Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: SOTD: Thursday, 7th December, 2017

Hello, everyone and good afternoon!

Knit, thank you for the update. I hope all my friends and former neighbors on the west coast stay safe and fire-free. Please keep us posted and let us know that everything's OK. Urgent good vibes coming through from Texas--

Thank you so very very much to teardrop, ine, Jon (nice to have you back, sir!), shades and everyone else for warm greetings. If I miss a couple of days here, it seems like I miss a years' worth of events . . ..

Q--Day-Z is an adorable name! You guys sound like it's full-on Puppy Love Chez Q. Congratulations again!

Yesterday Big Lu started the day with giving me kitty baditude for no good reason, and the result was that Mommy put her in the bathtub for one of her twice-yearly baths. Needless to say, Big Lu HATES the bathtub (somebody told me that Siberians love water--I have no idea what they're talking about). She's fairly docile once we get going, but she screams bloody murder, and she is so big and so damn loud that I'm pretty sure the neighbors have some weird ideas about what goes on up here. It was necessary; she gets little spots near the base of her tail sometimes, because she's allergic to fleas (and despite all our efforts with medication and cleanliness, this is Texas; and it has been a damp year, and one or two always make it into that thick coat) and a bath gets rid of all the stuff that causes those, and it also turns her into a creature with the consistency of a baby duck. She has been sleeping it off since last night--her winter coat is considerably heavier and takes much longer to dry than her summer coat, so it was a looong and pitiful process until she was water free.

Otherwise, things are quiet here at Chez DS. Mr DS has returned from a short visit with his family, and it's nice to be getting back into our usual groove. I'm still kinda dealing with some personal stuff (I swear I'm not being mysterious--there's just no way to explain it all with concision, and I think it's time for a therapist so I don't have to shoulder this on my own), but I suppose weirdness keeps life interesting, and challenges are always opportunities for self-betterment--so I'm keeping my chin up and reading a lot of Tudor history, which helps me focus on other people's problems instead.

And it's gonna be cold as all get-out here tonight--below freezing, which means we have to bring in the plants. I think the neighbors have abandoned their incredibly fecund pepper plants, so we'll probably take them in as well. One is loaded with ripening lunchbox peppers--all still green due to the short days, but hanging in there. Any advice from the green thumbs around here? One is getting awfully big for its container and I don't know if it needs replanting or what we should do. I've managed not to kill anything this year, which is huge for me, so I'd like to keep the streak going . . . .

It was chilly enough for Cadjmere earlier, but after a Rose Jam session I went for some No 19 EdT. However, I'm developing a massive obsession with Montale White Aoud (I know! Me? Montale? CRAZY. But I've also fallen for the Attar for what it's worth) and I daubed a little of my precious sample on my wrist, just to keep it close. Suddenly all I want are woods, dry iris and Fleur de Cassie--and here it is, amber season in full effect. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling some of the luscious sweeties I've got in this month's rotation . . . .

The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom.
    --William Blake
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Blog Entries

Healing & hopeful hugs going out to (((knit))), (((ineespenes))) & (((tds))).
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Shalimar by Guerlain

Basenotes Institution

Lot's happening in our little world today, no? Hugs to all that need them.

Lonesome Rider by Tauer (sample)

I can't believe how much this smells like Orris, Tauer's disco'd gem that I've owned for years. It makes owning this obsolete for me. But it's been fun sampling this. And I swear that there is a tiny whiff of this scent in his new Attar AT.

I work in Miami Beach & the city (Miami, Miami Beach and it's surrounding neighborhoods) are inundated with tourists here for Art Basel 2017. The traffic is sort of insane. It starts today & ends Sunday. It took me 90 minutes to get home last night - a usual 20 min trip. Tonight, I think I might work late...just to avoid being in crazy heavy traffic. Let's see how the night evolves.

And I have Christmas Cards to finish signing and addressing...and a few gifts I need to buy. Where is the time going!?
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

SotE

Texas, Miami, California, New Zealand...pretty amazing place we've got here when you stop and think about it.

knit, that sounds scary as hell, please keep safe.
    Jon, the light is incredible, so vibrant. You'll think you're in a black and white film when you get back home.
    tds, you and Montale...cannot compute!

Organza Indecence tonight.

Chrome by Azzaro
    There isn't anything better than smelling good and being complimented on how good you smell!

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time." ~ Huey Lewis & The News
    "If you don't stop and take a look around once in awhile, you might miss it." ~ Ferris Bueller

Best wishes to knit at nite for your home to be safe! Thanks to Jon for the beautiful photos. And healing vibes for inespenees and diamondsea.

Today I’m in Coco Noir edp.

SOTE: Green Valley

The power of bleu

I’m wearing Traversee du Bosphore today. As I’ve mentioned before, TdB is one of those shape-shifter scents that changes a little each time I wear it. Today, it was very sweet with the Turkish Delight the prominent note. I always enjoy wearing this one!

knit, stay safe! Sending prayers and good thoughts to all affected by the Thomas Fire ( and thoughts of calm winds and rain! )

Ine, I must have missed reading that you were having eye surgery! I hope you are recovering well.

hugs to all ...
    I've trademarked the color bleu