Code of Conduct

Default Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

Sorry, but I couldn’t find a better place to post this suggestion, then I had to post in here.
    I’d like to suggest the creation of a subforum just like the one for Aventus to organize threads regarding launchments of perfumes. It would turn the search easier and keep the discussion threads flowing better.
    Currently wearing: Versace Man by Versace

Default Re: Suforum for new fragrances and launchments

Sounds like a good idea

User of Toilet Water

it's been suggested before. The General Fragrance Discussion has certainly been spammed lately. Really ruining it over there.
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Missing Oakmoss

I agree, that would be a big help.

Community Manager

We are discussing different solutions, just give us a minute
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker
    Currently wearing: Terre d'Hermès by Hermès

Community Manager

So, we are going to try something and see how it works.

We are going to make stickies in the General, Female and Male forum where info about new releases can be posted. If you want to discuss a particular new scent I suggest you create a new thread about it in one of the forums. It's not forbidden to post comments in the sticky-threads, it's just that longer discussions are going to become unwieldy as the threads grow, so it's better to do it somewhere else.

I want to thank everyone, Hednic especially, for posting about new launches. It has resulted in high google ranking for Basenotes, meaning high visibility and more people stopping by and getting to know the site and all the lovely people gathered here . Please keep posting about new fragrances all of you, it's a great asset to the site!
    - Dorothy Parker

Missing Oakmoss

The sticky thing could get unwieldy, but maybe it will work...I can see how it might be less unwieldy than a subforum, actually.

I am flabbergasted by the sheer volume of new releases. Does perfume really sell that well in this day and age?
    Last edited by Bonnette; 24th April 2018 at 05:00 PM.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    The sticky thing could get unwieldy, but maybe it will work...I can see how it might be less unwieldy than a subforum, actually.

I am flabbergasted by the sheer volume of new releases. Does perfume really sell that well in this day and age?
    Lot of summer flankers being released these days, isn't it? I guess they sell well enough for one production run but not well enough to make a second batch. The rate of discontinuation is dizzying.
    - Dorothy Parker

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    Lot of summer flankers being released these days, isn't it? I guess they sell well enough for one production run but not well enough to make a second batch. The rate of discontinuation is dizzying.
    That makes sense. You're so right about the discontinuation rate...even really good, popular fragrances seem to be here today and gone tomorrow (Midnight in Paris, Sahara Noir spring immediately to mind).

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    So, we are going to try something and see how it works.

We are going to make stickies in the General, Female and Male forum where info about new releases can be posted. If you want to discuss a particular new scent I suggest you create a new thread about it in one of the forums. It's not forbidden to post comments in the sticky-threads, it's just that longer discussions are going to become unwieldy as the threads grow, so it's better to do it somewhere else.

I want to thank everyone, Hednic especially, for posting about new launches. It has resulted in high google ranking for Basenotes, meaning high visibility and more people stopping by and getting to know the site and all the lovely people gathered here . Please keep posting about new fragrances all of you, it's a great asset to the site!
    Nice. Lets see how it works, right? A new A* Men will surely need one separated thread. Hahaha. Thank you Furrypine for the always prompt support and Hednic for the efforts and for keeping us updated. This is how a community should work.
    Currently wearing: Versace Man by Versace

Basenotes Plus

I noticed the new stickies today before I saw this thread. This seems like a great idea, especially breaking it down by season -- that way, each sticky won't become quite so massive and hard to search later. Then as each seasonal thread is replaced, it can just fade back into the archive until someone needs to search it.

Good job, mods!