Code of Conduct

Default Bic Hybrid Advance 3-Blade - Too Sharp For Me.

I bought a packet of the three blade Bic Hybrid Advance with the spare cartridges six or seven years ago,

I tried the razor several times back then, but kept getting tiny bleeding nicks. So I put the razor away till I found it again a month back.

I took the challenge of shaving every other day with it for three weeks.

Yes, it gave an incredibly close shave - but always with three, four or five small bleeding nicks scattered across my throat and face.

On the last day I used it I got another five nicks, and decided that continual usage wasn't making the blades any less sharp and easier to use. No other cardtridge razor has had this continuous nick-effect on me. For me it was the equivalent of Astra SP DE blades, which I also dislike.

Conclusion - a great razor for someone who can handle it, but it's not for me.

Has anybody else tried it? What was your assessment?
    Is the "Comfort" version of this razor less sharp than the "Advanced" version?
    Regards,
    Renato
    Last edited by Renato; 8th January 2018 at 04:51 AM.

Default Re: Bic Hybrid Advance 3-Blade - Too Sharp For Me.

Thanks for the recommendation, have not tried it yet, although have had good (possibly better than the ones described in this thread) with other similarly priced and similar feature 3 blade razors by Bic-therefore unlikely to experiment with this one and have any opinions about this one to soon, since all personal shaving requirements are are largely met by a Gillette Proglide Flexball, alternated by a Wilkinson Quattro, a Mach 3 Sensitive, plus a Braun electric, a Supermax Kwik 1 DE and a Mühle R89 DE as further fallback/completing options.

Also based on this description, might however consider this as an additional body hair removal option, while agreeing that the best 3 blade disposable razor shaves gotten from Bic where arguably the ones with its Comfort version/counterpart-still not as good as both with quality multi-blade systems as well as even with quality DE or electric, but still among the better ones with Bic products.
    Last edited by Ken_Russell; 9th January 2018 at 04:04 PM.
    Currently wearing: Bogart by Jacques Bogart

Default Re: Bic Hybrid Advance 3-Blade - Too Sharp For Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation, have not tried it yet, although have had good (possibly better than the ones described in this thread) with other similarly priced and similar feature 3 blade razors by Bic-therefore unlikely to experiment with this one and have any opinions about this one to soon, since all personal shaving requirements are are largely met by a Gillette Proglide Flexball, alternated by a Wilkinson Quattro, a Mach 3 Sensitive, plus a Braun electric, a Supermax Kwik 1 DE and a Mühle R89 DE as further fallback/completing options.

Also based on this description, might however consider this as an additional body hair removal option, while agreeing that the best 3 blade disposable razor shaves gotten from Bic where arguably the ones with its Comfort version/counterpart-still not as good as both with quality multi-blade systems as well as even with quality DE or electric, but still among the better ones with Bic products.
    Thanks, though if my post is in any sense a recommendation, it is for those who have pretty tough skin and want a close shave.

I had much better results nick-wise with Bic Flex 3 than with Bic Hybrid Advance.

For body hair removal, I've now used the Gillette body grooming razor for a while (which I posted a separate thread about it on this forum), and I think it the best. Though it is useless on one's face.
    Regards,
    Renato