Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Member Feedback 3 (100%)

Default Get 5 free samples (Discovery Set) when you buy FB(s) at Tauer perfumes

Get 5 free samples (Discovery Set) when you buy one or more full bottles at Tauer perfumes...

http://tauerperfumes.com/terms

New Member Feedback 0

Default Re: Get 5 free samples (Discovery Set) when you buy FB(s) at Tauer perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by nazgul104 View Post
    Get 5 free samples (Discovery Set) when you buy one or more full bottles at Tauer perfumes...

http://tauerperfumes.com/terms
    Thank you!

New Member Feedback 1 (100%)

Default Re: Get 5 free samples (Discovery Set) when you buy FB(s) at Tauer perfumes

Doesn't seem to work. I tried the checkout process all the way to charging the card and it did not give me the discount on the discovery set

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by bobm View Post
    Doesn't seem to work. I tried the checkout process all the way to charging the card and it did not give me the discount on the discovery set
    Considering that the post with the link is almost two years old, not surprising that it doesn't work.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Maybe the Flash series isn't available for the promo because it's not working for me, even though the terms just state that all you need to do is add a FB with the discovery set and then the discount will be taken out of S&H.
    Currently wearing: Legend Night by Montblanc

New Member Feedback 1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Considering that the post with the link is almost two years old, not surprising that it doesn't work.
    Thanks for pointing out. I need to start looking at the date posted instead of just looking at the thread that pops to the top.

User of Toilet Water

Feedback 19 (100%) Bangkok Hound's Avatar

I just tried it and it still works for me.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Works for me.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe
    Currently wearing: XJ 1861 Naxos by Xerjoff

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hound View Post
    I just tried it and it still works for me.
    When you guys got it to work, when did you see the discount? I'm about to hit "Confirm Payment" after entering CC info but still do not see the discount.
    Currently wearing: Legend Night by Montblanc

Dependent
    Feedback 21 (100%)

I'm in the process of making a purchase and the free discovery set works for me. I just selected the five selections and added it to the cart.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaFrank75 View Post
    I'm in the process of making a purchase and the free discovery set works for me. I just selected the five selections and added it to the cart.
    What did you choose for your five?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent
    Feedback 21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    What did you choose for your five?
    I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I need to do a bit more research.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Dependent Feedback 28 (100%) deltasun's Avatar

Scent 1 of 51 x Au Coeur Du Désert sample $0.00
    Scent 2 of 51 x l'oudh, sample $0.00
    Scent 3 of 51 x No 07 VETIVER DANCE SAMPLE $0.00
    Scent 4 of 51 x No 05 INCENSE EXTRÊME SAMPLE $0.00
    Scent 5 of 51 x No 06 INCENSE ROSÉ SAMPLE $0.00
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain

Super Member Feedback 15 (100%)

We offer 5 samples for free with your purchase of one or several full bottles. The 5 samples come in a tin box, in glass spray vials, 1.5 ml each.
    How you get this deal: Put a full bottle into the chart, add a discovery set with your choice of 5 samples into the chart, got to check-out and get a discount on your order in the value of the set. The discount will be subtracted from handling and shipping fees.
    How we ship them: The complimentary discovery set ships from Switzerland, and might reach you separately from your full bottle order (USA) or together with your full bottle order (CH, FR, Austria).
    Limitations: This offer is is for full bottle orders with shipment to: USA, Switzerland, France and Austria

Basenotes Junkie Feedback 0 oudaddict's Avatar

It really bugs me that Andy is unable to ship to the UK. UK import regs are killing us.

It's nothing to do with import regulations. It's a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by tony_i View Post
    It's nothing to do with import regulations. It's a choice.
    I messaged Andy about this. It is a choice, correct, but there is so much red tape that it is a choice not worth making for him.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I messaged Andy about this. It is a choice, correct, but there is so much red tape that it is a choice not worth making for him.
    I'm sure a lot of us import perfume all the time with no trouble either at our end or the sender's. I certainly do.

My guess is that Tauer's reluctance has more to do with Les Senteurs' UK exclusivity.

I'm sure a lot of us import perfume all the time with no trouble either at our end or the sender's. I certainly do.

My guess is that Tauer's reluctance has more to do with Les Senteurs' UK exclusivity.
    You may be right, but all I know is that getting perfume in and out of this little island of ours is no simple task.

- - - Updated - - -

Andy Tauer is based in Switzerland which is not part of the EU or EEA. This complicates the matter of shipping even more.

This complicates the matter of shipping even more.
    The only relevant complication is the agreement not to undercut Les Sentries.

They would not be undercutting them, if we look at LDDM, it is €89 on Tauer's website, Les Senteurs sell it for £99, buy the time you add import tax and shipping costs, it will be more expensive or at least a similar price.

They would not be undercutting them, if we look at LDDM, it is €89 on Tauer's website, Les Senteurs sell it for £99, buy the time you add import tax and shipping costs, it will be more expensive or at least a similar price.
    I've never paid duty on a perfume, and if he was sending me a sample pack I'd buy direct from Tauer. In fact I'm visiting the US in August and doing exactly that (bottle of Au Coeur to compliment my LDDM) .

You may be right, but all I know is that getting perfume in and out of this little island of ours is no simple task.
    Getting perfume into the UK is not an issue at all. Getting it out is the issue which is odd as both into and out of use the same shipping equipment, carriers, etc.

Andy Tauer is based in Switzerland which is not part of the EU or EEA. This complicates the matter of shipping even more.
    I've never paid duty on a perfume, and if he was sending me a sample pack I'd buy direct from Tauer. In fact I'm visiting the US in August and doing exactly that (bottle of Au Coeur to compliment my LDDM) .
    Switzerland is part of the (EU's) single market, so duty would not be due when buying from there and shipping to another EU country. I've had samples arrive from Tauer (direct) and they have never been caught up in customs.

I've been stung with VAT or duty charges when buying from the US however. Plenty of times.

The thought had occurred to me, but Les Senteurs are the exclusive UK retailer for Andy Tauer, so they are not technically undercutting him. Premier Avenue would be an alternative place to buy as they have free shipping to the UK, but I wouldn't buy there now. Their price of €119 for the 50ml LADDM comes at around £105 in today's exchange rate. With today's £ vs € volatility I wouldn't bother for the sake of £5-6. You do get some samples from them though.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like Andy Tauer can no longer ship perfume samples out of Switzerland...

From his blog: https://tauerperfumes.com/blog/2019/...ents-possible/
    Currently wearing: Original Vetiver by Creed

[/QUOTE]
    COLOR="silver"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

Looks like Andy Tauer can no longer ship perfume samples out of Switzerland...

From his blog: https://tauerperfumes.com/blog/2019/...ents-possible/[/QUOTE
    ]

What an utter travesty!

He recently updated his website explaining the complications surrounding shipping to each country:

https://tauerperfumes.com/blog/2019/...bout-shipping/

Dependent Feedback 28 (100%) deltasun's Avatar

He recently updated his website explaining the complications surrounding shipping to each country:

https://tauerperfumes.com/blog/2019/...bout-shipping/
    Thanks for the update. I was ordering an FB and picked my 5 sample pack. Once I added it, the option to ship to the US disappeared. Took me a while to figure out what's happening.
    Currently wearing: Lui by Guerlain