Code of Conduct

Default Creed Aventus - is this a fake?

Afternoon,

First post for me, so hopefully you won't be too harsh on me. I appreciate this has been asked millions of times previously, but here goes. My car valeter has a air freshner which resembles Creed Aventus. Instantly fell in love with it and thought I would purchase a bottle. Spotted the price and thought, let's see if we can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Jumped on eBay (yep, I know!) and found a 'genuine' 120ml on a bid without the box, threw a £70 top offer and ended up winning. Great, I've got a £200+ 120ml of EDP for next to nothing. Little did I realise, how often these we're cloned.

Let me know if it's a fake, I don't really care too much to be honest as it smells great and I don't buy EDT/EDP for the bottles, I buy them for the scent.

Thanks all!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Creed Aventus - is this a fake?

Welcome to you Thril! Enjoy your time here at Basenotes! No expert at detecting fakes, but from your photos, I don't see anything that would raise a red flag, unless I am missing something obvious that others see.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Basenotes Plus

There's a sticky thread up top for these sort of queries, so this will be moved there.

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/406...e-Fake-threads

(As an aside, whenever I see these type of questions about this particular fragrance I'm reminded of this song by Miss Peggy Lee.)

Most worn:

Black Comme des Garçons, Borneo 1834 Serge Lutens, Patchouli Santa Maria Novella

Dependent

In addition to Scarce's comment, there's also a thread specifically for questions regarding Aventus. It could be moved to either one, but most likely the 'is mine fake?' thread as aforementioned.

Worth checking the Aventus subforum out if you're into all things Aventus.

Basenotes Plus

Hi Thrill,

The correct sub-forum is: http://www.basenotes.net/forums/284-Perfume-Appraisals

Also, if it is a fake, please don't wear that on your skin. You should care if it's a fake as who knows what in the heck goes into the fakes and they're most likely not regulated. Think about your body absorbing unknown chemicals. If it's fake, try to get a refund and then maybe toss it.
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

You don't care if it's a fake?

Like ILikePeeps said, how do you know what you are putting on yourself is even safe?

If you like Aventus or something that smells something similar to it - get Aventus - or a clone. At least a clone of Aventus has the company's name behind it. A blatant fake could have absolutely ANYTHING in it. And if you are not SURE it's legit, don't bother - you will never fully enjoy it always wondering if what you just sprayed is harmful for your skin - or your lungs...

Don't eat anything a stranger hands you in the park. Same reason.
    Current Spring Favorites:

1. Creed - Spice & Wood
    2. by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    3. Dior - Vetiver
    4. Clive Christian - 1872 for Men
    5. Tom Ford - Rive d’Ambre
    6. Ermenegildo Zegna - Javanese Patchouli
    7. Les Nez - Turtle Vetiver Back
    8. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver EDP
    9. Creed - Green Valley
    10. Parfumerie Generale - Grand Siecle Intense 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by dougczar View Post
    You don't care if it's a fake?

Like ILikePeeps said, how do you know what you are putting on yourself is even safe?

If you like Aventus or something that smells something similar to it - get Aventus - or a clone. At least a clone of Aventus has the company's name behind it. A blatant fake could have absolutely ANYTHING in it. And if you are not SURE it's legit, don't bother - you will never fully enjoy it always wondering if what you just sprayed is harmful for your skin - or your lungs...

Don't eat anything a stranger hands you in the park. Same reason.

It looks like it has the old school Creed sprayer (as in pre-2014 I believe), but the Lot # printed on the bottom appears to be from 2016.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Thanks all for your comments, really appreciate it. Sorry, I am new here so only found the sub forum once I had posted.

Could someone please help identify whether or not this is fake? Cheers!

Hi & welcome!,
    Sticky & subforum aside (and also that I'm no Creed connoisseur), this looks pretty legit.

Only one Little thing that makes me wonder is, that it is labeled as a tester ('Testeur') and normally there's also mentioned on testers that it isn't allowed to sell them.
    Maybe other owners of Aventus testers could check this more profundly.

Basenotes Plus

Another good point brought up - the sprayer type is maybe not even correct for that entire year, let alone that batch! They stopped using the 'firehose' sprayer type in... 2014/2015 or so? That batch is 'supposedly' 16C01, which is 2016.

Toss it or refund!
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

Its a 2014 prior bottle with a 2016 C01 stamp on it. That's too strange for me. I'm calling fake. Have a good day!
    Currently wearing: Luna Rossa Carbon by Prada

Definitely fake I'm afraid.

Yes it is and Bitterly disappointed to say I got done today with a fake one from a seller on EBay.
    Seller had good feedback from various people who bought from this person but it was fake like yours.

No white ring under the sprayer, the cap slides on rather then clicks on, in picture 2 like yours the leather is not metting
    The Logo like the real thing does, but worst of all scent is the real give away it smells like Aventus for like 5 minutes then dies to no scent at all.

First time I’ve been caught slipping. - Feed back counts for shit. To many Amateur people buying fake Aventus thinking it’s the real one cause they they’ve never purchased a real one.

Thanks all for your advice, I have just purchased what I hope is a genuine product from nose.fr - £170 for the 100ml EDP of Creed Aventus. If this is fake, I give up!

Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by Thrill View Post
    Thanks all for your advice, I have just purchased what I hope is a genuine product from nose.fr - £170 for the 100ml EDP of Creed Aventus. If this is fake, I give up!

Cheers all
    Nose.fr is an authorized Creed retailer, zero chances of you receiving a fake from them.

Cool Re: Creed Aventus - is this a fake?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasawolf View Post
    Judging by the pictures it's a genuine bottle