Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Thierry Mugler - Alien Flora Futura For Women!

Mugler launches the new Alien version in Eau de Toilette called Alien Flora Futura, coming out at the end of January 2018.

The new edition is announced as a ray of light and optimism that releases the world from darkness.

An “imaginary divine flowers blossom in the hearts of the desert to reveal a new Alien Eau de Toilete” and its floral-woody composition.

The top notes, named “crackling revelation” feature hand of Buddha accord - little tree that gives fresh, crispy and sparkling notes.

“Flower Revelation” is in the heart where Queen of the night replaces jasmine as a unique flower that blossoms out of a cactus at night.

The base presents “Creamy Revelation” with white amber and sandalwood.

Alien Flora Futura is available as a 30 and 60 ml Eau de Toilette.

Alien Flora Futura was launched in 2018.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Default Re: NEW: Thierry Mugler - Alien Flora Futura For Women!

l love the original Alien & l've tried quite a few of the flankers, but l must admit to feeling a bit of "flanker fatigue" with this one. However, l do like the sound of the notes, despite the faintly ridiculous marketing blurb. l will try this if l see it.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

The notes do sound appealing and the bottle is pretty. Looking forward to giving it a sniff, but I doubt the US and Canada will get it before late summer if the Aura launch is anything to go by.

It's out in the UK (Debenhams) already. I've got it on the back of my hand right now. It's better than the last couple of seasonal releases in my opinion - it's smoother, creamier, and there's less citrus. It's very much like Alien Eau Extraordinaire but with more heft and a more amber heart. Or a mixture of Eau Extraordinaire and Eau Luminescente / Sunessence Saphir Soleil.

Thank you for the report Nastka!

Blog Entries

Thanks Nastka, that sounds good!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

It sounds intriguing. I have original Alien and one flanker. I might give this a try one day.

Basenotes Plus

Blog Entries

Love the overblown marketing. Great name, too. Très Mugler! Will try to sniff this.
    There is no beauty / That cannot be more abused / To beauty's effect.
    / blog:// https://cologniac.com / raging for the machines
    Currently wearing: Wanted by Azzaro

Basenotes Plus

Last year I bought a Hand of Buddha, only because it was so rare to find it at my supermarket. Interesting citrus flavor, creamier and less biting than most.

Here's what it looked like:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    Last year I bought a Hand of Buddha, only because it was so rare to find it at my supermarket. Interesting citrus flavor, creamier and less biting than most.

Here's what it looked like:

Buddha hands are sooo cool. And they smell and behave pretty much like citron IMO. I used to use them to infuse vodka in a big jar with a spout, which looked both chic and sorta like something out of Blade Runner. And it tasted phenomenal, because I could use the vodka of my choice.

Back on topic--I'm kind of a sucker for pink and girly stuff, so I'm already sold. I was thinking about picking up some Eau Extraordinaire for summer, but this might do the trick instead. Cazaubon, you're absolutely right about Mugler taking their sweet time with their North American releases, although (fingers crossed) this is a flanker instead of a major pillar rollout, and maybe it won't need the same amount of fanfare . . . .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    It's very much like Alien Eau Extraordinaire but with more heft and a more amber heart. Or a mixture of Eau Extraordinaire and Eau Luminescente / Sunessence Saphir Soleil.
    l tried this on card today in John Lewis, & l agree with Nastka's assessment. One of the better summer flankers, IMO.

I just tried a 2ml sample of this and I actually quite like it. I like it more than the other Alien variation Eau Extraordinaire, which smells more green than the other two. Nothing beats the original Alien but the performance is great for a toilette. If Alien was too "mature" and "dark, deep, brooding" for you, then Alien Flora Futura is perfect for younger girls. I do enjoy it and might get a 30ml or 10ml if available. As a major fan of the original Alien, I can see why people might think that this one is nothing special.