part does come up considerably. I agree with the beautiful and very warm skin scent statement,and take it one more step to the best skin scent I've ever had the pleasure of wearing.

With each new wearing you begin to discover how special it is - at least that's what happens to me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Last edited by thebeck; 7th December 2017 at 05:51 PM.

Basenotes Plus

Where does someone in the US get a sample?

Quote Originally Posted by thebeck View Post
    Yes , Under My Skin is not shocking at all. I'm not sure but what I think you meant to say was "melds" into the skin, and not "melts". Meld refers more to combine, and melt refers more to dissolve into.

For sure the beauty is in the subtleness and elegant qualities of the scent. I find after a couple of hours the animalic part does come up considerably. I agree with the beautiful and very warm skin scent statement,and take it one more step to the best skin scent I've ever had the pleasure of wearing.

With each new wearing you begin to discover how special it is - at least that's what happens to me.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Sorry for the confusion. Indeed what I meant was "meld". I didn't realise I mixed these two words up until now. Thank you for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    I got my sample set directly from her website for 30€ shipping included. She also sends to the US for the same price.

You can get it here in the next week or so - keep checking in - It's $7.00 for a sample plus $6.00 shipping.

Get a couple of other samples to make the shipping worth it.

http://www.indiescents.com/brands/fr...iperfumes.html
    Last edited by thebeck; 7th December 2017 at 11:16 PM.

I'd like to thank thebeck for bringing this wonderful perfume to our attention, and to Stella for confirming that it's good - boy, is it good. Hands down my favorite of the year. Thebeck, your description really do it justice. My review of it is now up on my blog, but I wanted to thank the both of you for talking this release up and for making sure it didn't get buried under the countless other new releases of the year.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Thanks for the info all, sounds like it is more than worthy of a sample. I've been wanting to try Sven Pritzkoleit's (SP Parfums) Liquorice Vetiver plus some others and a few of the more popular Sammarco scents, which IndieScents also has, so once Under My Skin shows up there I'll do a mini-haul and post impressions here afterwards. I love their spray samples.
    Last edited by IsoESuperman; 8th December 2017 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Liquorice, not Licorice

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireV View Post
    I'd like to thank thebeck for bringing this wonderful perfume to our attention, and to Stella for confirming that it's good - boy, is it good. Hands down my favorite of the year. Thebeck, your description really do it justice. My review of it is now up on my blog, but I wanted to thank the both of you for talking this release up and for making sure it didn't get buried under the countless other new releases of the year.
    I heard through the grapevine a sample was coming your way. I'm glad you enjoyed it also. I enjoyed reading your review wholeheartedly. I felt like I was reading some of my own thoughts that I wasn't quite able to express.

This part was what I was referring too:

"Under My Skin reads like two different perfumes – one when sniffed closely on the skin, and the other sniffed as an aura or a trail of scent on the air.

I find the dichotomy between the two sides enthralling. What emerges in the air is a glow of milky-sweet sandalwood, like the breath of a breast-fed child, but with an undertone of something even more intimate – a faint hint of young sweat perhaps, or the yeasty, buttery smell of a baby’s nape before his bath. This accord is both nursery-ish and sensual in the original, non-sexual sense of the word, meaning it is physically satisfying to the senses in the same way certain colors, fabrics, textures, and aromas are".

My sample of Ummagumma is arriving today. I'm sure I'm going to love it also.
    Last edited by thebeck; 8th December 2017 at 04:42 PM.

I too enjoyed reading your excellent review. The illustration you chose is a fascinating depiction of Under My Skin!

I very much agree that this year has seen an amazing amount of outstanding releases among indie houses, and this quiet yet enchanting beauty of Under My Skin has a solid place among them.

Intrigued, just order a sample from here https://www.perfumelounge.nl/

I shall report back.

Basenotes Plus

After reading ClaireV's review, I'm determined to get my greedy paws on this one!

Sillage Monster

Lavish praise, indeed!
    The Merry, Merry Month of May

Orris & Sandalwood, Tuberose Angelica, Timbuktu, Patchouli Patch, Black Aoud, Buonissimo, Le Parfum de Therese

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby Lark View Post
    Lavish praise, indeed!
    I know! Now if only Indie Scents would hurry up and get some samples, I would be happy.

Basenotes Plus

Has anyone else sampled this yet? (You can probably sense my eagerness here!)

Starblind, I think that Francesca Bianchi sells samples also to the US? I bought a set of samples from her specifically in order to test Under My Skin, but I recently learned that the full cost of the sample set will be deducted if I buy a full bottle, which makes me very happy indeed as I am planning to purchase this one sometime next year, cash reserves permitting of course!

Basenotes Plus

Starblind, I think that Francesca Bianchi sells samples also to the US? I bought a set of samples from her specifically in order to test Under My Skin, but I recently learned that the full cost of the sample set will be deducted if I buy a full bottle, which makes me very happy indeed as I am planning to purchase this one sometime next year, cash reserves permitting of course!
    How cool--I had no idea that the samples could be deducted! I'll try ordering from her directly, although I just read that she won't be shipping anything during the holiday season.

Obviously, I am really lousy at delayed gratification. :-)

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I know! Now if only Indie Scents would hurry up and get some samples, I would be happy.
    They heard you, it's now available

I'll post thoughts here once the sample arrives.

Dependent

I just ordered the 30 ml extrait from indie scents. I should receive it in a week or so.

No, I do not wear a necklace.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    02. Ottoman Empire by Areej le Doré
    03. Safari Extreme by Abdul Samad Al Qurashi
    04. Baque by Slumberhouse
    05. Arabian Legend by Arabian Oud
    06. Au Coeur du Désert by Tauer
    07. Body Kouros (vintage) by Yves Saint Laurent
    08. Sycomore (EdP) by Chanel
    09. Derby by Guerlain
    10. L'Envol de Cartier EdP by Cartier

Dependent

I just received my bottle today and I am absolutely loving this fragrance!
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    09. Derby by Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Vmaster View Post
    I just received my bottle today and I am absolutely loving this fragrance!
    Would you care to give your impressions? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on this one!

I have posted a video with my thoughts on this fragrance, link below.
    Currently wearing: Bergamote 22 by Le Labo

Dependent

Would you care to give your impressions? I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts on this one!
    My apologies, I never got an email notification that you had replied to this thread.

One thing I did notice, that I thought was interesting, is that this is the type of fragrance where you get a slightly different scent sniffing the fumes and sniffing directly from your skin.

The notes I notice most are leather, milky orris and cinnamon with subdued animallic notes.

I like how it is not an "in your face" kind of fragrance and is more of a "experience me" kind of fragrance. Two sprays at the nape of my neck and people within arm's length can smell it.

Definitely Unisex, definitely sexy, definitely intimate and definitely awesome!
    Personally, this would probably be better worn during the cooler months of the year, but look forward to wearing it this Summer.

Full bottle worthy!

Edit: I have one gripe: It only comes in a 30 ml bottle. The nice part is that a little will go a long way, so I can expect my bottle to last quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne Man View Post
    I have posted a video with my thoughts on this fragrance, link below.
    Nice video! You have a great way with words.
    Last edited by Vmaster; 19th January 2018 at 12:42 AM.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.

Top 10 for Autumn 2018
    01. Gyan by Bvlgari
    09. Derby by Guerlain

Just received my sample and after ten years lurking on this forum, to indulge my perfume love - I joined just to post this for anyone who wants to know:

Under My Skin is the most extraordinary and delicious scent I've ever had the pleasure of sniffing. Thebeck gave a perfect description. I want to lick and chew my own wrist off entirely. It's that wonderful.

It reminds me of how Miller Harris L'Eau de Rien used to smell to me, before they defanged it - but if L'Eau de Rien was only ever a watercolor painting, Under My Skin is a thick luscious oil painting. I simply could not love this sweet-and-salty perfume any more. It smells like sex and dirty knickers and empty cake tins and vintage leather jackets and sweat and happiness.

I am ordering a bottle now - and I might order two, just for fear of it ever changing.

I also got the Sex And The Sea sample by the way, but it doesn't do it for me in the same way - too much rotten pineapple for me.

Basenotes Plus

I finally got a sample and only wish I were as enraptured as everyone else seems to be. To me, the whole thing is more vegetal-smelling than I'd like. It's a bit more green and peppery than skin-like. I was hoping for something a little more human or animal smelling than plant-like.