Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Let's Dance
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,076

    Default Scarosso Shoes ....

    Anyone has any experience with this company? I'm considering a pair of Chelsea boots, but wondering about how it compares with other companies. The price is not that expensive if one buys from the US, but is expensive for a Canadian order. On their website the shoes look nice, but photos reveal little. It would be great to hear from someone who has used them.

    Thank you!
    Currently wearing: Voyageur by Jean Patou

  2. #2

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    I have never heard of them but they do look very nice indeed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I really like them. I discovered that there is a store here in Frankfurt. I'll pay them a visit next week when I'll be there.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

  3. #3
    Let's Dance
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,076

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    I have never heard of them but they do look very nice indeed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I really like them. I discovered that there is a store here in Frankfurt. I'll pay them a visit next week when I'll be there.
    Thanks, it'd be good to hear your thoughts.
    Currently wearing: Voyageur by Jean Patou

  4. #4

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    The shoes are very nice. I tried quite a few pairs on.
    Oxfords are not as good as those by Crockett and Jones but good nevertheless. They have less stiff soles than most english shoes.

    I've been looking for Chelsea boots for ages now. These are very nice. They are not bulky, not too wide, toes are not square. The biggest disadvantage I was able to find having them on for 2 minutes was somewhat stiff leather, I imagine it will 'crumple (?)' I can't find a word.
    What I mean is they might have a distinct wrinkles in the places, where the shoes bents, when one lifts one's heel before the toes. It might be true for all Chelsea boots, it might happen a little quicker with those.

    When I was there I almost bought one pair of loafers. The lady was kind enough to inform me about the 50€ discount for the first online purchase.

    Here is what I almost bought for my new casual outfits:
    GIGIOLOAF_BRDSUED_05.jpg
    received_1674846355964582.jpeg

    I have bought this belt just 3 days ago and I think these shoes would go well with it.
    received_1674846399297911.jpeg

    Tell me if you have any discounts available to you Vagabond. I can see 50€ of first online purchase as well as -15% but I can't get them both to be applied on my order. Anyway 165€ is a rather agreeable price.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

  5. #5
    Let's Dance
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,076

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    The shoes are very nice. I tried quite a few pairs on.
    Oxfords are not as good as those by Crockett and Jones but good nevertheless. They have less stiff soles than most english shoes.

    I've been looking for Chelsea boots for ages now. These are very nice. They are not bulky, not too wide, toes are not square. The biggest disadvantage I was able to find having them on for 2 minutes was somewhat stiff leather, I imagine it will 'crumple (?)' I can't find a word.
    What I mean is they might have a distinct wrinkles in the places, where the shoes bents, when one lifts one's heel before the toes. It might be true for all Chelsea boots, it might happen a little quicker with those.

    Tell me if you have any discounts available to you Vagabond. I can see 50€ of first online purchase as well as -15% but I can't get them both to be applied on my order. Anyway 165€ is a rather agreeable price.
    Hey man, thanks a lot for your post. I can only find the -15% off first order, I don't see the 50€ off offer.

    If I were in the US I would have bought a pair from them by now. I think it was coming out to about $250 usd, when I started the thread. The same pair is about 325€ when buying from Canada because of shipping and taxes. This has put me off from ordering something from Allen Edmonds as well, the tax and shipping are way too much.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @Pallas,

    Any experience with this brand? No Chelsea boots though ...

    https://www.vass-shoes.com/en/collec.../0/0/0/0/basic
    Currently wearing: Voyageur by Jean Patou

  6. #6

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    Their ads flooded my Instagram feed only this week. Perhaps after I followed Scarosso. I don't really know anything about them though. They don't look that good to be honest.

    Have you ever tried Shoepassion? Their prices used to be much better but I was able to buy everything I wanted for 50% of the original price or less. You just need to have enough patience to wait for the last sale. I've bought a pair of boots for 50eur when the original price was 400eur. Good quality.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

  7. #7
    Let's Dance
    freewheelingvagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    17,076

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    Their ads flooded my Instagram feed only this week. Perhaps after I followed Scarosso. I don't really know anything about them though. They don't look that good to be honest.

    Have you ever tried Shoepassion? Their prices used to be much better but I was able to buy everything I wanted for 50% of the original price or less. You just need to have enough patience to wait for the last sale. I've bought a pair of boots for 50eur when the original price was 400eur. Good quality.

    "Their ads flooded my Instagram feed only this week." - that's a red flag for me, and thanks for your feedback as well. I've never tried shoepassion, thanks for the link. They do look good!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Pallas Athena View Post
    Have you ever tried Shoepassion? Their prices used to be much better but I was able to buy everything I wanted for 50% of the original price or less. You just need to have enough patience to wait for the last sale. I've bought a pair of boots for 50eur when the original price was 400eur. Good quality.
    I might even place an order tomorrow, but do you know of any current coupon code?

    Thanks.
    Currently wearing: Voyageur by Jean Patou

  8. #8

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    I'd wait for Xmas. Pretty much everything will be -50%. I seem to get pop-ups with coupons when I browse from my phone. Either my adblock prevents them from appearing or they have some coding error. I have 3 different discount codes from Scarosso but the 50€ is the best and they don't stack unfortunately.

    "Their ads flooded my Instagram feed only this week." - that's a red flag for me
    Make it yellow. I see where you are coming from but they might have a trendy young person doing their marketing and honestly promotion on Instagram is very cheap. I only have my account to work as a shopping assistant and newsletter for sales.
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

  9. #9

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    Bought two pairs of scarosso, one monk, and one derby. Very good quality for the price and very smooth shopping experience online.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Scarosso Shoes ....

    The sales are slowly starting. I bought a pair
    STEFANOLOAF_BROSUED_01.jpg
    I paid exactly 100€!
    “You must have a perfume. A perfume is the perfect type of a perfect pleasure. It is exquisite, and it leaves one unsatisfied. What more can one want?” Oscar Wilde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000