Code of Conduct
    Let's Dance

Lightbulb (need feedback please) Marginally altered or severely compromised .... ?

In their current state .....

Eau de Rochas pour Homme
    Capucci pour Homme
    Cabochard
    Cabotine
    Oscar for Men (yellow)
    Magie Noire
    Dunhill Edition
    Knowing
    Private Collection
    Touch for Men

Many thanks for your insights!

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: (need feedback please) Marginally altered or severely compromised .... ?

Can only address one - Eau De Rochas - IMO very marginally altered in its current state, having recently tried what's out there now and owning the original.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Default Re: (need feedback please) Marginally altered or severely compromised .... ?

Capucci pour Homme .................. smells very close , but vanishes as it dries ! ver very low sillage and longevity
    Dunhill Edition ..... is not as bold and strong in sillage but similiar in essence to vntge , hangs in ok .

Currently wearing: Rochas Lui by Rochas

Always be smelling

Dunhill Edition is a joke.
    Capucci PH is not bad, just a bit different than vintage. Has lost the leathery aspect and has become a decent citrus.
    Cabochard was OK but I do not remember vintage so can't compare

EDIT:
    Just saw Dimitrios response. Disagree on Edition
    It is my fav and no one messes with it
    Beauty needs no morality or righteousness.
    It, like nature, does not give a shit
    Currently wearing: Messe de Minuit by Etro

Let's Dance

Guys, thanks a lot for your feedback - much appreciated!

I'm going to dig up and read reviews of Cabochard and Cabotine.

Missing Oakmoss

Of the current perfumes on your list, I've only smelled three: Magie Noire EDT, Cabochard EDP and Knowing EDP. It's been 2-3 years since I purchased them, so my information might not be up-to-date. I found Magie Noire to be quite good (an improvement on a previously awful reformulation) - it smells very much like my vintage bottle. Cabochard is so-so, lacking the punch of the original but with outlines intact. Knowing was a huge disappointment - it's now a pleasant floral, without the chypre bite it once had.

Agree with Bonnette on Magie Noire and Knowing, haven't tried the new Cabochard (the 90s version was still great). Private Collection is a bit more synthetic now, but I think it's still quite true to the original. It looks like it's been discontinued though, which is a shame.
    Currently wearing: Treazon by Ayala Moriel

Dependent

Side question : Knowing is a feminine scent , right ? Or can it be unisex ? (I never smelled it )

Missing Oakmoss

Quote Originally Posted by Avecesar View Post
    Side question : Knowing is a feminine scent , right ? Or can it be unisex ? (I never smelled it )
    It's marketed to women, but anyone can wear it.

I would second that Dunhill Edition is not good in its most recent formulation.
    The only other one from your list which I tried in both older (original) and newer formulation is Oscar for Men (yellow), and I did not perceive much difference between the two versions.
    Incidentally, some find Oscar for Men rather close to Dunhill Edition; so, it could be a good replacement in its current formulation.

I agree about Magie Noire, in its current formulation it's very close to the original. I own several vintages from the 80s and the 90s. In my opinion nothing can compare to the very early formulations, but the new one is well made and stands out from the crowd