Code of Conduct

Default First Impressions Of 6 New Imperial Oud Oils (sigiriya, Ceylon Royale, Hainan, Bilqis, Mukhdir...)

have been stoked and impatiently waiting for these oils that should have arrived weeks ago but lovely canada customs decided to hold it for a while. hope they enjoyed them!

without further ado i give you my first raw impressions off the applicator before i come back for longer and more in depth review of each.

sigiriya (2017 sri lanka):
    a more caramelized, fudge/chocolate, toffee sri pada. the jungle vibe, the green, the wild flower honey still there. blind, is unmistakable sri lanka. a bit of ashtrey and last drag of a cuban stogie is sitting in the heart and base of this oil. the obvious is walla patta chunk on 11.5 volt electric burner or directly on 30 min post lit charcoal. i think i would call this a manly man, masculine and regal sri lankan oil. not my own personal style (i like airier, lighter oils) but no aversion to it either. if a friend wants to put a swipe on me, i will gladly roll up my sleeve. thumbs up

ceylon royale (sri lanka 2017):
    well, hello there! arent you beautiful. what an elegant, stipped down, minimally gorgeous oil. a very lively oil. exhilarating scent. instantly charges me and gives me a boost of energy and puts a smile (a big one) on my face. green/blue salty oceanic notes. very mildly medicinal. cooling but not like mint or camphor. perhaps more like green frankincense. bud and jacks/stem of jasmine and lilies. green floral in other words. this is an insanely beautiful sri lanka and imho easily the best yet from Imperial oud and even tops the most insane opening of ADII. run. this one is special and lovers of NG, Malay, Sumatra and Brunei oils i feel will find this oil right in their wheelhouse and a terrific one too. many thumbs up.

bilqis (2016 malaysia):
    blind i wouldnt know where to place it. unique. dont think i have ever smelled anythign like this before. wriggley's gum, fruity candy like with some very cool high altitude aroamtic balsam wood like japanese cypress (hinoki), hemlock, fir. very unqiue oil, but i said that already. elegant, lithe, airy and refreshing. i see snowcapped mountain top. i see an image of an all glass dry sauna perched on top of a snowy mountain overlooking skiers zipping by. i will have to study this further. very exhilirating and energizing.

mukhdir (2016 malaysia):
    EO purple kinam and AA ayu dna is in this oil. call me crazy but i like this oil over both other ones b/c is not as loud and more integrated. ayu while is not fractional, comes across as such to me. purple kinam is just a monster. unreal stuff but man is it powerful and like 10 bottles squeezed in one. mukhdir while is not an everyday oil, is more relaxed and more open knit. there is hint of sri lanka like notes in it (not the first time i have seen or said that about a malay oil). there is hint of that beguiling blue/green bitter note from NG gyrinops that ensar sultan oils of late have on display in spades. i LOVE this oil. grounding yet energizing. weightless weight. mind tingling and addictive.

Hainan vintage 2008:
    too much for me. ultra high toned, very chinese, bitter roots, fresh unearthed yellow beats, penicilin, hosptial and Chinese herbal dispensary but at the same time very animal and barny. clean barn and fresh cast leather. a tiny tiny dab goes a long way. tons below the surface and a very full oil. many layers here. fans of sinesis and hainan who like their barn will be not just happy but thrilled with this oil no doubt.

Hainan imperiale 2016:
    dna of fragrant harbour, more stripped down, more elegant and more refined. i think if someone wants to see a pure sinesis stripped away from all sorts of distilling tricks and techniques, this oil would be it. pleasantly surprised to see how integrated this oils is for such a young oil. i think it will have a great future and if or when one day i open up to sinesis oils after an itinitail quick lastling love for them, i would search out this oil.

note: i read IO own notes on the oils after i wrote my impression and and i have to fully agree on their slightly smoky and walla chip on charcoal note on sigiriya and the green frankinsence (funny how i got this note without knowing thats how IO decribed it) in ceylon royale. i did read that IO says slight smoke in ceylon roayle, but i didnt get any and i am happy that i didnt.

Default Re: First Impressions Of 6 New Imperial Oud Oils (sigiriya, Ceylon Royale, Hainan, Bilqis, Mukhdir..

Absolutely in love with Hainan 2008.

Default Re: First Impressions Of 6 New Imperial Oud Oils (sigiriya, Ceylon Royale, Hainan, Bilqis, Mukhdir..

what's a strong, non-fecal or barnyard oud that you have for sale. i'm looking for something smooth and intellectual.

can you share your webaddress?

Quote Originally Posted by outline View Post
    Absolutely in love with Hainan 2008.

Basenotes Institution

Where is Hainan oud from? China?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hainan is a small island in the South China Sea, the wild wood is almost completely extinct and only found with collectors so oils from wild stock are expensive and rare. Good news is there are now many plantations in Hainan of aquilaria sinensis. We have oils available from this region, @outline is talking about our Hainan vintage oil. We've also produced two batches of co2 oils from this region and experimenting with a third
    www.imperialOud.com the home of pure Oud in the UK

Basenotes Institution

Interesting - thanks Faizal_p

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    what's a strong, non-fecal or barnyard oud that you have for sale. i'm looking for something smooth and intellectual.

can you share your webaddress?
    Just google the words "Imperial Oud" - they're easy to find
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hainan vintage 2008:
    too much for me. ultra high toned, very chinese, bitter roots, fresh unearthed yellow beats, penicilin, hosptial and Chinese herbal dispensary but at the same time very animal and barny. clean barn and fresh cast leather. a tiny tiny dab goes a long way. tons below the surface and a very full oil. many layers here. fans of sinesis and hainan who like their barn will be not just happy but thrilled with this oil no doubt.

- - - Updated - - -

is this the website? http://imperialoud.com/product/hainan-vintage-2008/#

any websites in the USA or from profumo.it (purchased a lot from him before, i wrote him, but he hasn't responded). I want OUD! Refined, a superior longevity. one with many facets that make you think. it's gotta be intellectual.

- - - Updated - - -

peace, brother, on the wonderful reviews. can you recommend any USA sites that are genuine? any recommendations from them?

- - - Updated - - -

oh, and i want my oud to be loud and dazzles you with opulance. no daity princesses pleaes!

Basenotes Institution

So is Fragrant Harbour Supreme a Hainan oil? A non-vintage Hainan oil, I assume? I am testing it now, from a sample I bought - like no other oud I've ever smelled. It really does smell like medicine.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Hi Mike, Yes FHS is an oil made from Hainan/ Guangdong plantations and a small portion of wild wood from Hainan. The wild wood was used to make our Hainan Imperiale (not yet released) oil.
    Chinese Oud is very unique and does have a medicinal vibe to it, deep green, slightly musky with herbal aroma.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    So is Fragrant Harbour Supreme a Hainan oil? A non-vintage Hainan oil, I assume? I am testing it now, from a sample I bought - like no other oud I've ever smelled. It really does smell like medicine.
    www.imperialOud.com the home of pure Oud in the UK