Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Creed Aventus TESTER - Fake or real?

This is what eBay told me to do. Any suggestions?

"Dear.......,

I'm contacting on behalf of eBay about the Aventus Cred Perfume (112678389060) that you recently purchased. We know it can be disappointing when you receive a counterfeit item. I'm happy to help you get this resolved as quickly as possible.

In order to continue with the investigation of your eBay Money Back Guarantee case, you must destroy and discard the item (if it wasn't discarded by the manufacturer or law enforcement) and provide eBay with a declaration confirming the item's destruction or confiscation. This is necessary as it may be illegal to ship this item back.

eBay is unable to reimburse you for costs related to showing that the item is counterfeit. Documents given to us may also be given to the seller, if needed.

Please print out, and then sign and date the declaration below. Scan or take a clear digital photo of the signed declaration and save the file on your device.

Note: Save the declaration as one of the following file formats: *.gif, *.jpg, *.png, or pdf. For security reasons, we don’t accept any other formats or aggregated (compressed) or executable files.

The declaration must contain your real name, case number, eBay item number, and an actual signature with date. Review the other information to ensure it's correct. You may not receive a refund or be able to appeal a case if anything is wrong in the declaration. If you'd like to add anything else, please put it under the signature line.

We must receive your declaration within 5 days or until January 18, 2018 so we can investigate your case. If we don't receive your declaration by then, your case will be closed. Unfortunately, we can't give extensions to the time period. We'll reply with an update on your case within 72 hours of receiving your declaration.

To submit the completed declaration, please click on the following link and follow the steps below:
    https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?dep...............

1. Sign in using your email or eBay username and password.
    2. Select 'General information' from the 'Document type' drop-down menu.
    3. Select 'Add file,' and then locate the copy of the declaration on your device.
    4. Provide a description of your document in the 'Comments' field.
    5. Review the information about how eBay protects your privacy and check the box to confirm that you agree.
    6. Select 'Send' and wait for the confirmation to appear to ensure your documents have been submitted for review.

Please note that it may take up to 3 business days for us to review your information.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as possible and look forward to receiving your documentation.

Sincerely,
    Marjorie Ann M.

eBay Customer Service

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************************************

--- Declaration ---

The eBay Money Back Guarantee Department

----------------------------- Regarding: -----------------------------

Case number: 5159307698
    eBay item number: 112678389060

I confirm that the eBay item above has been destroyed and discarded or had been previously discarded in accordance with eBay's instructions. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that all statements submitted herewith are true to the best of my knowledge.

______________________ _____________

Signature Date"

If I were you, I'd remove my first and surname from the bottom of your post...

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    If I were you, I'd remove my first and surname from the bottom of your post...
    The name isn't mine, it's the seller's .

- - - Updated - - -

I WON!
    I sent the signed declaration to the case handler and he give me a full refund without return.
    Now I'll stay close to the stores posted here on basenotes, for whom all you are saying that they sell the genuine Creed Aventus.
    The fragrancedirect.zendesk.com are legit?

Thanks mates!

Update:
    It seems that they don't have any kind of Creed Aventus for men... any suggestions with a decent price?
    Last edited by psycho_t1x; 18th January 2018 at 07:23 PM.

Nobody has any suggestion?

Basenotes Plus

I would suggest buying 100ml decanted from here unless you plan on selling part of it. Much cheaper and you can buy another decant of creed with the price difference. If you must have the bottle then I would try Notino or Fragrancenet. Dont let it discourage you from ebay though. I too bought a fake Aventus tester. It had no cap and looked legitimate for $189. I forgot what batch it said it was. It was not a too good to be true number though. Live and learn. You cant always go by the price. I thought it surly had to be legit for that price. I sent mine back and the seller claimed he was mad too because his supplier sold him a fake.
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

Thanks for the info!
    In my case, the seller was aware of what he was selling and he deserves the outcome... no return and full refund.
    I've allready made a order for a 120ml Creed Aventus with 16M01 batch from Notino ("aoro by Notino" in my country) at a discounted price of 276 EUR, just because one corner of the box was a little bent. Now I'm waiting the parcel arrival, so I can learn the differences between genuine and fake Creed Aventus perfume.

Basenotes Plus

Night and day for sure. I already had a couple different batches when i received my fake. It was pretty similar however it lacked the depth and the quality that makes Aventus a God lol. What is scary is the counterfeiters are getting remarkably good at the replicas from the juice to the bottles. Case in point, I received a bottle Chanel Platinum Egoiste old bottle style and a Dior Homme Intense from a seller in Russia that seemed legit from all pics but once i received them i could tell they were fake but would difinitly fool someone new to the game. I did NOT send them back as the shipping back to Russia was too much for the seller so i gave tgem to a buddy at work. At the time i had not smelled the Dior and the fake was actually a good scent. I told him they are fake and warned that you never really know whats in them. He loves them. I can smell them on him from time to time. The thing is, I paid $135 for them combined. Thats almost full average ebay prices. Those are the only three experiences I have had dealing with counterfeits. Live and learn. I know you will enjoy your AUTHENTIC Aventus. Cheers

10 years back I was selling perfumes from a warehouse from Austria and I have seen a lots of perfumes, but I never had Creed Aventus. To know for sure that a perfume it's fake, a good fake, you gotta at least have seen an authentic one, otherwise almost anyone can be fooled.
    The Creed Aventus shocked me when a cousin came from UK an crushed over night in my room, and the next day the whole room, I mean ALL the room, was smelling like Creed Aventus perfume... and for the next 7-10 days. In that moment I sayd "That's it!"

Basenotes Plus

I keep over a hundred colognes in bedroom closet and when i walk in the room i can smell them hiding away lol

Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I received the Creed Aventus perfume from Notino with the 17N01 batch, the differences of the bottle characteristics between the fake and authentic Creed its enormous, but honestly, I'm a little disappointed, the longevity of the perfume doesn't last more than 2-3 hours. I've sprayed it on me six times in the morning, and in the evening there where no "shades" of it, not on me and any of my clothing. I seems to me that what my cousin had... I don't know what kind of Creed he had, but it isn't this "eau de parfum" which is more like an eau de toilette. I had very big expectations of longevity from a 300+ EUR perfume... I mean, I have a Baldessarini Secret Mission & many other 50-150 EUR perfumes that last longer then Creed... bollocks!
    Last edited by psycho_t1x; 30th January 2018 at 07:29 PM.

Basenotes Plus

I had the exact same experience with my first Aventus purchase and it was a very nice 2013 smoky batch. I absolutely love the stuff and was initially disappointed. They call it olfactory fatigue i think but give it some time. I have the exact batch you have its the 1st batch of 2017. It will evolve for you. At least mine did. I bought a 16 oz flacon of it lol

I truly hope so. Now I suffer because the smell in the room from only one jacket had a very big impact on me, I loved the scent, and now I search for it and doesn't occur.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_t1x View Post
    10 years back I was selling perfumes from a warehouse from Austria and I have seen a lots of perfumes, but I never had Creed Aventus. To know for sure that a perfume it's fake, a good fake, you gotta at least have seen an authentic one, otherwise almost anyone can be fooled.
    The Creed Aventus shocked me when a cousin came from UK an crushed over night in my room, and the next day the whole room, I mean ALL the room, was smelling like Creed Aventus perfume... and for the next 7-10 days. In that moment I sayd "That's it!"
    I decanted some 2012 last Saturday, and left for the weekend. I came back on Monday and my room smelled like I just sprayed it.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

I'll try next time the Green Irish Tweed, maybe he tricked me when he said he used Aventus and I have hopes from Aventus to smell with more wood and smoke scent. But I don't understand anymore, when the fake Aventus came, the box smelled exactly like the room he stayed in, and the authentic Creed doesn't have that wood and smoke scent. Maybe he had a 2013-2014 batch, but would they smell so much different?

Basenotes Member

What do you guys (and girls) think of this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m8aS09RWqs

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrange View Post
    The Soleil Blanc is definitely fake. The Tobacco Vanille is most probably one too. Test the juice against the original.