Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pineapple vintage Intense

I have been thinking about buying a bottle of PVI for the past couple of days and wanted some input on it. Do any of you regret purchasing PVI? How is the sillage and longevity?
    Also Iím not looking for a Aventus clone, so itís alright with me if this doesnít smell identical to Aventus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Pineapple vintage Intense

Silage and longevity are very good.
    It's a nice scent in my view, stands up on it's own merits.
    I doubt you'd regret a purchase.

Basenotes Junkie

Great fragrance, worth the buy IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Democritus View Post
    Silage and longevity are very good.
    It's a nice scent in my view, stands up on it's own merits.
    I doubt you'd regret a purchase.
    Did it garner you any compliments?

How long did it take for you to receive the cologne? I noticed that on the website it says it dispatches within 25-30 days.

Banned

Use to own it, sold it quickly.

It's not Aventus, if that matters. Smelled off. Not "off" off, like rancid, but "off" as in the perfumer didn't know about scent development and just threw the popular ingredients in a bottle and built a fragrance around the top notes. It doesn't evolve, it projects meh, like any other designer I guess, but the quality is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostri View Post
    Use to own it, sold it quickly.

It's not Aventus, if that matters. Smelled off. Not "off" off, like rancid, but "off" as in the perfumer didn't know about scent development and just threw the popular ingredients in a bottle and built a fragrance around the top notes. It doesn't evolve, it projects meh, like any other designer I guess, but the quality is lacking.
    Says the guy who's just been recommending Invictus Aqua layered with Spicebomb

I don't really care for this line of fragrances. Like another user said something about this is off. It's not as rich smelling for me as Creed Aventus.

I have PVI and multiple batches of Aventus. I get way more compliments with PVI. Might take 2 weeks or 3weeks to get it.
    Current top 10
    1. Chanel Allure Homme Sport
    2. Grey Vetiver
    3. Millesime Imperial
    4. Versace Pour Homme
    5. Bergamote 22
    6. Mugler Cologne
    7. Pineapple Vintage Intense
    8. Green Irish Tweed
    9. Bleu De Chanel
    10. Aventus

Basenotes Plus

I got samples of a few of them. I think they're well done, and present as if they're made with quality ingredients. That said, for the price I'll just keep getting Aventus. Aventus is better polished and received by everyone that I've let compare. Also, to me, it DOES NOT smell like an exact dupe of the original release (which I have, and compared it to). So there you go... Great, not as great, and, for the money, I'll stick with Aventus.
    Sent from the bayou, using homing gators.

Dependent

Pineapple Vintage Intense is a good one in my opinion. I get less anosmia than with Aventus, but very much a case of 'your mileage may vary'. It lasts seemingly forever and projects well on my skin. Definitely not an exact duplication of Aventus, with a stronger pineapple note than the Aventus I'm familiar with (though I've had limited experience). I've heard really good things about the 'noir' versions as well, but yet to try. Price vs performance is very strong in favour of PVI.

Edit: Might be better looking in the 'Creed Aventus' subsection and doing a search for Parfums Vintage fragrances - they've been discussed at some length previously. I also have reason to believe Damien (guy being Parfums Vintage) is working on a GIT-inspired fragrance. @Rum - might be better moved to the Creed Aventus section?
    Last edited by Benz3ne; 19th March 2018 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsd13 View Post
    Did it garner you any compliments?

How long did it take for you to receive the cologne? I noticed that on the website it says it dispatches within 25-30 days.

Yes it got me compliments (unusual to be honest)
    I can't remember how long for delivery but less than the 25 to 30 days you mentioned.

Has anyone tried the Noir version of this also? Iím truly on the fence between Pineapple vintage Intense or noir intense

Quote Originally Posted by Hsd13 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Noir version of this also? I’m truly on the fence between Pineapple vintage Intense or noir intense

Yes,darker but still a variation on the same scent. Choose Noir if you like more patchouli.

Bought my very first bottle of pineapple vintage intense and my oh my the pineapple opening and the Creed aventus dry down is INSANE. I instantly fell In love and purchased my second bottle.... Only to discover this was absolutely nothing like the first bottle at all. Opening was not pineapple but something synthetic and the dry down was dull. I thought this to be a one off and purchased a 3rd bottle which again was completely different from.the first 2. I cannot believe pineapple vintage also has batch variations and I thought Creed was the only one plagued with this. Clearly not. Do not buy pineapple vintage intense as it is a lottery for what batch you will get.

Yeah I didn't like my 10 ml sample, it smelled funny and had very little in common with Aventus.

Found the entire line to be scrubbers
    My top 30

1. Gucci Envy / D&G By Man
    2. Amber Sky /Cedrat Boise
    3. Costarela / TFK Arab Spring
    4. Dior Homme Intense / Baccarat Rouge 540
    5. Dior Homme Cologne / Chez Bond
    6. Sleek Suede / Aventus
    7. Antidote / By the Fireplace
    8. Gucci Pour Homme / Armani Attitude
    9. Black Phantom / Layton
    10. D&G The One EDP / M7
    11. Santal Majuscule / Reckless
    12. Diadema / Prada LíHomme
    13. Habdan / Tuxedo
    14. Lira / Dior Homme Sport 2012
    15. Citric Santa Eulalia / Clive X

I'd to get my nose on this stuff, petty hard to source in the UK so it seems

So I got a bottle for christmas and it does smell good, but my wife commented twice that it was "kinda light"

today i sprayed 6 times and two hrs after application she had to get right next to me to be able to smell anything and said it was real close to the skin... this wasn't at all what any of the youtube reviewers said everyone was getting 8-9hrs with 3hrs projection, and my wife could barely smell me 2hrs after 6 SPRAYS. so i googled and some guys on fragrantica were saying the 2017 version was awesome and then in 2018 it was reformulated and no good anymore. I'm thinking the lesson from this if its true is buy the newest version they're hyping as it will likely be the best it ever is, if i was buying now I'd go for emperor if I were you

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, mine only lasts 1.5hrs. I'm very upset because everyone on youtube said it was so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans61 View Post
    i googled and some guys on fragrantica were saying the 2017 version was awesome and then in 2018 it was reformulated and no good anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree, mine only lasts 1.5hrs. I'm very upset because everyone on youtube said it was so good.
    Fact: there has been no reformulation.

I bought 3 samples, King Intense Vanilla Intense and PVI, PVI has a rancid smell, really unpleasant, it does not smell anything aventus, I can not explain how there are many positive reviews on fragrant. Reformulation?
    I tested King intense and Vanilla Intense, the first one on my skin is very woody, very very woody, all this annoys me, Vanilla Intense is just vanilla, I do not feel anything else.
    I'm making a last attempt with a sample of Emperor Extrait, even if this should fail I will say definitively to this perfume house.

Quote Originally Posted by Fango View Post
    I bought 3 samples, King Intense Vanilla Intense and PVI, PVI has a rancid smell, really unpleasant, it does not smell anything aventus, I can not explain how there are many positive reviews on fragrant. Reformulation?
    I tested King intense and Vanilla Intense, the first one on my skin is very woody, very very woody, all this annoys me, Vanilla Intense is just vanilla, I do not feel anything else.
    I'm making a last attempt with a sample of Emperor Extrait, even if this should fail I will say definitively to this perfume house.
    king intense isnt that woody on my skin. its syruppy sweet pineapple to me. im want to get either vanilla intense or emperor edp but not sure yet

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    king intense isnt that woody on my skin. its syruppy sweet pineapple to me. im want to get either vanilla intense or emperor edp but not sure yet
    Unfortunately on my skin I feel it very woody, it looks like that wood when it is wet. Too bad because from the reviews it seemed perfect for me.
    All three of them are continuing to dig these days but nobody reminds me of aventus for a while. It bothers me that PVI opens up rancid.
    I apologize for English, I use a translator to try and make myself understood by you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fango View Post
    Unfortunately on my skin I feel it very woody, it looks like that wood when it is wet. Too bad because from the reviews it seemed perfect for me.
    All three of them are continuing to dig these days but nobody reminds me of aventus for a while. It bothers me that PVI opens up rancid.
    I apologize for English, I use a translator to try and make myself understood by you.
    where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by Thankmelater View Post
    where are you from?
    I sent you a pm.

I got a sample of Emperor EDP and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. I wouldn't go for an extrait personally as although they last long, they don't project and IMO I did well enough with the EDP. Haven't tried any of the rest of the line to comment, but Emperor is in my list to buy now

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    I got a sample of Emperor EDP and I have to say I'm really impressed with it. I wouldn't go for an extrait personally as although they last long, they don't project and IMO I did well enough with the EDP. Haven't tried any of the rest of the line to comment, but Emperor is in my list to buy now
    Thank you, for your feedback, I ordered extrait because the 3 I got before did not make a good impression, even though I'm continuing to dig each one of them.
    I ask you something, the Emperor line succeeds in somehow smelling Aventus? Can you make a percentage? I chose extrait for greater longevity, but I hope first of all that it smells like Aventus closer.

It's hard to put a percent on it and I think honestly, that's where reviewers go wrong. To use the example of CDNI, I've heard people say it's as close as you can get, but yet I smell the 2 side by side and there's huge differences, yet the same DNA.

Emperor is about a close as you can get, but there's more volume. It's left soft and a bit more loud, whilst keeping the balance right. It projects well and lasted as long as my aventus, so it's good in its own right

Quote Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
    It's hard to put a percent on it and I think honestly, that's where reviewers go wrong. To use the example of CDNI, I've heard people say it's as close as you can get, but yet I smell the 2 side by side and there's huge differences, yet the same DNA.

Emperor is about a close as you can get, but there's more volume. It's left soft and a bit more loud, whilst keeping the balance right. It projects well and lasted as long as my aventus, so it's good in its own right
    Perfect, I'll try the sample I ordered, as you have described it, I should certainly like more of the PVI / King Intense / Vanilla Intense samples I bought recently. Thank you

Finally my samples arrived. I tried them all, they are pretty decent, but again all smell way more synthetic than Aventus.

I think I finally understand that no one can replicate the real deal, so I'll keep using and ordering Aventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Grolubao View Post
    Finally my samples arrived. I tried them all, they are pretty decent, but again all smell way more synthetic than Aventus.

I think I finally understand that no one can replicate the real deal, so I'll keep using and ordering Aventus.
    What did you try? I'm waiting for Emperor Extrait after already testing PVI King Intense and Vanilla Intense. The latter, after having dug them to the bottom, I managed to appreciate more PVI, even if it opens a little rancid, but after this phase it becomes very good. If Emperor Extrait should like me more I will buy him as an alternative to make my 18g11 last longer than I would like to rest.