Code of Conduct

Default Creating accords and formulas

Was wondering what people might think would be the best book for learning how to create accords and formulas out of Perfumery Principles and Practice by Calkin and Jellinek, Louis Appell’s Cosmetics, Fragrances and Flavors, and Introduction to Perfumery by Tony Curtis? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Creating accords and formulas

I bought that book, so far it's excellent. you can download a pdf for $28. seach the forum for the name of the author. it was
    Currently wearing: Britannia by Roja Dove

Thanks for the reply Joev. So Perfumery, Principles and Practice teaches a lot about creating an actual perfume?

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    I bought that book, so far it's excellent. you can download a pdf for $28. seach the forum for the name of the author. it was
    excuse me Joev: where did you find it at that price? I found it at 55 dollars!
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

I can find the post but someone recommended it to me and sent the the link to the pdf book. It’s not an ereader it’s just a clean copy of the book.

Уou can download free and without registration: http://booksee.org/book/514790
    I use google translator!

seems that this website booksee.org is a malicious website. Or at least My antivirus says that
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

Quote Originally Posted by joev View Post
    I can find the post but someone recommended it to me and sent the the link to the pdf book. It’s not an ereader it’s just a clean copy of the book.
    I had recommended it to you
    The book is here: https://kisslibrary.com/

My antivirus has no suspicions on this PDF file, otherwise I wouldn't publish it. The book is very useful for beginners. Benefits for those who do not speak English that you can copy the text and paste into a translator. I downloaded it and reading now. 100% guarantee no one can give what he's got in the computer there is no virus... Sorry if I caused inconvenience.
    I use google translator!

Quote Originally Posted by Sober View Post
    seems that this website booksee.org is a malicious website. Or at least My antivirus says that
    I also downloaded this PDF copy without any problems, my antivirus did not react at all. andrinal thank you very much for this file, now I can finally translate it with Google and read this wonderful book. ))

Quote Originally Posted by ddorris View Post
    Was wondering what people might think would be the best book for learning how to create accords and formulas out of Perfumery Principles and Practice by Calkin and Jellinek, Louis Appell’s Cosmetics, Fragrances and Flavors, and Introduction to Perfumery by Tony Curtis? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    i'm not sure if you need to read books to learn how to create accords, as this is much more due to your own curiosity, and perception. but please don't stop reading books books will guide you with formulas. Louis appell is a great resource!
    creating an accord simply means to find a balance between two or more components. mix two ingredients 1:1 and adjust the ratio to your likings until you reach your own level of balance. some ingredients will balance, others wont. thats part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sober View Post
    downloaded it too, without any alerts. THX!

I got alerts. in general, i stay away from sites that don't pay the author. Although in my youth, napster was a friend of mine.

YES, $30 bucks, about the cost of two 1 ounce ACs.