Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Thierry Mugler - Les Exceptions Mystic Aromatic!

Mystic Aromatic by Mugler is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men.

This is a new fragrance.

Mystic Aromatic was launched in 2018.

The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Christophe Herault.

The fragrance features basil, clary sage, peru balsam, oregano and thyme.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: NEW: Thierry Mugler - Les Exceptions Mystic Aromatic!

Anyone from the UK try this release yet? Has first been released there.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

I will be watching for this at the Mugler counter. They are having another event in May and hope to have the new Exception. In the meantime, also eagerly awaiting the impressions of those who have cone across it.
    ​"It was foolish of her not to have bought a larger bottle."

Dorothy Eden, The Time of the Dragon

I know this is on sale at the Mugler France website .Anyone have the opportunity to sniff this yet?

I've been checking the Nordstrom by me which carries this line, but this hasn't shown up yet.

I noticed it online a few days ago but haven't had a chance to try it.

The name seems a little out of step with the rest of the line but the notes sound interesting, heavily herbaceous.

I've fallen for a few Les Exceptions. Hopefully, this will be another winner.

Basenotes Plus

What's the usual price range of the Les Exceptions line?

Quote Originally Posted by Cook.bot View Post
    What's the usual price range of the Les Exceptions line?
    They're £140 a pop here in the UK (just gone up from £135.) 80ml bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by Suspended View Post
    They're £140 a pop here in the UK (just gone up from £135.) 80ml bottles.
    Tested this today with wonder bouquet, and both were so beautiful.oh gosh, in love!

Quote Originally Posted by colourblind View Post
    Tested this today with wonder bouquet, and both were so beautiful.oh gosh, in love!
    Can you expand on the Mystic Aromatic?

I bought Wonder Bouquet for my wife a few months ago and she's actually wearing it for the first time today.

It's very much like Gaultier's Classique but with a weird buttery popcorn note plunked on top.

That's great to know.

Colourblind, how would you describe Mystic Aromatic? I was able to sniff it the other day, although did not skin test, and it seemed like a standard fresh herbal scent, with no outstanding notes. Granted I need to try it on for a proper test but I was just wondering what impressed you the most about it.

Quote Originally Posted by FiveoaksBouquet View Post
    Colourblind, how would you describe Mystic Aromatic? I was able to sniff it the other day, although did not skin test, and it seemed like a standard fresh herbal scent, with no outstanding notes. Granted I need to try it on for a proper test but I was just wondering what impressed you the most about it.
    Hello, for me it was the juxtaposition of the airy herbal aromatique with the warmness which you can smell on the different times of the day. And there was also this sweetness which I enjoy in the note, it wasn't a classic green herbal a la Vacances de Patou, but sensual at the same time

Hello, for me it was the juxtaposition of the airy herbal aromatique with the warmness which you can smell on the different times of the day. And there was also this sweetness which I enjoy in the note, it wasn't a classic green herbal a la Vacances de Patou, but sensual at the same time
    Thank you. Sounds lovely the way you describe it. I look forward to skin-testing it. Vacances is my favourite Patou. If there’s anything of it in Mystic Aromatic, should be nice.

Thank you. Sounds lovely the way you describe it. I look forward to skin-testing it. Vacances is my favourite Patou. If there’s anything of it in Mystic Aromatic, should be nice.
    If you like vacances, you should give erawan a try!
    Mystic is more bright, sweet VS erawan which is more green, dry

If you like vacances, you should give erawan a try!
    Mystic is more bright, sweet VS erawan which is more green, dry
    Thanks. Parle Moi de Parfum’s Totally White is also very similar to Vacances and it’s on my list.

Thanks. Parle Moi de Parfum’s Totally White is also very similar to Vacances and it’s on my list.
    Ahh I didn't think they were similar at all. Vacances has that very green top notes, totally white was very flowery and musky from start.

I retested mystic today, and it actually is very warm and spicy after the freshness fades away.

Ahh I didn't think they were similar at all. Vacances has that very green top notes, totally white was very flowery and musky from start.

I retested mystic today, and it actually is very warm and spicy after the freshness fades away.
    Not sure about today’s Vacances. I only knew the vintage available decades ago.

Mystic Aromatic ia finally arriving in Montréal—three months later. I could not really test much when they let me smell the little vial last month. Since then, these artificial delays to our market led me to lose my enthusiasm and I don’t feel like rushing now. I will test it when I’m in the area.

Since it was first announced, has anyone here been wearing it? How is it turning out?