Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: The Allure of Aventus

Franciscus, I'm very grateful for your contributions here as its nice to hear from someone with such a critical perspective as my intent with this thread was to cut through the BS that surrounds this house and specifically this release by zeroing in on who really made the scent as it certainly wasn't anyone named Creed as far as I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Franciscus View Post
    These lies about captives are ridiculous for anyone (like me) who has seen a true and reliable GCMS (there is no physical space in the calculation results for any captive)! Of this ordinary perfume for people who do not distinguish Art from Trash! Aventus is very easy to reproduce. And you do not need captives to do it better, so... stop spreading ignorance.
    Would you like to share that true and reliable GCMS with me as I'd be very interested in seeing what you believe is a true and reliable makeup of the scent. Also if Aventus is so easy to reproduce why is it that every single clone fails miserably at even replicating it, let alone bettering it in either its vintage or modern makeup? I've tried out quite a lot of wannabes and they are all lacking in a great many elements that define Aventus for me ranging from composition to performance to peoples reactions. The only thing I could ascribe this difference to is captives which force the clone makers to add in more of other aroma chemicals to approximate the effect which overall leaves less room for everything else which is why they don't smell the same at the end of the day along with the GCMS reverse engineering guesswork clouding the waters. Have you ever whipped up a clone? If so I'm interested to hear how it came out.

The formulas change from batch to batch because Creed entrusts production to different subcontractors. Here's the mystery, but trust me, it's always a race to put in the bottle, the most bitter stuff in the world. You only like it because it's expensive. And the formula as many experts know, is not at all original, because it is copied from a previous success (mainstream).
    This subcontractor aspect is news to me but makes a lot of sense as it would explain quite a lot and fits in with the overall truth behind the image. What exactly is it copied from? As I said in my original post Ralph Laurens Purple Label fragrance smells like a prototype of Aventus to me but it was far from a mainstream success and I'm struggling to think of anything that smelled like Aventus before it was released so help me out here if you can.

I am convinced that even among us there are infiltrators who make the business interest of the Creed company (including SELLERS). There is a Creed Mafia, the same one that has spread the lies about the history of the brand (which in reality, was born in the 90s) paying space in the media over the last 18 years. Did any of you know Creed before the year 2000? Very difficult...
    The marketing and branding ethos behind the house of Creed is founded on and surrounded by lies, the best of which appears to be that Messers Creed are "master perfumers" when they are, in musical parlance, ghosts at best because its evident other people are doing the work and they are putting their names/fake history on there for people who like the nouveau riche associations to eat up via their low cost astroturfing of forums such as these in order to create hype without spending real money. All the while people question their tall tales of making perfumes for handily dead celebrities and sunken ships but no one thought to fact check if the noses were actually noses and that is quite a clever way of lying... Personally I would never pay the retail price for this scent as its ludicrously overpriced but at around £1 per ml via a split it beats out the competition in that price bracket with ease as I do like the way it smells.

What is the allure of Aventus to me? That's an easy answer. Compliments. Back when Aventus samples were cheaper I bought about 10 sample 2.5 ml vials off eBay and emptied them into an atomizer. I own a boatload of designers and clones and I've had more compliments off of those 25 mls than with the rest of my wardrobe (not that I have many "great" fragrances)... Instead of what is the allure of Aventus to us; I guess the better question might be... What is the allure of Aventus to the rest of the world?
    Last edited by tjarksd; 30th March 2018 at 07:25 PM.
    A single simple smile can change the world…

Fragrances owned, but not in the basenotes database:

Armaf's The Pride
    Diamond Collection Bravo (Copy of Only the Brave by Diesel)
    Diamond Collection Bravo Tattoo (Copy of Only The Brave Tattoo by Diesel)
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

franciscus, aventus contains paradisone and a lot of other captives....
    anyway I think that the current formulation is crap and overpriced, so i searced for some vintage stuff.... and I found just a fake bottle here in italy...
    the vintage was a dynascone bomb and it was very good... so powerful and it contained also something fecal...
    franciscus, if you have some infos about the gcms of the vintage stuff, why don t you share these infos with us?
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

Please... Who the hell said that sh** of Aventus contains captives? Repeating a lie does not make it a reality. Who is the source of this lie!?

Basenotes Plus

Please... Who the hell said that sh** of Aventus contains captives? Repeating a lie does not make it a reality. Who is the source of this lie!?
    Franciscus-
    Since joining, your seven posts have been all vitriol, throwing shade at others and Creed, and angry.

You can calm down, and give constructive help instead of such negativity, please.
    If you indeed have such depth of knowledge, share that, instead of everything as vitriol, please.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

http://colognoisseur.com/tag/paradisone/

Please visit that and see please.

51FE3677-A90E-47A2-A8D9-41797A67B91E.jpeg

See what is different from hedione and hedione hc at paradisone.Paradisone is a syntesis of hedione.Do you think that for example IFF,Firmeninch,Givaudan or other big firms sell all ingredients to all costumers?That is not secret that some quality materials reserve to some big firms and that materials don’t sell anyone other than that brand.For example,lacoste is a costly wearing firm,why?Because their fabric quality can not find everywhere.Because lacoste reserved that fabric.And we say it “Capitalism”

So you trust a child-blogger without any authority to claim serious things like the presence of patented molecules in a composition.
    This is not a cognitive but deceptive attitude. I am amused but also outraged by the falsehoods that have been rumored for years on Creed in this forum.
    Stop talking about captives if you have no documentary evidence of what you say, you are doing serious misinformation.
    Technically, the "sanctity" of Creed's compositions does not exist. We are dealing with a dramatically simple composition. That someone wants to paint as complex or precious, when it is neither one nor the other.
    Last edited by Franciscus; 30th March 2018 at 09:36 PM.

So you trust a child-blogger without any authority to claim serious things like the presence of patented molecules in a composition.
    This is not a cognitive but deceptive attitude. I am amused but also outraged by the falsehoods that have been rumored for years on Creed in this forum.
    Stop talking about captives if you have no documentary evidence of what you say, you are doing serious misinformation.
    Technically, the "sanctity" of Creed's compositions does not exist. We are dealing with a dramatically simple composition. That someone wants to paint as complex or precious, when it is neither one nor the other.
    I talked a professional perfumer in a expo in Turkey and he said me that,making same that base note of aventus is easy but top note is very hard.If he said me so,i don’t trust other one,i trust him because he is doing wonderfull.And I know he made replica aventus and it is very close to original.But the problem is that has not strongly

Basenotes Plus

So you trust a child-blogger
    Pardon me, but with only eight vitriolic posts, and we do not know who you are, your own credibility is nil.

outraged by the falsehoods that have been rumored for years on Creed in this forum.
    This forum is not the Fanboy Creed forum, it is quite critical. Do not accuse this forum of spreading falsehoods, please.

you are doing serious misinformation.
    Technically, the "sanctity" of Creed's compositions does not exist.
    Technically, you have offered zero proof that your information is not misinformation.

So until you would like to surrender more than vitriolic opinion, . . . . . .
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Here in France the "Creed" question was solved many years ago with a simple laugh.
    It is you who need my first-hand information, not me of your confusion.
    I will not let myself be touched by your insolence, Mr. Californian, you that post "pop corn" as a sign of serious conversation and now accuse me of non-existent issues.
    I call you to the respect that until now you have not given to me and to this debate.
    By the way, I assume you own the Aventus GCMS. You should know that what I say is true...

Deleted.
    Last edited by BAGreat; 4th April 2018 at 03:04 AM.

We hope that,there will be a GCMS table and its comment after from this debate.
    ������������
    Please let’s be respectfull all together.Here is not an arena for matching our knowledge

And it’s being discussed about Allure of Aventus.

If Aventus doesn’t allure you,choose another forum for discuss or say something positive.

But i love this scent ��

In Aventus there is simple Helvetolide and Ambrettolide. You put a link that has nothing to do with it, this fairy tale of captives must end. A random page from an online dictionary does not help anyone.
    The etymology of the term Allure is Latin, and indicates the posture, the elegance. I'm sorry, but to use this noble term for a perfume that recalls a thousand of sporty shower gel, frankly seems to me an exaggeration. My advice is to try many more fragrances, to understand the distance between a quality perfume and a perfume that appears torn from the functional department of a company of detergents. You have to refine your taste, trying above all the great masterpieces of the History of Perfumery. Open your horizons to the true universal beauty that seduces the world.
    Last edited by Franciscus; 30th March 2018 at 11:50 PM.

Deleted.
    Last edited by BAGreat; 4th April 2018 at 03:04 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Well, it's happened again, another purveyor of arrogance has found their way to my list of ignore-ance.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Well, it's happened again, another purveyor of arrogance has found their way to my list of ignore-ance.
    He seems to be just a troll; better ignored.

In Aventus there is simple Helvetolide and Ambrettolide. You put a link that has nothing to do with it, this fairy tale of captives must end. A random page from an online dictionary does not help anyone.
    The etymology of the term Allure is Latin, and indicates the posture, the elegance. I'm sorry, but to use this noble term for a perfume that recalls a thousand of sporty shower gel, frankly seems to me an exaggeration. My advice is to try many more fragrances, to understand the distance between a quality perfume and a perfume that appears torn from the functional department of a company of detergents.
    yes, the current formulation is exactly this: functional smelling crap.
    there are a lot of better fragrances for way less money...
    but you have to admit, as I do, that the first formulation was VERY alluring.

Who has offended and denigrated my solid as steel truths, qualifies for what it is, and I do not waste time with the bullying of that Californian gentleman, that I leave to his popcorn and his obvious arrogance and ignorance.
    All I have said comes from my experience in the company I work for, and from my constructive interaction with some lab technicians who worked for the Creed company. You will continue, without me, your positive narratives about that worthless scent, but for sure: your disinformation helps Aventus to make sure appealing to the most naive unprepared people. Basically you are doing a service to the dealers of that shoddy stuff. And I do not want to know what's underneath this dog barking. Please do not write me privately on this subject, I will not answer. Thank you. Adieu.

Franciscus, for what fragrance company do you work for? I am genuinely curious. Also do the Creed Lab Technicians formulate compounds for Olivier and Erwin?

`WOW!

Mona Lisa, Popcorn
    Secret Secrets!.... no ....REALLY secret secrets.... "I know more than you-oo" kind of secrets.
    Mafia, Californians, Barking Dogs, Purple Labelz
    ... now minus the smoke..... and mirrors, and tax offices in Luxembourg
    After reading this sordid tale I feel like I've just witnessed a B-rate movie in a c-rate cinema.... I need a wash.... and I want the 10 minutes of my life back. LOL
    None of it holds any creedence. Nothing to see here folks... move along..mon Dieu!
    Last edited by julian35; 2nd April 2018 at 10:21 PM.

Basenotes Plus

It was quite fun to contemplate pistols at dawn over perfumery...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

Default The Allure of Aventus

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    It was quite fun to contemplate pistols at dawn over perfumery...
    besides... that would be "Mr. Southern Californian" wouldn't it
    after all this, I had to get my sample and smell it one more time to see if I was missing something .....Spilling over my mixing table... Perhaps there really is an Aventus god? Le grand ananas.
    Last edited by julian35; 2nd April 2018 at 10:22 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by sobejjj; 5th June 2018 at 01:55 PM. Reason: no longer relevant
    Currently wearing: Battaniye by Pekji

Franciscus, have you seen an accurate GCMS of the vintage juice or the modern reform?

Quote Originally Posted by BAGreat View Post
    Please tell me, did your GC/MS find Vulcanolide, Tibetolide, Angelicolide, Muscopyridine, all present in Aventus? Did you even know these molecules existed and have been widely used for over two decades? There is an entire world we do not know about and are not entitled to know. Billion dollar companies should be able to enjoy and profit from spending millions of dollars on research and development to develop and find use for new molecules. Why should they freely give this information away? It doesn’t make sense.

My information is not from a GC/MS, but from someone who knows more about Aventus than anyone in the world. I will leave it up to you to discover that meaning.
    please tell me, what do *you* know about the molecule Angelicolide for example ? (apart from having heard the name, which sounds quite nice of course)
    but let me guess, this is highly confidential
    by the way, the source of your information is obvious and its reliability highly questionable in my opinion (to put it in a mild and diplomatic way)

Basenotes Junkie

Right, off topic, that's true, but it intrigues me regarding this question:

Quote Originally Posted by BAGreat View Post
    Please tell me, did your GC/MS find Vulcanolide, Tibetolide, Angelicolide, Muscopyridine, all present in Aventus?
    This question raised another question for me: i have always learned that the detected peaks of aroma chemicals in a CG/MS must be linked to a database that contains the CAS numbers and/or names to make it interpretable to us human beings. My question: would captives anyway show up with names or CAS numbers? I figure maybe in the CG/MS databases of the industry using the captives, but how could we tell? How could we tell a 'non identified' (often small or trace amount) peak in a CG/MS is a captive, and what captive it is?
    Please visit my blog for a listing of all my free formulas

I have to say, I'm with Francisus on the substance of this issue, if not on the tone of his comments which is indeed overly-scathing.

As far as I know, despite Creed's claims to have made fragrances for every king, queen and nobleman to have existed since the baby Jesus (did you hear, they made a perfume for him too?), the brand popped up in the 80s and fabricated much of its history.

This may not bode well for our trust of the company, but I suppose its fragrances should be judged independently. Aventus is nice, but these claims about the captives used are largely hype, and BAGreat seems to be mentioning molecules which have no mention in the scientific literature. Arcadi Boix camps often does the same, making hobbyists feel terrible for eg. using methyl laitone when ethyl laitone is thousands of times better! This sort of isomeric snobbishness damages our community a great deal, I feel.

A reminder: all captives have patents, if it doesn't have a patent, it's simply not a captive. It may be used exclusively by a fragrance company, but without patent this use is not legally restricted. Like Timon, I would be curious to hear about this fabled Angelicolide.

Quote Originally Posted by perfumum View Post
    I have to say, I'm with Francisus on the substance of this issue, if not on the tone of his comments which is indeed overly-scathing.

As far as I know, despite Creed's claims to have made fragrances for every king, queen and nobleman to have existed since the baby Jesus (did you hear, they made a perfume for him too?), the brand popped up in the 80s and fabricated much of its history.

This may not bode well for our trust of the company, but I suppose its fragrances should be judged independently. Aventus is nice, but these claims about the captives used are largely hype, and BAGreat seems to be mentioning molecules which have no mention in the scientific literature. Arcadi Boix camps often does the same, making hobbyists feel terrible for eg. using methyl laitone when ethyl laitone is thousands of times better! This sort of isomeric snobbishness damages our community a great deal, I feel.

A reminder: all captives have patents, if it doesn't have a patent, it's simply not a captive. It may be used exclusively by a fragrance company, but without patent this use is not legally restricted. Like Timon, I would be curious to hear about this fabled Angelicolide.
    perfectly agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jsparla View Post
    Right, off topic, that's true, but it intrigues me regarding this question:

This question raised another question for me: i have always learned that the detected peaks of aroma chemicals in a CG/MS must be linked to a database that contains the CAS numbers and/or names to make it interpretable to us human beings. My question: would captives anyway show up with names or CAS numbers? I figure maybe in the CG/MS databases of the industry using the captives, but how could we tell? How could we tell a 'non identified' (often small or trace amount) peak in a CG/MS is a captive, and what captive it is?
    yes, captive molecules are always registered and tested substances, so they have a cas number and a chemical IUPAC nomenclature name, and often they have also a fantasy name like tibetolide or angelicolde...
    so in a gcms the peaks generated from captive molecules are named from the existing database of chemical substances.

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 06.49.32.jpg

Need Paul's popcorn.jpg