Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default Received vintage splash aramis classic "cologne" today

Hi guys. I received a much anticipated 4 ounce splash bottle of aramis classic "Cologne" today that I ordered on ebay. I also have a vintage spray bottle, and a current spray bottle.

The vintage I received today, as I mentioned, is a splash, and is simply labeled, "Cologne". I'm amazed by how much darker the color of the juice I received today is from the current formulation (about twice as dark in color). Perhaps this is due to oakmoss?

The print on the bottom front of f the bottle says, ARAMIS, INC., New York, N.Y, made in U.S.A, --unlike the current version, which has a sticker on the bottom that also London, Paris and Milan on it. It is made in Switzerland.

The code on the vintage splash "Cologne" I received today is A20A on the bottom of the bottle (without a sticker). The box has a flap in front that closes toward the front bottom, unlike the current box, which closes at the top.

I checked the code on "perfume checker" and it says it was produced in 2010. Does anyone know if splash aramis was still produced in 2010? Or is it possible that it was produced before 2010? Does this seem like a legit bottle of juice?

BTW, I'm not sure I'm going to keep it (may return it), but my wife says she likes the way it smells. Thank you!

Default Re: Received vintage splash aramis classic "cologne" today

Can you post a photo? The packaging has changed in recent years.

Online code checkers are useless when it comes to vintage fragrances. Worse than useless, actually, because instead of admitting ignorance they'll give you any random date.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by saminlondon View Post

Online code checkers are useless when it comes to vintage fragrances. Worse than useless, actually, because instead of admitting ignorance they'll give you any random date.
    Agree 100%. Don't waste your time on any bottle more than a few years old.

To the OP. I have a similar bottle, with measurement 3.4 FL OZ. The back says Aramis Inc, Dist. New York NY, 10022. Made in USA.

Don't return it. It's magnificent juice.

Basenotes Junkie

That's what I suspected, as I imagine this juice was produced long before 2010--maybe the 80s or 90s.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    Agree 100%. Don't waste your time on any bottle more than a few years old.

To the OP. I have a similar bottle, with measurement 3.4 FL OZ. The back says Aramis Inc, Dist. New York NY, 10022. Made in USA.

Don't return it. It's magnificent juice.
    Thank you, Paul P. BTW, how do you apply your splash aramis? It's been literally decades since I've owned a splash bottle. When I did, I would put my finger to the bottle and dab the juice on my neck--about 4 dabs total. The thought of contaminating the juice using this method never occurred to me back then. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Would be happy to. Can I post a photo without a paid membership? Have never tried. Thank you.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by pippin06 View Post
    Thank you, Paul P. BTW, how do you apply your splash aramis? It's been literally decades since I've owned a splash bottle. When I did, I would put my finger to the bottle and dab the juice on my neck--about 4 dabs total. The thought of contaminating the juice using this method never occurred to me back then. Thank you!
    I have dozens and dozens of splash bottles, as I guess is inevitable when you have an interest in vintage perfumes. I always decant them into an atomizer. I never apply directly from the original bottle.

atomiser.jpgfunnels.jpg

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Paul P View Post
    I have dozens and dozens of splash bottles, as I guess is inevitable when you have an interest in vintage perfumes. I always decant them into an atomizer. I never apply directly from the original bottle.

atomiser.jpgfunnels.jpg
    Thank you, Paul P! I appreciate it. Will check out this site and order some atomizers. BTW, I love your beautiful city. Was there, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by pippin06 View Post
    Thank you, Paul P! I appreciate it. Will check out this site and order some atomizers. BTW, I love your beautiful city. Was there, and it was one of the best experiences of my life.
    Thanks pippin. All the best matey.

Did you end up enjoying this juice? Did you experiment to see the difference between this and the modern reformulation?