Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default For Those Considering Hacivat Nishane as a Potential Aventus substitute...

Don't do it! It's quite awful. How bad you ask? I dabbed my wrist with a sample from Twisted Lilly before heading out to the post office. The poor postal worker literally jerked her head back and asked me to read the rest of the tracking number from my phone instead of her reading it herself. We actually laughed about it afterward. It's not listed as a note, but all I'm getting his a lot of cardamom as in a whole Turkish bazaaar's worth of cardamom. The pineapple opening ghosts away in minutes like a terrible Tinder date in a Turkish restaurant and you're left with a confused Ottoman waiter man with two entrees in his hand. I don't see any real comparison with Aventus nor do I think it's worth the asking price. Just my thoughts but YMMV!

Default Re: For Those Considering Hacivat Nishane as a Potential Aventus substitute...

Nonsense

I think it's safe to say what you sampled wasn't Hacivat. It's not even close to anything you're describing.
    Basenotes sales: Tiffany for Men Concen, de Bachmakov, Atelier Vetiver Fatal, Tiffany for Men mini, 17 Cuba Paris frags, L'Essence de Cerruti, Reyane Insurrection, numerous popular SAMPLES! http://www.basenotes.net/threads/419...ples-amp-More!

Crystal Flacon sales: Prelude to Love, Noir de Noir, SAMPLES! http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=626

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: For Those Considering Hacivat Nishane as a Potential Aventus substitute...

I enjoyed reading your commentary from the moment you mentioned "cardamom"
    Last edited by hednic; 3rd May 2018 at 11:45 PM.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Dependent

With a name like "7thDayAventus" no wonder you'd make a post like this. I concur with RedRaider430 - you are either making things up, or what you smelled was not Hacivat. Hacivat is a very simple, light, and pleasant fragrance. No one on this planet should have a reaction to it like you described.

Disclaimer: I own a bottle, so I know what it smells like from the actual bottle - not from a random sample that may have been mislabeled.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    With a name like "7thDayAventus" no wonder you'd make a post like this. I concur with RedRaider430 - you are either making things up, or what you smelled was not Hacivat. Hacivat is a very simple, light, and pleasant fragrance. No one on this planet should have a reaction to it like you described.

Disclaimer: I own a bottle, so I know what it smells like from the actual bottle - not from a random sample that may have been mislabeled.
    Yeah, I was being a bit cheeky. However, your response is a bit hyperbolic, yeah? Personally, I didn't find the scent nearly as offensive as the poor postal worker, but I also didn't think it warrants much praise or comparison to Aventus. This is an Aventus forum after all. The pineapple opening was most definitely there. Afterward, the cardamom note became hopelessly pronounced. Is that note, in fact, cardamom? Maybe not. Maybe, it's a note I'm mistaking as cardamom. Regardless, whatever that note is, I don't dig it. It's not terrible, but not something I'd go out of my way to seek. I ordered the sample from here: http://twistedlily.com/shop/chypre/hacivat/ They seem quite legitimate.

Dependent

Quote Originally Posted by 7thDayAventus View Post
    Yeah, I was being a bit cheeky.
    [...]
    The pineapple opening was most definitely there.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but... I think you just made the same mistake that every other person here on this Aventus subforum makes. You see pineapple in the notes, and you instantly think "OMG L33T OMG OMG OMG Aventus clone!!!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!" Hacivat is no Aventus clone, not even close. It just happens to have pineaple in its notes, that's all.

If you want an "Aventus clone" that has other notes and overall composition and smell somewhat similar or closer to actual Aventus, try something like Royal Vintage, or Club de Nuit Intense, or Insurrection II Pure - these scents purposely include pineapple AND woody/birch/tar/smoky notes. Hacivat on the other hand completely avoids the birch/tar/smoke - which is what really makes Aventus. In other words - don't concentrate on the opening pineapple and automatically assume it's Aventus wannabe. Not every pineapple, even the royal kind, aspires to become Aventus when they grow up.
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but... I think you just made the same mistake that every other person here on this Aventus subforum makes. You see pineapple in the notes, and you instantly think "OMG L33T OMG OMG OMG Aventus clone!!!!!! ELEVENTY!!!!!" Hacivat is no Aventus clone, not even close. It just happens to have pineaple in its notes, that's all. Not every fragrance with pineapple in it aspires to be "yet another Aventus clone."
    Actually, I didn't. That's why ordered a sample instead of blind buying a full bottle. I was simply curious. I expected it to possibly rhyme with Aventus or share some notes, but that's about it. It received some praise here and elsewhere. It turns out that I also find it quite unpleasant. You're defending it as though you had a hand it making it . It's just a fragrance, my man.

weird i never got a cardamom note or anything close, just a super sweet bright pineapple note with incredible longevity. nice if you want something that goes in that direction, though i don't.
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

To me, it smells like a citrusy cleaning product Pass.
    My current top 10:

I. Ambre Nuit ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀VI. Bois Doré
    II. Bouquet Ideale⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ VII. Secret Amber
    III. Rosendo Mateu 5 ⠀ ⠀ VIII. Spiritueuse Double Vanille
    IV. Rehab⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ IX. Fève Délicieuse
    V. Dama Bianca ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀X. Ivory Route