Default Mancera Red Tobacco love?

Ordered some samples Mancera.

Aoud Café
    Aoud Lemon Mint
    Wind Wood
    Aoud Vanille
    and
    Red Tobacco.

What are your thoughts on Red Tobacco? Any experience here?

Thanks BNrs

Great scents, great feelings.
    Great scents provide Great feelings.

Default Re: Mancera Red Tobacco love?

It's a love/hate thing for me. The opening is so loud and over the top - Ive really come to dislike it. It settles into a nice, warm tobacco scent after a while though, which I really enjoy. One of the few times where I'd welcome a reformulation to balance out the opening
    Currently wearing: Chrome Pure by Azzaro

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by SafeShave View Post

What are your thoughts on Red Tobacco? Any experience here?
    Have owned it since it was first released at the Mancera/Montale boutique in Paris and love it.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hi,

I have a sample of Red Tobacco that I will soon try! I've heard GOOD things about this one.

SixCats!

It's nuclear and it will last 2 showers.

Smells a bit chemical though.

cant stand it

Thanks for all your input, keep it comming.

love the juice!
    spray and pray...

I love it too but can appreciate Folken's impressions of the opening as it is over the top in its ferocity. This is a one spray to the belly/chest frag for me otherwise it's overpowering and I'm a big powerhouse fan! This is definitely one of the most powerful scents I own in terms of projection and longevity. It's crazy stuff...!

I received a sample and feel that there are many better tobacco-based fragrances available. As noted above, I found it to be borderline unwearable for the first 20 min.
    I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.

Mother Teresa

Thanks. My sample yet to receive. Will brace myself for opening impact.

I'm torn between red tobacco and DHP/DHI. Which has better projection and sillage?

Red tobacco is nice! Got a sample from luckyscent the other day, and I find it brilliantly creamy and smooth. It is strong, but I find that a good thing, you can always wear less!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinful Delight View Post
    I'm torn between red tobacco and DHP/DHI. Which has better projection and sillage?
    Two completely different animals I would say. DHP/DHI are dressier, more refined and smooth. Red Tobacco is dense, brutal and only becomes smoother in the far drydown, approximately 53 hours after application...!

Rogue Perfumery
    Blog Entries

I'm reading enough here to pique my interest; sounds like a bit of a beast.
    I find the bottle presentation almost lovely enough to warrant a blind buy, but the mention of a saffron note makes me cautious.
    I'll definitely order a sample from Luckyscent
    Non-IFRA-Compliant Fragrance Art: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoguePerfumery
    New Tuberose Fragrance! Read about it here:
    https://rogueperfumery.com

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Red Tobacco is dense, brutal and only becomes smoother in the far drydown, approximately 53 hours after application...!
    LOL!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Its ridiculously potent, and in this day and age is actually a good thing . Another Mancera with that potency is Wild Leather but that smells awful , Red Tobacco is beautiful.

I just bought the sample too and have yet to try! I'm very excited as well, as this ticks all by boxes, for sure! It's on my roster for me to test and wear for approximately next Monday. Can't wait!
    Currently wearing: Présence by Montblanc

I'm finally wearing it today and it is truly incredible. What a masterpiece. And unbelievable power and projection and sillage! A monster. I think it's the most natural smelling tobacco scent I've worn yet, with the least amount of chemical feel, by far, of all the ones I've worn. It really feels like Mancera has used only the finest ingredients in this. It is just perfectly blended and composed.

Just brilliant! And I'd say super manly, too! Haha, how interesting that Mancera says it's for a man or a woman, quite a reach to make for this scent, but then I guess Mancera says all their scents are unisex, but this one, not really. This tobacco is quite robust and the incense is great too, as it develops. The sweetness is there, from the cinnamon and vanilla but it isn't too strong - it does not overwhelm the tobacco. The tobacco is the star here and it really does smell like tobacco, to me, more than the other scents I've tried.

Dare I say it, this might be the best tobacco of all of them? At least of the ones I've tried. It's certainly comes across as the most organic and real, to me. And the other notes compliment the tobacco but stay in the background, which somehow, to me, makes it the most perfectly composed tobacco scent, because of that.

This is not at all a redundant buy for tobacco scent lovers at all! I'd say it was a must-have and required purchasing if you are a tobacco hound, without a doubt. Absolutely quintessential.
    Currently wearing: Présence by Montblanc

Quote Originally Posted by RealBlast3 View Post
    I'm finally wearing it today and it is truly incredible. What a masterpiece. And unbelievable power and projection and sillage! A monster. I think it's the most natural smelling tobacco scent I've worn yet, with the least amount of chemical feel, by far, of all the ones I've worn. It really feels like Mancera has used only the finest ingredients in this. It is just perfectly blended and composed.

Just brilliant! And I'd say super manly, too! Haha, how interesting that Mancera says it's for a man or a woman, quite a reach to make for this scent, but then I guess Mancera says all their scents are unisex, but this one, not really. This tobacco is quite robust and the incense is great too, as it develops. The sweetness is there, from the cinnamon and vanilla but it isn't too strong - it does not overwhelm the tobacco. The tobacco is the star here and it really does smell like tobacco, to me, more than the other scents I've tried.

Dare I say it, this might be the best tobacco of all of them? At least of the ones I've tried. It's certainly comes across as the most organic and real, to me. And the other notes compliment the tobacco but stay in the background, which somehow, to me, makes it the most perfectly composed tobacco scent, because of that.

This is not at all a redundant buy for tobacco scent lovers at all! I'd say it was a must-have and required purchasing if you are a tobacco hound, without a doubt. Absolutely quintessential.
    Great review, thanks.

By and far the strongest scent I have ever inhaled. I could smell it in the air a couple of days after decanting it as it just clings to everything and when you're wearing it it induces those wavy heat lines you see on hot tarmac with its palpable sillage.

Always a huge treat when you find something you consider a masterpiece, congrats! And it is a monster!

Glad to hear that you liked it!

Basenotes Plus

I kinda liked it at first, but now I find it loud and cloying.

Some compared this with tobacco vanille , do you guys get that ? Also , some reviewer mentioned plastic type of chemical smell. How’s chemical kind of smell in this scent ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the comparison to TV as far as potency is concerned, but TV is much sweeter to me. Both are great, and I don’t get any plastic type smell from RT

Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa911 View Post
    Some compared this with tobacco vanille , do you guys get that ?
    I personally don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I personally don't.
    Any chemical like smell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Derbyman View Post
    Two completely different animals I would say. DHP/DHI are dressier, more refined and smooth. Red Tobacco is dense, brutal and only becomes smoother in the far drydown, approximately 53 hours after application...!
    Loving RT more and more, but I have a soft spot for chemical monsters if they're done in a surprising/unique way (which I think this one is).
    There's a smelling strip with it on my desk since exactly a week, today. It is just blasting ... !
    The one bottle in my collection of which this one reminds me a bit, is Bogart pour Homme. Think: The Bogart, but done in a brutish Nasomatto-style. There's a trainload of this certain oud'ish, flinty, dry yet sweet ingredient that's common in many niche scents. The combo of this certain smell and some weird cherry/heliotrope/tonka'ish marzipan thing - but bone-dry - is just pure fun to me.
    High on my buy list as a smaller 60ml, but possibly nothing I will wear too often.
    Yet I'd love smelling it on the streets much more than many other recent boring stuff ... :-)
    Currently wearing: Oud by Robert Piguet