Code of Conduct

Default Where I could buy inexpensive but genuine & pure oud oil?

Hi,

Iím quite poor person but I would really really like to try oud oil. Unfortunately the prices are painfully high. The other day I almost decided to try a sample from EnsarOud but then I got surprised with $25 delivery to my country fee in the form... :( ...and then I was thinking to myself that such sample probably would not last long either, even considering that amount you apply is very tinny. I know I know, Oud is a luxury product so the high price is to be expected. One cannot simply buy white truffles cheap. But anyway, is there some reliable place where I could buy some Thai/Vietnamese/Malaysian (I like floral and more subtle fragrances) pure oud oil for an affordable price? I could see some inexpensive oud oils (claimed to be pure and genuine) on ebay, but as we know there is lots of fake products on ebay, diluted etc.etc. and I have my doubts...

If anyone could point me in a good direction I would be really grateful.
    PS
    Iíve been browsing the BaseNotes forum for quite a long time (almost 2 years now), but only now Iíve decided to join, to ask the above question.

Default Re: Where I could buy inexpensive but genuine & pure oud oil?

hello, can i post ?
    just checking, as i did reply earlier, but it didn't get posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woodland Note View Post
    Hi,

I’m quite poor person but I would really really like to try oud oil. Unfortunately the prices are painfully high. The other day I almost decided to try a sample from EnsarOud but then I got surprised with $25 delivery to my country fee in the form... ...and then I was thinking to myself that such sample probably would not last long either, even considering that amount you apply is very tinny. I know I know, Oud is a luxury product so the high price is to be expected. One cannot simply buy white truffles cheap. But anyway, is there some reliable place where I could buy some Thai/Vietnamese/Malaysian (I like floral and more subtle fragrances) pure oud oil for an affordable price? I could see some inexpensive oud oils (claimed to be pure and genuine) on ebay, but as we know there is lots of fake products on ebay, diluted etc.etc. and I have my doubts...

If anyone could point me in a good direction I would be really grateful.
    PS
    I’ve been browsing the BaseNotes forum for quite a long time (almost 2 years now), but only now I’ve decided to join, to ask the above question.

we are in same boat, looking for white truffles
    Last edited by malik123; 23rd July 2018 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malik123 View Post
    hello, can i post ?
    just checking, as i did reply earlier, but it didn't get posted.

- - - Updated - - -

well the first time, i am going to post something, only because of you. I'm 40 btw.
    we are in same boat, looking for white truffles.
    may i please ask you to spend few hours at www.gaharu.com and ouddict.com, their market place. you can find oud oils for good prices.
    if you spend more time, you will notice that vendors offer some sort of discount for members of these sites.
    i hope and pray that you find something that matches your requirements, as there are multiple options.
    there are more items at ouddict. then also there are more artisanal vendors, selling oud at ETSY.com
    i am very new to oud and somehow managed to get few oils of ensar, ensaroud.com.
    if you would like to reply, please do not hesitate .
    best of luck
    i can write in more details, about your post but not sure if you'll check my reply.
    Hello,
    Thank you for your post and suggestions. I'm still yet to try oud oils. .
    I hope it will happen in near future. For the present day the only thing I could afford was agar wood powder. And I was somewhat happy with that. Right now I’m experimenting with what I can get from nature around me. I guess I could say that I’m a bit of a scientist. Trying to make perfume from natural ingredients. I’m happy with what I did so far and surprised how beautiful scents can be extracted from what nature provides us with...
    Last edited by Woodland Note; 12th August 2018 at 03:26 PM.

I

- - - Updated - - -

I
    Last edited by malik123; 23rd July 2018 at 01:54 PM.

Hi again
    Apologies, i didnt check recently, if you posted something.
    Would you like to accept few (5-7) samples, from ensar oud.
    I got samples and i would like to humbly present to you, if you could please accept.
    I am based in pakistan, and i can ship via EMS or dhl. I have never used dhl before, though i once sent a "shawl" to london. It was delivered safely, just remember that it took time,may be a month.
    But i can check dhl, if you prefer dhl.

I would like to humbly urge you to please accept my offer. Some samples i got direct from EO and some from a very gentleman, i bought EO oils from him from forum, he was kind enough to give me alot of EO samples and oud wood too.

- - - Updated - - -

I got around 500g piece of tanzanian sandal wood piece, from EO.
    Dont remember if its called osyris1999 santal, or whatever. I can take 10-20 gram chunk of that sandal wood, for you, too.
    If you are looking for oud wood to try, i can present few grams of EO oud wood.
    I think it was advertised as "acey2001" oud wood. I bought 30+ grams (may be). So for my boat brother, few grams of acey2001 oud wood from EO is also available, for dear brother.

My field is physics, optoelectronics and photonics but if you like,you can enlighten me with your scientific thing goung on.

EO oil samples, 5-7, 10-20g tanzanian osyris sandal wood from ensar, few grams of ensar acey2001 oud wood. Humbly available for my boat brother.
    Can confirm "when shipped" after yur reply, in few days.
    Peace out
    Hi, I'm sorry for my late reply. If you could send me even 1 sample of real oud oil I would be very grateful. I just wanted to try it and see for myself how it is (smells). Buying samples with an expensive delivery is not an option for me at this moment.
    If I knew it's something worthy/ for me, I would maybe put some savings aside with time and purchased it.
    If you still feel like sending me some I can pm you my address. I'm located in Europe. A month is not that long, whatever is cheaper.

Edit: I've sent you my address in a pm.
    Best wishes!
    Last edited by Woodland Note; 12th August 2018 at 03:31 PM.

regards

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again.
    I sent a pm yesterday about shipping.
    Last edited by malik123; 23rd July 2018 at 01:56 PM.

good morning again
    thank you for your detailed message and please accept my apology for late reply.
    i just checked and sent you pm with my details.

i thought about starting "incense and perfumery" as my hobby, as well, but i can not manage time. may be at some point.
    i am sorry about the agar wood powder experience.
    as for the samples, please do not worry.
    just let me check with postal company first and i shall get back to you.

as for your understanding about perfume, i totally and 100% agree with you, "he smells nice"
    im not good with writing details but, once again, i agree with your approach "he smells nice".

i shall get back to you soon.
    regards

- - - Updated - - -

Hi again.
    I sent a pm yesterday about shipping.

I went to fedex, dhl, ups and pakistan post and all of them refused to ship.
    It is very unfortunate situation and im embarrassed.
    I am sorry.
    Regards,
    Hello Malik,
    It’s a pity, strange and unfortunate situation indeed.
    No worries. One day I will try the real oud oil, one way or another.
    Thank you for the good will and trying, it counts.There not many people doing things just out of goodness of their heart. I appreciate your kindness.
    Best wishes.

regards,
    Last edited by malik123; 23rd July 2018 at 01:56 PM.

Hi Woodland note... contact me on Ouddict (username Ouddict) and I’ll help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by floraopia View Post
    Hi Woodland note... contact me on Ouddict (username Ouddict) and I’ll help you out.
    Hi,
    I've messaged you on Ouddict with same user nickname as here, "Woodland Note".