Code of Conduct
    Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default NEW: Demeter - Hyacinth For Women!

From NST:

Demeter has launched Hyacinth, the latest addition to their Fragrance Library.

The Scent

In typical Demeter fashion, our Hyacinth is the scent of the sweet living flower in full bloom, with powerful and bright green undertones.

An extraordinary fragrance, you’ll feel like you’re standing in a field of Hyacinth.

When we attack a classic floral note, we take a unique perspective - trying to capture the sense of the living flower, in its natural state, not some reduced, redacted or concentrated perfumed version.

The Inspiration

Regularly requested by fans, Hyacinth blends well with Jasmine, Violet, Tuberose and Lily of the Valley, among others.

Demeter Hyacinth is available in 15, 30 or 120 ml Cologne ($6 - $40).
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

Default Re: NEW: Demeter - Hyacinth For Women!

I just ordered a bottle; will report back when it arrives.

Blog Entries

I got my bottle today and let me tell you, Demeter nailed it with this one! I've had it on for several hours now and love it.

This is a stemmy-green, true hyacinth in the pot or in the ground (we have both.) It is uncluttered with other notes. If you don't think this smells like a real hyacinth, then I can't imagine what else would.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I got my bottle today and let me tell you, Demeter nailed it with this one! I've had it on for several hours now and love it.

This is a stemmy-green, true hyacinth in the pot or in the ground (we have both.) It is uncluttered with other notes. If you don't think this smells like a real hyacinth, then I can't imagine what else would.
    is it strong or light? This might be something my granddaughter might like.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Blog Entries

It's not obnoxiously strong, if that is your concern, but also not a mere body mist. I think it would be quite nice for a young girl.

I would certainly have worn it when I was young. In my day I was wearing soliflore Avon cream sachets (cream perfume in jars).

Demeter has a 15% off sale until Mother's Day, hednic. Also free 1 oz. of "Baby Shampoo" fragrance if you spend $30, and free shipping if you spend over $50.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    It's not obnoxiously strong, if that is your concern, but also not a mere body mist. I think it would be quite nice for a young girl.

I would certainly have worn it when I was young. In my day I was wearing soliflore Avon cream sachets (cream perfume in jars).

Demeter has a 15% off sale until Mother's Day, hednic. Also free 1 oz. of "Baby Shampoo" fragrance if you spend $30, and free shipping if you spend over $50.
    Thank you for all the info.

Blog Entries

It looks like their freebie has changed and is now Sour Apple Lollipop.

https://demeterfragrance.com

Basenotes Plus

Oh I've been thinking about this one. Thanks for the review 30Roses.

I know cestrum_nocturnum would be interested in this one, after she initiated that Hyacinth pass. The Tauer scent has such a wonderful hyacinth note.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Galop d'Hermès by Hermès