Code of Conduct

Default Need Advice Onr Black (1982) by Pascal Morabito

Can anybody share their thoughts on the fairly new release of Or Black (1982)
    by Pascal Morabito. The vintage gets lots of great reviews. It was discontinued for many years and reintroduce a few years ago. Im reading mixed reviews it's nowhere need the original and others claim it's still very good. Anybody care to share their thoughts. It's s fragrance I'm considering buying butnot sure if worth it. I detest weak colognes. Although it's it's only $50 that's no chump change to risk.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Need Advice Onr Black (1982) by Pascal Morabito

I own a large bottle of the original and also the re-issue and while the re-issue is not as nice or rich as the original, it is still worthy and very affordable.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Never tried the original but own the current version and think it is really good and well worth the money

Basenotes Plus

Current is excellent and a veritable steal at those prices. Drydown is extremely close to the original.

Basenotes Junkie

I have the new version and it's definitely not weak. Quality ingredients. I have seen a couple reviewers here and there claiming it's not as good as the original, but the vast majority (including, importantly, all my most trusted reviewers) agree that it's quite faithful to the original.