Code of Conduct

Post Fake Creed Royal Oud

Hello every one,

I just need some help from you experts out there to tell me if my bottle of Creed Royal Oud is fake or real. I have my doubt because it doesn't have a batch number engraved on the back, instead it is printed on the bottom of the base half erased and barely readable. It also came with an Arabic insert that has many spelling mistakes.

I bout it for 315 USD from an online store called Jumia Egypt it's sort of like ebay and amazon.

I was a blind buy so I don't know the original scent is, but this one gives a very aggressive spicy opening like a barber shop scent with a slight hint of One Man Show, clearly unlike any reviews I have read.

Please check the photos and let me know what you think.

https://imgur.com/gNnyV4Y

https://imgur.com/hs0EfB8

https://imgur.com/5fb7cmR

https://imgur.com/uMd4bj7

https://imgur.com/J2fGvEt

https://imgur.com/95C6lDK

Thank you.

Default Re: Fake Creed Royal Oud

looks totally real. and many creed bottles have the batch number printed on the rim/bottom that wears off easy.
    Currently wearing: Acqua Wood by Collistar

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred View Post
    looks totally real. and many creed bottles have the batch number printed on the rim/bottom that wears off easy.
    Thank you for your reply, but what about the Arabic insert with spelling mistakes?? Is this normal in other languages as well?
    Also someone mentioned that the sprayer was replaced with the new one back in 2013 but the lot number is from 2015....I 'm so confused to be honest

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

No expert, but from your photos it looks OK to my eyes.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Thank you, but I'm getting mixed reactions to the photos, that's why I'm so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by theaviator69 View Post
    Thank you for your reply, but what about the Arabic insert with spelling mistakes?? Is this normal in other languages as well?
    Also someone mentioned that the sprayer was replaced with the new one back in 2013 but the lot number is from 2015....I 'm so confused to be honest
    i have no idea about the arabic leaflet or what they look like only that legit bottles meant for that market do come with the different leaflet.

and there are 2015 bottles that still came with the 1st gen sprayer as i had one myself. the 1st gen sprayer is a bigger sign than anything it's legit as they've never been properly faked. in fact i've never seen a fake bottle of royal oud period.

Post Re: Fake Creed Royal Oud

i have no idea about the arabic leaflet or what they look like only that legit bottles meant for that market do come with the different leaflet.

and there are 2015 bottles that still came with the 1st gen sprayer as i had one myself. the 1st gen sprayer is a bigger sign than anything it's legit as they've never been properly faked. in fact i've never seen a fake bottle of royal oud period.

I see your point, but the following thread has a bottle that looks exactly like mine, same batch number and location, same sprayer, same loose cap...etc and it turned out to be fake

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/447...d-real-or-fake

That's why I'm so confused.

I see your point, but the following thread has a bottle that looks exactly like mine, same batch number and location, same sprayer, same loose cap...etc and it turned out to be fake

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/447...d-real-or-fake

That's why I'm so confused.
    that bottle is real too nobody in that thread is really sure one way or the other. it even has a picture with under the sprayer nozzle which confirms it.

and creed caps are nearly always loose.

you don't have to believe me but i am correct. after learning the identifying features and the actual confirmed fakes in existence (mainly aventus and the odd MI) it's incredibly easy to spot a fake. on the flipside it's easy to confirm a real bottle too.

that bottle is real too nobody in that thread is really sure one way or the other. it even has a picture with under the sprayer nozzle which confirms it.

and creed caps are nearly always loose.

you don't have to believe me but i am correct. after learning the identifying features and the actual confirmed fakes in existence (mainly aventus and the odd MI) it's incredibly easy to spot a fake. on the flipside it's easy to confirm a real bottle too.
    Thank you so much. I'm finally convinced and will take your word for it. This is my first creed bottle and in the middle east one has to be paranoid when it comes to fragrances because we get a lot of fakes. Besides, seeing the misspellings on the Arabic leaflet made me suspicious. But I must say this scent so addictive and I get about 8 hours longevity on my skin which is awesome for the Egyptian climate this time of year.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me figuring it out.

Kind regards

Thank you so much. I'm finally convinced and will take your word for it. This is my first creed bottle and in the middle east one has to be paranoid when it comes to fragrances because we get a lot of fakes. Besides, seeing the misspellings on the Arabic leaflet made me suspicious. But I must say this scent so addictive and I get about 8 hours longevity on my skin which is awesome for the Egyptian climate this time of year.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me figuring it out.

Kind regards
    no worries homie. the amount of creed fakes is hugely overstated (hence all the threads asking if real bottles are fake) and especially the first gen style sprayer all known fakes are easily identified by both the tubing and a weird metal ring under the nozzle cap. they never got anywhere near to properly copying the details of the OG sprayer. and any fakes besides Aventus are so laughably bad (the MI ones for example) you wouldn't need to ask. also at the time of writing there are no known fakes of the newer size (50 & 100ml) bottles.

it's Aventus where all the fakery goes down and there's a new breed of scammers refilling real bottles so you gotta know where to get your juice from if buying outside retail.

no worries homie. the amount of creed fakes is hugely overstated (hence all the threads asking if real bottles are fake) and especially the first gen style sprayer all known fakes are easily identified by both the tubing and a weird metal ring under the nozzle cap. they never got anywhere near to properly copying the details of the OG sprayer. and any fakes besides Aventus are so laughably bad (the MI ones for example) you wouldn't need to ask. also at the time of writing there are no known fakes of the newer size (50 & 100ml) bottles.

it's Aventus where all the fakery goes down and there's a new breed of scammers refilling real bottles so you gotta know where to get your juice from if buying outside retail.
    Exactly, some member on another thread was saying that Creed are well know for inconsistencies. and because of these inconsistencies people get so paranoid about their Creed bottles. But here in the ME we get fakes all the time, fake watches, fake fountain pens and fragrances. it's really bad.

This guy is selling colognes at very discounted prices. Do you think they are original or fake?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/globalparf/...1&_ipg=&_from=

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Clive-Chris...QAAOSwtZJZAQwP

Quote Originally Posted by aman9155 View Post
    This guy is selling colognes at very discounted prices. Do you think they are original or fake?

I'm no expert, so can't help you here. Sorry.

Basenotes Plus

If something is questionable, don't buy it. It's really that simple. Find someone and some where you trust that way you divert the worrying. It seems a large majority of people are questioning the authenticity of their Creeds and having members help with the process. It's really getting old. No offense OP, but if you don't know if it is real or not, don't buy it. Its really that simple. Have a good one.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    If something is questionable, don't buy it. It's really that simple. Find someone and some where you trust that way you divert the worrying. It seems a large majority of people are questioning the authenticity of their Creeds and having members help with the process. It's really getting old. No offense OP, but if you don't know if it is real or not, don't buy it. Its really that simple. Have a good one.
    and from the ones i'm seeing if it's not aventus every time it's real. and what do you know, 99% of the known fakes are of aventus. the rest of the creed line-up just isn't popular in comparison hence the vast majority have never been faked. if they can't even make a convincing fake of aventus (for people who know what to look for) chances anyone would bother copying the others are slim-none.

i know MI has been faked but the fakes are so bad you'd never need to ask. there's this extreme paranoia around creed probably because of the aforementioned aventus fakes being so widespread but it's completely unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowan View Post
    Totally agree with you, but where I live it's a little complicated as we can't use amazon or ebay or buy from authorised dealers online due to some stupid government policy so sometimes we have to take risks. But you are absolutely right if in doubt don't buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

and from the ones i'm seeing if it's not aventus every time it's real. and what do you know, 99% of the known fakes are of aventus. the rest of the creed line-up just isn't popular in comparison hence the vast majority have never been faked. if they can't even make a convincing fake of aventus (for people who know what to look for) chances anyone would bother copying the others are slim-none.

i know MI has been faked but the fakes are so bad you'd never need to ask. there's this extreme paranoia around creed probably because of the aforementioned aventus fakes being so widespread but it's completely unwarranted.
    I guess people are overly paranoid about Creed because of the hefty price they have to pay. It also depends on where you are in the world a couple of ago I came a cross a bottle of fake armani ADG, I held it in my hand and it looked incredibly real but the scent of the juice inside gave it away immediately because I know how the real one smells like. It's like you said in an earlier post some scammers refill real bottles making it a lot more difficult to identify especially for blind buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by aman9155 View Post

Unless you're from there yourself, why would you ever buy anything from Russia?