Code of Conduct

Default Looking for a usable damp, wet fragrance

Have been in search of a usable (for my application) damp, wet fragrance even with a musty quality would also work. I have tried a few of the more commonly available fragrance oils that are supposed to have these qualities, but all seem to dry down to a sweet or spicy fragrance which is no good

I have tried Vetiver as well which seemed to show promise but that also fades to a sweet, cologne like smell which is also inappropriate for my application.

I am looking for a general damp wet smell that will just fade without becoming spicy even Wet Leaves or Peat Moss might suffice. The effect I am seeking on dry down is like fresh grass to a dry hay......or wet rich damp to dry and dusty. An EO or AC is fine.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Looking for a usable damp, wet fragrance

geosmin + coumarin+ poivrol+ patchouli eo+ cis 3 hexenol+ helional.
    try this
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

Basenotes Plus

You want a whole accord formula...

Rootanol, Terrasol, Humus Ether, Cypriol EO, Terranol, Mitti attar, Mitti vetiver attar, 1-octen-3-one, 2-ethyl-3-methoxypyrazine, maybe alpha-Humulene.
    Look them up and see which you can obtain and work from there.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Thank you both for fast, informative responses. I have looked into these fragrances and some I just cannot obtain or just have not found a source let alone a sample. I have however narrowed it down...I think....Terrasol FFC. It seems to be a good compromise to Geosmin. Geosmin seems to be truly a magic bullet for this, but seems to me, for my application it would be prohibitively expensive. I have no found a close substitute for this other than Terrasol which seems to be descriptively close. Although I don't know what the dry down would be like.???

I have come across another chemical that reports to also be a dead ringer for 'turned earth"......2-ethyl fenchol. I cannot however find this in other than industrial quantities.
    BTW: It is reported to be a common component in many Terrasol offerings although I cannot verify this absolutely.