Code of Conduct
Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2298
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    A lot of partial vintage bottles:

Chaumet Pour Homme
    Love this one.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Which Fragrance Are You Currently Waiting To Be Delivered In The Mail?

Quote Originally Posted by SubUmbra View Post
    Would be curious to know your thoughts on January Scent Project - I love Biebel’s work, but it can be split among crowds.
    I’ll let you know. Might be a bit, I’ve got lots of new stuff to try!
    Currently wearing: Baie de Genièvre by Creed

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Love this one.
    I just hope the juice is still good! It looks like an estate sale type of auction, so who knows? We'll find out this evening. I've never smelled Chaumet Pour Homme, but the reviews look good.

I had Cuiron when it first came out, so I'll know in a hurry if it's off or still good.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Freed from BN Institution

Quote Originally Posted by My two scents View Post
    They are so similar that if I didn't want the Creed in my collection so bad I would be satisfied just sampling it and wear Kouros at $160 savings. But it is so nice. I need to acquire a vintage bottle of Kouros.
    I found Orange Spice wearable while vintage Kouros unwearable. Kouros is so dense and long lasting, a bit too much for me.
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35
    Currently wearing: Woto by Deviline

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by PStoller View Post
    Still waiting on TF Tobacco Oud, Caron Yatagan, vintage Aramis, vintage Lanvin Rumeur Parfum … Rania J sample set (Oud Assam, T. Habanero, Ambre Loup, Cuir Andalou, Lavande 44, Rose Ishtar, Jasmine Kâma).
    TFTO & Aramis are in. Now awaiting Fendi Uomo, Eau Sauvage EDT (vintage), Azzaro PH (vintage).

Ambre Redoutable
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

TFTO & Aramis are in. Now awaiting Fendi Uomo, Eau Sauvage EDT (vintage), Azzaro PH (vintage).
    Do share your thoughts on Tobacco Oud - one of my favorites.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Prince View Post
    Do share your thoughts on Tobacco Oud - one of my favorites.
    I have to give it a few proper wearings, but my initial impressions are that I love the aggressive, smokey, almost petrol-like accord off the top, though I can see how some people would find it hard to wear, or feel the scent wears them. I’d be wary of adopting it as a signature because it’s so readily identifiable. I enjoy smelling like this, but I think not all the time.

TO has some of the linearity noted by TF critics, but it mellows over time, growing tamer and sweeter without getting cloying. I find the linearity a plus, as I don’t want to lose the notes that drew me in. It’s a longevity and sillage monster, so I’d recommend a light hand on the sprayer. I said elsewhere that this could be a mistake as a dinner fragrance, esp. if oversprayed, because the scent could clash with food.

My main concern with getting a full bottle is that I’ll develop TO fatigue. But, it’s not often that I feel compelled to buy a FB on the basis of an in-store test spray. An hour into that first drydown, I knew I’d be buying this. It just resonates with me. Fortunately, my wife loves it as well. Everyone else can just deal with it.

I have to give it a few proper wearings, but my initial impressions are that I love the aggressive, smokey, almost petrol-like accord off the top, though I can see how some people would find it hard to wear, or feel the scent wears them. I’d be wary of adopting it as a signature because it’s so readily identifiable. I enjoy smelling like this, but I think not all the time.

TO has some of the linearity noted by TF critics, but it mellows over time, growing tamer and sweeter without getting cloying. I find the linearity a plus, as I don’t want to lose the notes that drew me in. It’s a longevity and sillage monster, so I’d recommend a light hand on the sprayer. I said elsewhere that this could be a mistake as a dinner fragrance, esp. if oversprayed, because the scent could clash with food.

My main concern with getting a full bottle is that I’ll develop TO fatigue. But, it’s not often that I feel compelled to buy a FB on the basis of an in-store test spray. An hour into that first drydown, I knew I’d be buying this. It just resonates with me. Fortunately, my wife loves it as well. Everyone else can just deal with it.
    Thank you - I share similar thoughts as well. The first three or so times I had ever tried it on paper, I was very off-put by it. But I've come to love the aggressive, distinctive smell. To me, it gets better and better as it dries down.

Basenotes Plus

…vintage Lanvin Rumeur Parfum…
    …has arrived. Took a quick sniff to see if it seemed like the real deal: has a definite "OMG" factor. I'll let Mrs. S. be the final judge.

EDIT: Mrs. S. says, "OMG!" We have a winner.

Mrs. S. says, "OMG!" We have a winner.
    Congrats to you.

Dependent

Scent of Peace For Him and a number of MFK samples.

Guys, I think I have a problem. I need help

I just bought another bottle of 10K01 Royal Oud

I literally just added a bottle of this to my collection (after searching for months) and was so psyched to do so, then a week later (three days ago) while bored searching ebay, I found a seller who had a new, never sprayed, bottle that had been purchased in 2011 and kept in a wine/fragrance cellar in its box since. Seller had 200+ feedback, all from Creed fragrances, no negative, ebay member for >10 years, and was friendly, open and helpful. Told me that he has been collecting Creed frags for ~twenty years.

SO. The opening bid was $15 less than I paid for the other bottle (which was 95% full), and over $100 less than the "buy it now" price. So I figured, what the hell I won't win it anyways, I'll put in a minimum bid. You know how this story ends. Nobody else bid!!?

REALLY need to hit 500 posts here so I can sell off my "modern" R.O. (have 16L and 17W also) also need to quit "bored searching" ebay...
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

…has arrived. Took a quick sniff to see if it seemed like the real deal: has a definite "OMG" factor. I'll let Mrs. S. be the final judge.

EDIT: Mrs. S. says, "OMG!" We have a winner.
    Congrats, that's very good news
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Guys, I think I have a problem. I need help

I just bought another bottle of 10K01 Royal Oud

I literally just added a bottle of this to my collection (after searching for months) and was so psyched to do so, then a week later (three days ago) while bored searching ebay, I found a seller who had a new, never sprayed, bottle that had been purchased in 2011 and kept in a wine/fragrance cellar in its box since. Seller had 200+ feedback, all from Creed fragrances, no negative, ebay member for >10 years, and was friendly, open and helpful. Told me that he has been collecting Creed frags for ~twenty years.

SO. The opening bid was $15 less than I paid for the other bottle (which was 95% full), and over $100 less than the "buy it now" price. So I figured, what the hell I won't win it anyways, I'll put in a minimum bid. You know how this story ends. Nobody else bid!!?

REALLY need to hit 500 posts here so I can sell off my "modern" R.O. (have 16L and 17W also) also need to quit "bored searching" ebay...
    Instead of reaching 500 posts, you can also subscribe to Basenotes Plus, that would be another way to being able to sell fragrances here.

Congrats on your 2010 Royal Oud bottle.

So I figured, what the hell I won't win it anyways, I'll put in a minimum bid. You know how this story ends. Nobody else bid!!?
    Way to go!

Basenotes Plus

Would be curious to know your thoughts on January Scent Project - I love Biebel’s work, but it can be split among crowds.
    OK, have started my JSP "tastings" with Selperniku. Alas, I'm not a fan of apricot either to eat or smell, and the apricot note never quite lets go, though there's a fair amount of progression during the stages of dry-down. I like it more as it wears on and warms up, but most of the other notes have not emerged as much as I'd hoped—at least, not as identifiable individual flavors so much as a mildly sweet mélange, albeit not one that calls any other fragrance to mind. I admire it, but while it's resolutely inoffensive, it's not something I'd choose to wear beyond the testing process.

I'm hoping to find something less polite as I work my way through the rest of the samples.

Basenotes Plus

Still awaiting Yatagan, Rania J samples, Fendi Uomo, Eau Sauvage EDT (vintage), Azzaro PH (vintage). Add to this a couple more vintages for me: Chanel for Men and Monsieur Lanvin—and a couple of vintages for my wife: a half-mini of Lanvin Pretexte extrait, and a mess o' Lanvin Rumeur (original) EDT.

Tom Ford Cafe Rose, a gift for my girlfriend, should be arriving some time this week.

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    Congrats on your 2010 Royal Oud bottle.
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Way to go!
    Thanks guys

I am psyched to have a backup bottle of this amazing juice

Dependent

Thanks guys

I am psyched to have a backup bottle of this amazing juice
    Love Royal Oud, I think I'll spray some on myself now.

For me I'm currently waiting on
    Santos de Cartier vintage 100ml in the brown glass bottle with gray top pretty damn pricey
    Pasha de Cartier 100ml
    Aramis Havana 100ml
    Paco Rabanne pour homme vintage 2nd edtion 60ml bottle with the raised logo glass ..

Got a 100ml of the 2017 coming now as well.

Currently wearing: Cuirs by Carner Barcelona

Basenotes Plus

Sample # 2: Vaporocindro. Much more my style than Selperniku. So far, this is a slow walk in the woods on a summer day. I wasn't nuts about the apple note, but it faded quickly. I'm still amongst the leaves and lilac, looking forward to more wood and spice. I'm sensing FB potential.

EDIT: The expected development never quite happened—I just walked slowly away from the woods. This suited me OK, but the Mrs. wasn't terribly impressed when she came home. I will try it again on a day we spend together so she can experience the earlier stages.

Oh, and my Rania J samples arrived: now waiting for 1.5 oz of Lanvin Eau My Sin.
    Last edited by PStoller; 20th August 2019 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarphil View Post
    Love Royal Oud, I think I'll spray some on myself now.
    If you can find some, get your nose on a 10K01 batch (pre production). Its absolutely divine.

Basenotes Plus

JSP #3: Dinudisit (Sea Flowers). Notes: Bergamot, rue, narcissus, jasmine, caramel, celery seed, ocean accord, oakmoss, amber, beeswax, patchouli, vetiver.

Started out with a surprising, gossamer smokiness over the other notes that I liked very much. It's been a busy day, so I haven't paid as much attention to the dry down as I'd have liked, but I've gotten wafts of pretty much everything promised in the pyramid. I'd have toned down the jasmine in favor of more ocean accord, but this remains a fascinating fragrance. Not sure it warrants a full bottle, but I'm certainly going to come back to the sample.

Back on topic—coming today: Yatagan, Fendi Uomo.

Coming later: Eau Sauvage EDT (vintage), Azzaro PH (vintage), Chanel for Men, Monsieur Lanvin, Lanvin Pretexte extrait, Lanvin Rumeur (original) EDT, Lanvin My Sin extrait.

Got my finger on the trigger for a few more, but a man's gotta pace himself—right?

Basenotes Plus

Arrived today: Azzaro PH (vintage), Monsieur Lanvin, Lanvin Pretexte extrait

To be delivered: Eau Sauvage EDT (vintage), Chanel for Men, Lanvin Rumeur (original) EDT, Lanvin My Sin extrait, Encre Noir, Hommage a l'Homme, Lalique Equus, Bentley for Men Intense.

JSP #4: Eiderantler. Still in the early stages, but I'm really liking this "ivy fougère" thing, which stakes out the middle ground between a flower garden and a coniferous forest.

Aramis Calligraphy Rose
    My precious!

Perfume-Calligraphy-Rose-by-Aramis-34fl-100ml.jpg
    Currently wearing: Jaïpur Homme by Boucheron

Christian Dior Dior Homme Eau 150ml
    Ralph Lauren Polo 120ml
    Fragrance is my favorite thing. So much so that if I leave the house and I don't put any on, I'll turn around and go back home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    Awesome pick up's. Which Eau Sauvage - 2012 or 2017?
    Thanks!

It's ESP 2017. I tried it in store, and liked it a lot. The original with more body, exactly what I wanted. The 2012 is great too, but the myrrh note makes this one a nearly "different" fragrance, more than a flanker.

Page 74 of 77 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast