Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    Default Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    Sorry, but I couldn’t find a better place to post this suggestion, then I had to post in here.
    I’d like to suggest the creation of a subforum just like the one for Aventus to organize threads regarding launchments of perfumes. It would turn the search easier and keep the discussion threads flowing better.
    Currently wearing: Versace Man by Versace

  2. #2

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    Sounds like a good idea

  3. #3
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    2,962

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    it's been suggested before. The General Fragrance Discussion has certainly been spammed lately. Really ruining it over there.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  4. #4
    Missing Oakmoss

    Bonnette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,107

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    I agree, that would be a big help.

  5. #5
    Community Manager

    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    We are discussing different solutions, just give us a minute
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  6. #6
    Community Manager

    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    So, we are going to try something and see how it works.

    We are going to make stickies in the General, Female and Male forum where info about new releases can be posted. If you want to discuss a particular new scent I suggest you create a new thread about it in one of the forums. It's not forbidden to post comments in the sticky-threads, it's just that longer discussions are going to become unwieldy as the threads grow, so it's better to do it somewhere else.

    I want to thank everyone, Hednic especially, for posting about new launches. It has resulted in high google ranking for Basenotes, meaning high visibility and more people stopping by and getting to know the site and all the lovely people gathered here . Please keep posting about new fragrances all of you, it's a great asset to the site!
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  7. #7
    Missing Oakmoss

    Bonnette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,107

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    The sticky thing could get unwieldy, but maybe it will work...I can see how it might be less unwieldy than a subforum, actually.

    I am flabbergasted by the sheer volume of new releases. Does perfume really sell that well in this day and age?
    Last edited by Bonnette; 24th April 2018 at 05:00 PM.

  8. #8
    Community Manager

    furrypine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Oslo
    Posts
    6,334

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    The sticky thing could get unwieldy, but maybe it will work...I can see how it might be less unwieldy than a subforum, actually.

    I am flabbergasted by the sheer volume of new releases. Does perfume really sell that well in this day and age?
    Lot of summer flankers being released these days, isn't it? I guess they sell well enough for one production run but not well enough to make a second batch. The rate of discontinuation is dizzying.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

  9. #9
    Missing Oakmoss

    Bonnette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,107

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Lot of summer flankers being released these days, isn't it? I guess they sell well enough for one production run but not well enough to make a second batch. The rate of discontinuation is dizzying.
    That makes sense. You're so right about the discontinuation rate...even really good, popular fragrances seem to be here today and gone tomorrow (Midnight in Paris, Sahara Noir spring immediately to mind).

  10. #10

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    So, we are going to try something and see how it works.

    We are going to make stickies in the General, Female and Male forum where info about new releases can be posted. If you want to discuss a particular new scent I suggest you create a new thread about it in one of the forums. It's not forbidden to post comments in the sticky-threads, it's just that longer discussions are going to become unwieldy as the threads grow, so it's better to do it somewhere else.

    I want to thank everyone, Hednic especially, for posting about new launches. It has resulted in high google ranking for Basenotes, meaning high visibility and more people stopping by and getting to know the site and all the lovely people gathered here . Please keep posting about new fragrances all of you, it's a great asset to the site!
    Nice. Lets see how it works, right? A new A* Men will surely need one separated thread. Hahaha. Thank you Furrypine for the always prompt support and Hednic for the efforts and for keeping us updated. This is how a community should work.
    Currently wearing: Versace Man by Versace

  11. #11
    Basenotes Plus

    Cook.bot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Carolinas
    Posts
    3,262

    Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

    I noticed the new stickies today before I saw this thread. This seems like a great idea, especially breaking it down by season -- that way, each sticky won't become quite so massive and hard to search later. Then as each seasonal thread is replaced, it can just fade back into the archive until someone needs to search it.

    Good job, mods!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 20th December 2017, 10:35 PM
  2. Replies: 125
    Last Post: 26th September 2016, 02:43 AM
  3. Pineapple fragrances, Gingerbread Fragrances, Cherry leather where are you?
    By SpaceAboveSky in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 10th May 2016, 09:46 PM
  4. Winter/Cold fragrances compared to Summer/Warm fragrances?
    By SpaceAboveSky in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th January 2012, 03:25 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 3rd November 2011, 02:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000