Code of Conduct

Default Burberry London vs Remy Latour Cigar Commander...

These are two of my favorites side by side.

I first had RLCC; liked it, thinking it resembled a greener woodier version of JPG Le Male (say for example, JPGLM mixed with Lempicka Au Masc Parfum, and maybe a little bit of Joop Homme too in the mix upon a deeper sniff). That's what I get.

Now back to the two main subjects of the discussion RLCC / BL..

Totally different notes though; in this case, key notes of star anise and cardamom which give RLCC a green virtue that BL doesn't have. Although upon first sniff of BL, I said "Mmm, found a 'true' version of RLCC". Ironically, at the same time in latter mentioned on sidenote, BL to me smells none like JPGLM..odd but common in many fume note comparisons where one tries to find the best version of whatever scent they are searching for.

Sorry if I've lost anyone but basically, I'm looking for a parfum version of RLCC. Any recommendations? Any are appreciated, many thanks!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Burberry London vs Remy Latour Cigar Commander...

Trying to understand - Do you currently have Burberry London?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Yes I do.

Just comparing/contrasting between the two. Where BL is indeed nice and pretty close to CC, I feel CC has that camphorous edge as where BL is on the grassier green side (on my skin, latest formulation I'm sure)

Furthermore...

Trying to find one like CC in a parfum or higher quality EDT. Even if it's a decent cheapo from say the house of Bogart, Lapidus, or preferably one of the Italian frag houses with uncompromised quality I've come to know.

From what I've read most recently, Bogart Arabian Nights might be a candidate. As someone mentioned on fragrantica, it smells of 'sweet betel' the spice mix Indians chew after a meal to freshen breath. I get a bit of that in CC's drydown, but it comes across as a sharp camphorous evergreen-ish accord from a distance.

Thanks for chiming in Hednic!
    Last edited by Cali Tostado; 13th January 2018 at 12:15 AM.

Would have no problem recommending but also to enjoy routinely wearing both Burberry London and some if its Bogart counterparts (particularly pour Homme) as inexpensive tobacco options.

Having no experience with Cigar Commander (other than Cigar and a few more popular Cigar flankers by Remy Latour), Burberry London, Bogart pour Homme, along with other Bogart fragrances with a certain tobacco hint and also the regular Cigar would be among the best value for money option within this note and this price category.