Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Just Starting Out Sponsor
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Complete noob! What to try....

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    current collection
    Attachment 89799
    Very nice!
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Hey all, just starting out on the world of discovery that is Basenotes....

Really no idea what to try, I've always used commercially available products such as Armani Code or currently Dior Sauvage.
    Used to like By - Dolce and Gabbana before they stopped making it.

I'm signing up to try Creed Aventus and Viking, hope I'll like them but is there anything I must try based on what I've listed above?

Thanks for any guidance :-)
    I may be going against the norm, but I would not recommend blind buying Creed until you have some experience into your fragrance search and knowledge. I personally find the brand not worth their retail prices for the types of scents they offer. Try some cheaper decants of those and then after experience wearing them for a while you can get a better context of what you really should splurge your money on.
    Creed Original Santal

348 posts! You are not a noob anymore. This is more than some members post in 10 years.
    Currently wearing: Hindu Grass by Nasomatto

current collection
    Attachment 89799
    Hi Thorien, wow! it looks like you've had quite the journey over the last 9 months!

I've just come over here myself as a noob from TZ (Colin t), and I'm about to embark on a sample ordering session (maybe not on the same scale as you!) Just one quick noob question - is a 1ml sample enough? (thinking of Aventus, for example).

Thanks!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Quote Originally Posted by Springdriven View Post
    Hi Thorien, wow! it looks like you've had quite the journey over the last 9 months!

I've just come over here myself as a noob from TZ (Colin t), and I'm about to embark on a sample ordering session (maybe not on the same scale as you!) Just one quick noob question - is a 1ml sample enough? (thinking of Aventus, for example).

Thanks!
    1 ml is often enough. For me, when I was just getting into perfume sampling, I needed more like 2 ml, and I would need to try something three or four times. Now, I can just put a few drops, like 0.2 ml, on the back of my hand and learn what I need to know from a fragrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Springdriven View Post

Thanks!
    Yes, 1ml is enough. I have an annoying amount of old samples at home. If your interest is piqued, get more volume, or a bottle, next time. Otherwise, move on. And clear out your fragrance draw from time to time.