Code of Conduct

Default Potential supply issues for Aventus, increase in price for France

Hi,

I buy and sell a lot of Aventus and have been waiting on some bottles from Inceza for some time (Ordered 21 Feb)

I've had a few from nose and some weeks ago I asked nose if they knew when they would get stock in as Incenza are like blood from a stone.

The message from nose said:

Dear Sir

Thank you for your order made on nose.fr. Unfortunately, we are out of stock a again on Creed Aventus.

After a recent talk with Creed on March 15th, we have no visibility right now on the day we will be delivered. However, given the fact that our president Mr. Cloutier is a close friend of Erwin Creed (the Creed family & owner), we are always the first to be delivered directly from the Creed production warehouse without any intermediary nor further delay.

It is also a fact that the Creed family has reduced drastically the number of Creed distributors/stores to sell the Creed. Nose is among the few ones that continue to be supplied officially by the brand.

Last but not least, it is important to know that given the limited quantities available, the customer who will have done pre-order will be the first ones to receive their 250ml/500ml (next perfumes received will be given according to date of preorder/order).

Thus, we can now totally refund you now if you wish or keep your preorder so that you will be the first to receive these ordered perfumes. We will advise you on a weekly basis acknowledging that our Creed orders are usually delivered each Thursday.

Please, don't hesitate to reach me if you have any questions.

Warmest regards,

Alice, Nose Team
    Few weeks have passed and despite repeated prods Incenza dont have any updates so I queried nose again, who sent me this today:

Thank you for massage.

Recently, I have informed you that we might receive CREED Aventus 250ml/500 ml as we always get supply from the CREED factory and that our last supply was last February 23rd.

Today, I have been informed by Erwin CREED (part of the management team at CREED) that given a recent fire at one their key industry raw material provider (BASF factory in Ludwigshafen, Germany) last October 31st 2017, they are running out of one of their key ingredient (CITRAL) in the formulation of the CREED Aventus, Love in White and Silver Mountain Water.

Given this situation, CREED is stopping immediately to produce 250ml/500ml until end of 2018 summer or fall to ensure supplying smaller references of these perfumes (50ml and 100ml).

Also, CREED have informed us that given price differences between France and other market like UK / USA, CREED will also increase the suggested retail prices of 250ml/500ml in France. We have no visibility on when this will happen.

Last, during this raw material crisis, CREED have also informed us that they wish Nose and all other retailers in the world to stop selling the CREED fragrances online. There should be an official letter sent to all their distributors within the next month. This still need to be confirmed in writing by them and until we receive such notice, business is as usual.

Given this update, we will refund immediately your CREED Aventus 250ml/500ml.

Unless a different agreement is reached with CREED so that Nose continue to sell online between April and September, if you wish to order online from Nose the CREED perfumes (those currently available), you better need to do it at your earliest convenience.

This is totally outside our decision and we can only deplore this situation.

Please, don't hesitate to reach me if you have any questions at +33 1 40 26 46 03 or by email at info@nose.fr.

Best regards
    I asked Incenza if they can clarify or confirm and they said

La maison CREED ne nous à pas tenu informé de ces dispositions. Notre prochaine commande doit nous être livré sous 7 jours ouvrés. Passé ce délai si vous ne voyez pas de changement de statut sur votre commande , je vous invite à contacter notre service client par mail à contact@boutique-parfums.com ou contact@incenza.com afin que le remboursement de votre commande soit pris en compte.

Cordialement
    Which basically says we aren't aware of any of this and we are expecting an order in the next 7 days, if this has not been received in that time then email us for a refund. The nose story however is fairly specific and I cant imagine them peddling such a barefaced lie. I know preciously Creed stopped Soleil d'or from selling cheap Aventus and around that time all the french sellers had to increase their prices also...so looks like a supply issue is taking p lace and a price correction is incoming.

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Potential supply issues for Aventus, increase in price for France

Thanks for sharing this latest info about Creed retailers in France.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Wow. Dramatic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

> Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

Sad news, hope all goes well for the future of Aventus. Luckily I have plenty to enjoy for the next 2 years or more with plans of adding an addition on the Aventus collection.
    Currently wearing: Allure Homme by Chanel

Glad I popped in here and saw this. Time to stock up.

PS: Good to see you still around Hednic!
    Sale thread 2013 Aventus & GIT! 2014 SMW! Bond no.9 Bleeker St! Guerlain SDV! - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/449...71#post4300371!
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure that factory in Germany is not the Only place Creed can get that ingredient. And I'm sorry for being ignorant but who is nose?
    Last edited by lleblanc1986; 6th April 2018 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lleblanc1986 View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

who is nose?
    It's a store.

Nose.fr is one of the key stores that decanters buy Aventus 500ml bottles from due to massively cheaper prices than in the UK. I am sure there are other sources of the same ingredient but perhaps not to the size and scale at which they have access to it previously. Whatever the reason, Nose are a trusted retailer in the european fragrance community so I have no reason to doubt the information they have passed on.

Not sure how sharing this information (especially the names of the Retailers) helps anybody out. This is exactly how Soleil d'or got in trouble and it was of no fault of their own.. Regardless of what's coming down the road in regards to Aventus, I don't think it's wise to share information on supposed Retailers that may or may not sell to the Non-European market. Just my thoughts.

nose do sell to the non european market.

Soleil were selling Aventus far cheaper than any other supplier, and lost their relationship with Creed as a result. At least that is what I was told by Soleil themselves at the time, and that is backed up by the information in the message from nose. As for what does sharing the information do? Well they're not going to send me top secret info are they?! If thats what they have been told and its what they are telling their customers upon a query, it cant be that secret and the information may help those wondering about ordering.

For those retailers that were selling to the Non-European market it is well understood contract between them and Creed that they are not to sell overseas. If caught they face the chance that Creed will pull there retail license or suspend the account for a matter of time. All I'm saying is that it does nobody any good to refer to these retailers by name. If somebody has information in regards to Aventus that is fine that is what this message board is for but I don't think it's necessary to bring on the retailers by name. This is how Creed has busted a couple of the parfumeries in the past. Soleil was caught not because they were cheaper it was because way too many people were talking about them. That is why. They weren't the cheapest then and they sure aren't the cheapest now. Those prices that they were selling at are right in line with the others mentioned in this thread.

I am pretty sure creed does not need to rely on reading forums to see who sells abroad, they can just look at the retailers websites themselves.

Soleil were cheaper than both Nose and Incenza, or Boutique Parfum as they were known then. They aren't the cheapest now because they no longer sell Aventus.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

a bottle a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Always be smelling

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    All makes sense now
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Spice and Wood by Creed

Thanks for the update. I just purchase SMW.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    that’s the KEY ingredient!

Anyone heard any more updates on this?

we’re 1/4 of the way through the year and no 2018 batches yet, concerining..

You do know Creed doesn't use real pineapple right? They use chemical accords that last way longer than the real thing would.

Quote Originally Posted by SharpLess View Post
    You do know Creed doesn't use real pineapple right? They use chemical accords that last way longer than the real thing would.
    lol fresh apples and rich vanilla as well, Creed has this chemical thing perfected.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    that’s the KEY ingredient!
    No it isn’t. Creed uses exclusively Royal Pineapple, not the cheap stuff sold to the Chinese markets mentioned in the article. Royal Pineapple is a million times more expensive, and picked only by virgin monks on the 8th day of the week, after midnight, barefoot, uphill, in the snow, while blindfolded. Everyone knows that, duh.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

bear in mind there is a royal wedding soon and if my sources are correct the catering company will use a fair amount of royal pineapple. so you can blame the queen

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeyle View Post
    we’re 1/4 of the way through the year and no 2018 batches yet, concerning..
    I hope they haven't sent the King to the infamous "Vault".
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Quote Originally Posted by RichMan'sOldSpice View Post
    I hope they haven't sent the King to the infamous "Vault".
    Be a shame hopefully not “Long Live Aventus!”

Is this still in effect because I've not seen any 500ml bottles for sale anywhere in weeks, even at full retail price nobody seems to have any.

they never stopped producing flacons last year like claimed so maybe this is a different issue? or there was lag time with the original supply shortage.

Possibly. Maybe they released reserve stock they held to cover the plant outage and now its catching up.