Code of Conduct

Default Please help me find a cologne from the 90s!! Cannot remember name =/

Hello - i am searching high and low for a cologne i had in the 90s. it must have been somewhere between 93-96. It was titled something like "?" (literally a question mark) or "Mystery" - or something inferring as much. Dark bottle. I have searched the lists here and googled. It was fairly obscure I believe, i got it at a fragrance shop in the suburbs of las vegas - but not obscure enough to not show up there! But definitely not in the Joop! Eternity type popularity for sure. Please help - I will be most grateful!

Default Re: Please help me find a cologne from the 90s!! Cannot remember name =/

"I drank what?" -Socrates

Default Re: Please help me find a cologne from the 90s!! Cannot remember name =/

Unfortunately not that one - thank you for your reply though. Was not a major name of the time i don't believe.

Question Mark ? by Coty

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ladida View Post
    Question Mark ? by Coty
    That's from the 1950s. It was re-released in the 70's with another name, Accomplice.
    Currently wearing: Patchouli by Réminiscence

Dependent

Moschino Uomo ?
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    Moschino Uomo ?
    Came here to say this.

uomo-moshino-edt-men-3.4oz..jpg
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

^ I thought of that, but it doesn't fit the "dark bottle" part.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."
    Currently wearing: Blend 7 by Avon

Basenotes Plus

Man, I've searched for over 30 minutes and got nothing.
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed

Okay I think i maaaaay have found it. And my description of course was off, like any good eyewitness. I think it is the original (now vintage) Lagerfeld Photo. Going to order it and see. Only $60. Anybody remember that one, and do you like? Am so curious - can't wait for it to arrive.

That's probably the one. If not, you'll like it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by zilla82 View Post
    Okay I think i maaaaay have found it. And my description of course was off, like any good eyewitness. I think it is the original (now vintage) Lagerfeld Photo. Going to order it and see. Only $60. Anybody remember that one, and do you like? Am so curious - can't wait for it to arrive.
    So, what fragrance did it turn out to be? I must be overlooking the name.

i think it may be this - Lagerfeld Photo. just ordered and will see. but this is scratching a deep 20 year old itch just by the photo. and it is vintage only now, all reviews say the new blend doesn't smell like this at all. remember this?Lagerfeld.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tspencer View Post
    So, what fragrance did it turn out to be? I must be overlooking the name.
    Actually do you remember the little fragrance outlet store that was adjacent to the Meadows Mall back in the day? It was in the back of a parking lot kind of by JC Penny closer to Decatur, not in the mall. Another lifetime. but that's where i got it! thought you would appreciate that since you are in vegas too.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by zilla82 View Post
    Glad you came up with it. Price is very reasonable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

Dude, this is one my all time favorites. Been wearing it for over 20 years. Was my signature in highschool matter of fact. I was looking for question marks and you were referring to my signature scent. Dude this stuff is awesome. The older version is the one you showed. I have both old and new and the perform about the same scent wise for me. Great price too. Timeless scent IMO. Congrats
    Currently wearing: Viking by Creed