Code of Conduct
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51
Results 1,501 to 1,526 of 1526
    Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Synchronized Fridays 2018

I know what I'll be wearing for IsoEsuperman's Artistic Day, and I won't have to impose my own definition on it. I'll just use IsoE's own description.

Anything that could make him paint a word picture this vivid is indisputably artistic.

Ambergreen by Oliver & Co.

"I can't even come close to speaking to technical competence or if I even really like how it smells. I sure as hell like what it does though."
    --IsoESuperman

I regard Bertrand Duchaufour as an artist of perfumery.
    His Sienne l'Hiver whilst not a universally popular,
    mainstream fragrance paints a very clear picture in
    my mind. That is the one I shall wear tomorrow.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.
    Currently wearing: Noa by Cacharel

Happy ISOeSuperman's Artistic Day! It's still hot here so I've chosen to wear What I Did on My Holidays by 4160 Tuesdays. It's an unusual beach scent with a quirky lavender mint icecream accord. There's a coconut note that has become noticeable in very hot weather, too.

Freed from BN Institution

For IsoESuperman's BN Day I will be syncing with 4160 Tuesdays Doe In The Snow.

Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Freed from BN Institution

Many thanks to everyone who have participated in Synchronized Friday 2018

Hope to see you all in the Synchronized Friday 2019 thread
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Sous Le Vent by Guerlain

Hello everyone, Happy New Year and what great fun it has been with each Synchronized day of 2018.

For the final Friday Synch of the year, it is Centrepiece by 4160 Tuesdays for me.
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: Smart by Andrea Maack

Blog Entries

lt had to be L'Heure Bleue for me today.

lt's been a joy to synch with all of you this year, see you in next year's thread!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.
    Currently wearing: Jasmin T by Bruno Acampora

Basenotes Plus

Happy IsoESuperman Day! A lovely gentleman. Wearing SJP Stash today. It may be a celebuscent but it’s plenty quirky and edgy.

Thanks to N. Cal and everyone who participated in this year’s synch for making it such a pleasure! Look forward to joining you all again next year. Xo
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

.................................... Penn's old stomping grounds
    Blog Entries

Happy Iso-E-Artistic-Day!

I'm starting with Cadavre Exquis by F+G.

Hopefully, I'll continue joining synchs next year, as well.
    Sono strano e sono orgoglioso di essorlo...

Happy IsoESuperman Day! Feeling pretty confident in my ability to meet the brief for this one. Have gone for Rose Boheme by Providence Perfume Co.

Thank you for a great sync year, N.Cal, and here's to 2019! You're an excellent host for all of these wild Friday parties! Very glad and appreciative that you took this on!

Changed it up at the last minute and wore my brand new sample of Baruti Berlin im Winter, the acquisition of which was directly inspired by IsoE's appreciation.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Celebrating IsoE’s sync day in Cèdre Sambac.

Celebrating IsoE’s sync day in Cèdre Sambac.

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

Great choices all, it's been a pleasure synching with everybody for another year. And of course a big thanks to N.Cal for setting it up and taking us into 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    So tomorrow is "ISOeSuperman's Artistic Day". Are we referring to artisanal fragrances here, or something we consider to be art?? Perhaps both?
    Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
    Yes, I was thinking I need a hint?
    Not a hint exactly, and maybe not helpful at all (especially considering it's mid-day here already) but one of my favorite parts about Friday Synch themes is how people bend them to their will and/or their choice of fragrance. If I have any say in the matter, go for whatever you'd rather go for, whether it's something you consider a rather artistic composition or from an independent 'artisan'. For whatever reason, when I hear the word artisan or artisanal I tend to think of bread, like loaves of hearty bread. Artisan bread. Go figure.

When I think of small independent perfume houses, while they occasionally make things I consider artistic, I, for whatever reason, don't really think of them as artisans, even if by definition they are. I don't mean to say that I dispute that they are artisans, it's just that 'artisan' isn't the go-to term that my brain associates with the concept. Usually just call them independent (or indie) perfumers, although I do consider many of them to be producing olfactory art.

In terms of artistic perfumes, for me they are spread across all genres of perfumery - basically anything that strikes me as olfactory art...whatever that is. Fahrenheit, Vol de Nuit, Cuir de Russie (Chanel), Feu Secret, Or Black, The Peradam (most everything from Apoteker Tepe really), Palais Jamais, Kerbside Violet, Cuir Pleine Fleur, Bel Ami, Coriolan, L'Arte di Gucci, are just a few off the top of my head. I also like plenty of stuff that, off the top of my head, I don't consider artistic...but I have a feeling that, if given sufficient time to think about it, I could probably find an artistic bent in nearly everything in my wardrobe. With enough vacillation, prevarication, and rationalization, most any conclusion can be reached.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I think of artistic as creative, innovative, expressive.
    More or less the same for me. Something unusual in the sense of being distinctive, not necessarily 'weird', while also being wearable/enjoyable. I like sampling weird stuff sometimes, but rarely (maybe never?) will I buy a bottle of something I think is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Dior Sauvage Very Cool Spray is very artistic.
    The epitome.

Quote Originally Posted by ComDiva View Post
    Based on this, and the sensibility of “artistic” as “niche,” “a work of art,” etc., I’m thinking I will break into my Lampblack sample stash (as close as I could get to buying a bottle before it got discontinued) for tomorrow’s sync. Yay! Looking forward to wearing it.
    We're on the same page about Eau Noire and Lampblack, I'd consider both of them artistic for sure. Fear not if you think Lampblack is disco'd, though. Very much alive and well! Eau Noire on the other hand is quasi-disco'd. Only available in France direct from Dior as of a year or so ago.
    Currently wearing: Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

I forgot about the synch again. But, this morning I'm wearing Devin. Is that artistic? Who knows ....

Maybe I'd put on CdG Black after shower in the evening. Would that be artistic?

For indie/niche, I have Thirty-Three and Christopher Street, but neither strikes me as particularly artistic.

Or I can open my bottle of Bleu de Chanel Parfum (I'm still dilly-dallying with the idea of returning it) as that would be eau so ahhtistic!
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

I'm pulling myself off my week of Like This for the sake of Art. Random draw from assorted samples box gives... 2 empty vials... followed by Bruno Acampora Sandan, not the most artistic of the line, but there you go!
    Currently wearing: La Colonia by Oliver & Co.

Basenotes Plus

.................................... Penn's old stomping grounds
    Blog Entries

On to Blood & Honey by one of my favorite artists, Claire B. of Sixteen92.
    Sono strano e sono orgoglioso di essorlo...

The power of bleu

I’m wearing Tauerville Hyacinth and a Mechanic for IsoESuperman’s special Artistic Day.

This would be considered artistic if only by the brilliant images it conjures up in my mind. My Grandad owned an auto repair garage back years ago when I was very young. One sniff of HaaM and I’m back in that garage ... HaaM is not a scent to wear every day but for some amazing performance art, it is just the thing!

One of Basenote’s best, it’s always such such a treat to read IsoESuperman’s posts! Here’s to you
    I've trademarked the color bleu

After a hiatus from the Friday sync, ending 2018 with Soir de Lune by Sisley. HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!
    Currently wearing: Benghal by Lancôme

Thanks, N.Cal for another wonderful year of Friday syncs.

Today I wore L`Air du Desert Marocain as my artistic scent. Thanks everyone and N. Cal for a great year of syncing! It has been fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

I was in Bruno Acampora's Ruby earlier, forgetting about the synch. Now I'm in Luctor et Emerge by People of the Labyrinths. It was considered pretty edgy when it came out, and to my nose it still is. Cherry Play-Doh. I love it. Happy IsoESuperman's Artistic Day!
    PS my avatar is a piece by Marcel Duchamp. My favorite artist. Seems apropos!
    “The unnatural and the strange have a perfume of their own”
    ― Fernando Pessoa
    Currently wearing: Manakara by Indult

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of work and travel and family, but I synched without posting. My winter scent was Boyfriend by Kate Walsh (though the house is listed as "Boyfriend" on Basenotes), which has quickly become one of my favorites. It's more nuanced than I expected, and I have been reaching for it more than some of my other winter favorites like Eau de Shalimar and Donna Karan Signature.

My fragrance for IsoE Day was French Lilac by Pacifica, inspired by Mary Cassatt's "Lilacs in a Window." Like LiveJazz, I planned to wear an Imaginary Authors fragrance but changed my mind at the last minute.

I look forward to synching with everyone next year!

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

So this is what happens when a thread is unstickied.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it. It's The Great Shy Purge of 2019.

Always be smelling

Wore Eau Noir for IsoE's day. Spent the whole day in NYC. A tourist central this time of the year.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Coriolan by Guerlain

People of Zee Wurl, Relax

I hope everyone enjoyed the final sync of the year. As I'm prone to saying, it was good for me, I hope it was good for you. Again, you're a great group and I thoroughly enjoyed what I think was my first full year of syncs (I jumped on the train in early-mid 2017, I think) with some of Basenote's finest. The sync was always a fun way to start the weekend. Thanks again to N.Cal for keeping the party going.

Hope everyone has a safe and fun NYE. Darjeeling & any AUS/NZ friends might be in 2019 already, the sneaky time travelers.
    Currently wearing: Wazamba by Parfum d'Empire

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51