Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Best Vintage Fragrances UNDER $100

Quote Originally Posted by AceyMan View Post
    Be sure you're looking at the Club flanker (gray box/black fluted bottle).

The original Ho Hang commands higher spend, at least at this time in history (I've never sniffed the original, btw).
    UPDATE! I have picked up Ho Hang Club and and Balenciaga PH. I have found original Ho Hang does stay under $150 with a bit of patience, so it's still within higher-end designer reaches for now, and hasn't hit niche house prices yet. Still doable at some point
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by epapsiou View Post
    This does not work for me. There is one note that I dislike. I think it is in quorum too , especially the current version.
    I actually love Quorum too.

There is a kind of weird note in the beginning krizia Uomo. I thought it was mint but it's not listed. It hangs around for the first 20 mins. or so and then i think it developes pretty good. Honestly, this reminds me of a softer Gianfranco Ferre For Man.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Moods,heritage, O p.h.lancome.
    che1928

Quote Originally Posted by che1928 View Post
    Moods,heritage, O p.h.lancome.
    Thanks! I would like to try O PH Lancome but the prices are up and it doesn't seem easy to find.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I had bought on ebay ,italy ,50 ml for 45 euro 2 mounths ago.
    Bye.
    che1928

Blog Entries

che1928

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Many great suggestions, I'd add two -

Bogart Furyo
    Givenchy Insense

Do apply your patience to wait for deals.
    a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

Bogart Furyo
    Givenchy Insense

Thanks!

Those are two that I am definitely looking for.....with patience .

Victor Wall Street is one worth checking out.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Dandydude View Post
    Victor Wall Street is one worth checking out.
    Yessssss

Great input. How could I forget this one???
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Rochas Globe
    Paco Rabanne Ténéré
    oh look, I have a signature

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot Crusader View Post
    Rochas Globe
    Paco Rabanne Ténéré
    Rochas Globe sounds interesting. Actually, I almost purchased a bottle last year. I do own PR Tenere but great suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Diddy View Post
    Yessssss

Great input. How could I forget this one???
    Sounds interesting.....

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Sounds interesting.....

Leather and pine are what gets stated a lot by folks. But that's the low hanging fruit. Well blended oakmoss is there, and the late drydown reveals a soft amber accord. In its entirety, it comes at you softly for an 80's fragrance. Even those who typically dislike vintage fragrances (or defective, as I like to think of them) are at minimum OK with it. The worst opinion I've gotten on it was that it was "OK". You can find minis and small bottles of this that make it very affordable to try. I think I paid $8usd for a mini with free shipping, when I first gave it a shot. It's not really on anyone's radar. If you turn out to not like it, we can always find a good home for it somewhere.

Basenotes Plus

I almost forgot... If you like Orientals, Jacques Fath Pour L'Homme is a great one. It does have tonka in it, which some will mistake as vanilla. But nope. It's the tonka. And thankfully they chose tonka as opposed to vanilla. It keeps the fragrance from becoming too sweet and cloying. It is radiant and warm, with some spice. It has an excellent amber accord in it and is just a wonderful scent in general. Blooms off the skin and has great longevity. Smells like something Histories de Parfum would create. Of course, I'm referring to the original release of it. I'd recommend staying away from the current formulation, as it takes on a cheap annoying overtone. I picked up a bottle of the good stuff for under $40usd. (Keep in mind that I'm praising it, and typically avoid anything that leans powdery or with a vanilla-like feel. FWIW). The hint to finding a "vintage" bottle is: avoid one like the picture in the BN directory and look for one with the fake screws printed on the label, as in the below pic.

Edit: I forgot to mention the nice patchouli that comes more forward in the late drydown.

Leather and pine are what gets stated a lot by folks. But that's the low hanging fruit. Well blended oakmoss is there, and the late drydown reveals a soft amber accord. In its entirety, it comes at you softly for an 80's fragrance. Even those who typically dislike vintage fragrances (or defective, as I like to think of them) are at minimum OK with it. The worst opinion I've gotten on it was that it was "OK". You can find minis and small bottles of this that make it very affordable to try. I think I paid $8usd for a mini with free shipping, when I first gave it a shot. It's not really on anyone's radar. If you turn out to not like it, we can always find a good home for it somewhere.
    I made an offer on a 50ml EDT splash and it was accepted. Its a blind buy.....as long as the rose isn't dominant I should be OK .

I almost forgot... If you like Orientals, Jacques Fath Pour L'Homme is a great one. It does have tonka in it, which some will mistake as vanilla. But nope. It's the tonka. And thankfully they chose tonka as opposed to vanilla. It keeps the fragrance from becoming too sweet and cloying. It is radiant and warm, with some spice. It has an excellent amber accord in it and is just a wonderful scent in general. Blooms off the skin and has great longevity. Smells like something Histories de Parfum would create. Of course, I'm referring to the original release of it. I'd recommend staying away from the current formulation, as it takes on a cheap annoying overtone. I picked up a bottle of the good stuff for under $40usd. (Keep in mind that I'm praising it, and typically avoid anything that leans powdery or with a vanilla-like feel. FWIW). The hint to finding a "vintage" bottle is: avoid one like the picture in the BN directory and look for one with the fake screws printed on the label, as in the below pic.

Edit: I forgot to mention the nice patchouli that comes more forward in the late drydown.
    Oh....I can tell the difference. Strong vanilla is another note that doesn't sit well with me. I had to sell off my vintage Caron Pour Un Homme because the vanilla made me nauseous. I know it's the vanilla because the Caoutchouc rubber watch straps make me feel nauseous too .

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by allkindsofwatches1 View Post
    Oh....I can tell the difference. Strong vanilla is another note that doesn't sit well with me. I had to sell off my vintage Caron Pour Un Homme because the vanilla made me nauseous. I know it's the vanilla because the Caoutchouc rubber watch straps make me feel nauseous too .

Yea, vanilla is a tricky note with me. Most often times it's so overwhelming that I feel like I've been throat punched by one oompa loompa while another is emptying a bag of confectioners sugar on my face in a room filled with cheap lit vanilla candles that are sitting in bowls of vanilla potpourri. But when tempered just right, it's stunning and I love it. Part of the reason for this love-hate relationship (I think) is because of a very kind and loving person I knew that oversprayed a women's marketed fragrance named Exclamation. Any more than one spray of that scent can stop time itself.

FWIW, I'm not a big tonka person either. But, again, when done right, and thoughtfully controlled, can create a very special moment.

Yea, vanilla is a tricky note with me. Most often times it's so overwhelming that I feel like I've been throat punched by one oompa loompa while another is emptying a bag of confectioners sugar on my face in a room filled with cheap lit vanilla candles that are sitting in bowls of vanilla potpourri. But when tempered just right, it's stunning and I love it. Part of the reason for this love-hate relationship (I think) is because of a very kind and loving person I knew that oversprayed a women's marketed fragrance named Exclamation. Any more than one spray of that scent can stop time itself.

FWIW, I'm not a big tonka person either. But, again, when done right, and thoughtfully controlled, can create a very special moment.
    I'll have to check on this one. I actually like tonka and it doesn't bother me, nor does give me the reaction as vanilla.

I ordered this last night .

The MCM Success that I have been sampling in my opinion is a winner for me. I sampled one mini and then went back on line and bought a grouping of 5 mini's of this one. I see full bottles of the EDT going for aroun98$ or less. Nice amber honey fragrance with oomph.

Rick
    " I wanna have my kicks before the whole s--t house goes up in flames"

Quote from Jim Morrison
    The Doors

Please check out my sales thread. I'm downsizing my wardrobe http://www.basenotes.net/threads/446...or-Sale-Thread
    Currently wearing: Davidoff by Davidoff

Quote Originally Posted by techt View Post
    I have a bunch of this thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DOCPSYCHO View Post
    The MCM Success that I have been sampling in my opinion is a winner for me. I sampled one mini and then went back on line and bought a grouping of 5 mini's of this one. I see full bottles of the EDT going for aroun98$ or less. Nice amber honey fragrance with oomph.

Rick
    Still working these recommendations . I just received a pre-barcode, made in Germany bottle of MCM Success today. Super nice! Kinda reminds me of my LT Piver Cuir de Russie but a little more aromatic which is nice. Great recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post

Bogart Furyo
    Givenchy Insense

I finally have both of these. Great recommendations!

Freed from BN Institution

I'd vouch for Moschino Pour Homme
    Follow Upcoming Sync Fridays HERE:http://www.basenotes.net/threads/459...d-Fridays-2019

Fragrance Reviews:http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/13373062

Interested in Learning about Discontinued/Vaulted Creeds? Join Basenotes' Creed Group: http://www.basenotes.net/group.php?groupid=35

If you go to Etsy and bring up the store, ParfumsdeParis, you can filter by price. Currently there are just over 100 bottles of true vintage scents available for under $100 and that does not include the numerous decants listed at under $100. The shop owner is now on a leave to tend to an ill relation, but will be back on June 25, so visit the site after that date and indulge yourself. [Note: There are over 60 (mostly one of a kind Guerlains and a few Carons) that sell for $1K to over $3K per bottle on this site as well as the more affordable ones.]
    Currently wearing: Vetivert by Hove Parfumeur

Quote Originally Posted by N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer View Post
    I'd vouch for Moschino Pour Homme
    I have plenty of it

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwist View Post
    If you go to Etsy and bring up the store, ParfumsdeParis, you can filter by price. Currently there are just over 100 bottles of true vintage scents available for under $100 and that does not include the numerous decants listed at under $100. The shop owner is now on a leave to tend to an ill relation, but will be back on June 25, so visit the site after that date and indulge yourself. [Note: There are over 60 (mostly one of a kind Guerlains and a few Carons) that sell for $1K to over $3K per bottle on this site as well as the more affordable ones.]
    I'll check it out. I have gotten some pretty good deals there. Thanks!

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by JackTwist View Post
    Are you affiliated with them? I think I asked this question last year too when you dropped this etsy shop's name in couple of threads.
    Last edited by epapsiou; 7th June 2019 at 08:56 PM.
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Antaeus by Chanel

Basenotes Plus

Is no one going to mention Moustache by Rochas?