Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Creed Aventus TESTER - Fake or real?

Hi!
    I've ordered a Creed Aventus tester from ebay, it was in an auction and I've won it for 156 USD. The seller is from Italy and it was very kind to provide at my request many pictures and details about the source, he said that all are from a tester supplier. I've compared them with all the pictures I could find in forums... and I'm still in doubt.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Profumo-Cre...19.m1438.l2649

What do you think?

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

User of Toilet Water

Default Re: Creed Aventus TESTER - Fake or real?

The Creed testers I've seen (I only own one) don't come with caps.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

I can't speak to the cap issue, but it looks OK to me.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Interesting that the lot on the bottle and box do not match. I did purchase a fake Creed Original Vetiver on eBay some years ago and wrote about the experience here at BN. It's worth it to me to buy from a known seller but you should be able to get a refund if something is not right.

In a local perfumes store I seen that all testers have caps, but they don't have Creed perfumes, so I wouldn't know about this particular perfume. I've seen a genuine 2rd generation Creed Aventus, but it isn't a reference in this case.

Basenotes Plus

The inside sealed ring is suspect. Shady innards plus it's on eBay equal non genuine. This is solely my opinion.

I'm sure Creed testers have caps here in the UK. Can't speak for the authenticity of the bottle though.

I understand. Thanks you all!
    What is the easiest way to get a refund on eBay?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_t1x View Post
    I understand. Thanks you all!
    What is the easiest way to get a refund on eBay?
    Did you use PayPal to make the purchase?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I think so. I didn't pay from the paypal.com, I've payed thru eBay with a credit card attached to the PayPal account... I didn't pay in private by bank transfer or other options.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but that is as fake as press-on nails. There's a hundred things wrong with that.. the first photo is enough to confirm. No matter how many times I see it happen, it never fails to shock me when folks on here say these really badly counterfeited items look fine..

It's a shame more people don't start these threads before buying these counterfeit bottles. It's always so much easier when you haven't actually bought it. Open a case under the grounds that you've been sold a counterfeit item. Don't quit until you get your full money back.
    Last edited by MonsieurChanel; 16th December 2017 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieurChanel View Post
    Sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but that is as fake as press-on nails. There's a hundred things wrong with that.. the first photo is enough to confirm. No matter how many times I see it happen, it never fails to shock me when folks on here say these really badly counterfeited items look fine..

It's a shame more people don't start these threads before buying these counterfeit bottles. It's always so much easier when you haven't actually bought it. Open a case under the grounds that you've been sold a counterfeit item. Don't quit until you get your full money back.
    Yes, I'll open a case, but from what I heard and read, if I'll say that I bought a counterfeit perfume, the case handler will request me a proof from a perfumes experts. Is that for real?

Basenotes Plus

Can you tell it's fake because the shiny horse aventus thing doesn't reflect well?
    Would love to hear what you think is wrong with it. I can only compare with my personal bottle but thought the differences may be due to marketing in different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Then you are covered and should get your money refunded whether you open the case with Ebay or PayPal.

How many mistakes do you see in it? Besides a tester coming with a cap, the only reason I know it is fake is because of picture showing the stem below the sprayer and the bad paint job. The glass bottle, though, seems better than every other fake I've seen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post
    How many mistakes do you see in it? Besides a tester coming with a cap, the only reason I know it is fake is because of picture showing the stem below the sprayer and the bad paint job. The glass bottle, though, seems better than every other fake I've seen.
    Glass bottle does seem pretty good, but it's still not exactly right, IMO (don't want to say how - too much correction of counterfeit defects lately).
    There is no beauty
    That cannot be more abused
    To beauty's effect.

https://cologniac.com
    - raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: No. 19 by Chanel

I've made a return request on eBay, but I don't want to return it because it's counterfeit and it's illegal to sell or distribute, I want to dispose it myself into trash.
    eBay has given us a period of time to work things out, but I tried and the seller doesn't want to refund me.
    What do I have to do next?

Basenotes Junkie

I've made a return request on eBay, but I don't want to return it because it's counterfeit and it's illegal to sell or distribute, I want to dispose it myself into trash.
    eBay has given us a period of time to work things out, but I tried and the seller doesn't want to refund me.
    What do I have to do next?
    You should follow the instructions eBay gives you regarding the return/case.

But I'll also add that it is fake. That batch code from 2012 on the sticker doesn't match the 2014+ style atomizer on the bottle, the nozzle is too recessed on the atomizer, the cap is not right and again Creed testers do not come with caps. The last place I would buy a bottle of Aventus is eBay, there are tons of reputable sellers and splitters on here. Buy from them instead if you're like me and are not willing to pay retail.

I received the bottle, this is how it came.
    I've opened a return case, this is what I wrote, I hope it's good and I'll get my money back:
    "I ve bought a counterfeit perfume Creed Aventus TESTER from the seller clau_lanz on ebay, by winning an auction. I ve asked the seller to refund me because the perfume isn t genuine, originale 100% like he claimed, but till now I didn t received any refund, despite all the proofs that tells that his perfume is counterfeit. The proofs that I have are from friends that bought Creed Aventus perfume from local shop Creed Store , and the perfume smells odd and last for about 1 hour. I ve attached photos with the clau_lanz Creed Aventus TESTER counterfeit perfume, and photos with the actual genuine Creed Aventus TESTER perfume, from witch you can see that some main features like the batch codes of the perfume that don t match (bottle and box), and the nozzle of the bottle and the sprayer are totally different. I don t want to send the perfume back to him, it s illegal to sell or distribute counterfeit products, I prefer to dispose it myself into trash, to make sure that he won t sell the counterfeit perfume to another unlucky customer."

20180110_120555.jpg20180110_120653.jpg20180110_120719.jpg20180110_120824.jpg20180110_120850.jpg

More fool you for buying it when people already told you it was fake. Hope you get sorted and learn from your mistake.

You have to returned to get a refund, don't try to be a smart ... and keep it weather is fake or not.
    BN9 SOPFH - Amouage Ref Man - PDM Layton - Kristiansand NY - D&G Velvet Exotic Leather - L'Homme YSL - Dior Fahrenheit - Prada L'Homme
    Currently wearing: Manhattan by Bond No. 9

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    More fool you for buying it when people already told you it was fake. Hope you get sorted and learn from your mistake.
    The shipping was already made when I opened this thread. The first pictures was from the seller... do you think I'm that stupid!?

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    You have to returned to get a refund, don't try to be a smart ... and keep it weather is fake or not.
    I would like to return it, but I don't want to give the seller another chance to sell this crap, and the returning fees are a bit expensive, it will cost me about 50 euro because it will be a intenational send.

The shipping was already made when I opened this thread. The first pictures was from the seller... do you think I'm that stupid!?
    Far be it for me to state what you've already amply demonstrated. Toodle pip!

Shoddy and clearly poorly done MADE IN FRANCE PARIS text, shoddy Creed symbol on top of the cap, really wrong sprayer stem, paint has been poorly applied and isn't even smooth... definitely a fake - and a really obvious one
    Favourite fragrances:

The One EDP
    Pardon
    Guerlain L'Instant De Guerlain Eau Extreme
    Gentleman
    La Nuit De L'Homme
    Sauvage
    Bleu De Chanel
    Egoiste & Egoiste Concentree
    Pour Monsieur & Pour Monsieur Concentree
    Platinum Egoiste
    Antaeus
    Allure Homme Sport/Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme
    Allure Homme
    Allure Homme Edition Blanche
    Midnight in Paris
    Le Male
    Cool Water
    Club De Nuit Intense Man
    Aventus
    Virgin Island Water
    Grey Vetiver
    Versace Pour Homme
    Pure Malt/Havane

Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    Far be it for me to state what you've already amply demonstrated. Toodle pip!
    Smartass!

Basenotes Plus

So I guess I was right. Lol. Dude. EBay makes my stomach cramp up. The top of the bottle looks like it melted.

The smell seems genuine (I did smelled a genuine one), but it doesn't last more then 2-3 hours, perhaps they did from one genuine perfume 5 fake bottles .
    This is it for now, I'm waiting to see what eBay has to say.
    I've looked to fragrancedirect.co.uk for a genuine one (I hope) but they're out of stock... too bad.

these fake 12DB testers seem to originate from russia or something, lol. seem them about a lot.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed