Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Banned

Default Re: Pineapple vintage Intense

I've always found it interesting when it comes to Pineapple Vintage discussions that the accounts are more-often-than-not low-count, newish members. Or certainly they make up the bulk of the posts. Where are all the long-term Basenoters when it comes to threads like this? I just find it curious is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post
    I've always found it interesting when it comes to Pineapple Vintage discussions that the accounts are more-often-than-not low-count, newish members. Or certainly they make up the bulk of the posts. Where are all the long-term Basenoters when it comes to threads like this? I just find it curious is all.
    maybe the OG's have enough vintage aventus and dont have to look for a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    maybe the OG's have enough vintage aventus and dont have to look for a replacement?
    agreed, aventus has always been plentiful, and bc we all own 30+ bottles of fragrance our old aventus bottles are still 80% full just like everythnig else we own. i havent finished a bottle of anything in 2-3 years and i wear something everyday.

Are current batches of Aventus really that bad that PVI is a worthwhile purchase?
    I just received a sample and it does smell good but not as good as my Aventus from 2016.

Also the cost of 100ml of PVI is the same as 100ml of Aventus when bought as part of a split.

Now Sunset in heaven is a different matter.
    Smells very very similar to baccarat rouge 540 and is cheaper.

I just sampled PVI and PVN yesterday (second try after a pretty bad first impression last summer). It wasn't a pleasant experience. There's still a very overly bright bergamot at the opening and it 's VERY sharp (more so in PVI). Once this dies down, it has to potential to become a nice fragrance, but then there's this dirty/earthy note that sticks out like a sore thumb and never goes away. I don't know what that note is but it stays on the skin for over 24 hours (more so with PVN).

There's no replacement for Aventus and the venture into sampling the PV house was pure curiosity. I'm wearing Aventus today and it's so natural, smooth, and perfect (wearing 17U01). There's no replacement for the king, especially from the PV house.
    Currently wearing: Cedrat Boise by Mancera

Quote Originally Posted by Latency View Post
    I just sampled PVI and PVN yesterday (second try after a pretty bad first impression last summer). It wasn't a pleasant experience. There's still a very overly bright bergamot at the opening and it 's VERY sharp (more so in PVI). Once this dies down, it has to potential to become a nice fragrance, but then there's this dirty/earthy note that sticks out like a sore thumb and never goes away. I don't know what that note is but it stays on the skin for over 24 hours (more so with PVN).

There's no replacement for Aventus and the venture into sampling the PV house was pure curiosity. I'm wearing Aventus today and it's so natural, smooth, and perfect (wearing 17U01). There's no replacement for the king, especially from the PV house.
    They say that Emperor Extrait is finally the real alternative to Aventus, I'm waiting for a sample to see if they're right.

Picture mesquite pineapple .. it smells very BBQ smoky, it's not close to Aventus. However it does have a nice pineapple blast, it's that mesquite smell that REALLY stands out. I got a 30ml decant on eBay for $30 bucks. Probably won't buy again.

As per some of the reviews here, I found it (5ML PVI sample bought of a highly reputable seller) had a rancid smell and very unpleasant to me. Very disappointed, so glad I didn't buy a bottle.

I should have trusted all the negative reviews of latest PVI, received my 50ml yesterday and that stuff is complete trash comparing to the Emperor EDP and Extrait i also received last week. Two dominating notes from PVI will hit your senses like a freight train: Slimy rotten pineapple and burned tires.

Emperor EDP and Extrait are great, and smells divine in comparison.