Code of Conduct

Default Help! Does anyone know how to deal with a wax seal(?) of vintage TABU (with pics)

Last week I won an auction of new-vintage Tabu cologne, but don't know how to deal with the wax seal on it.

The seal(?) seems quite odd, like a mousse foundation makeup, which is wheaten colored, sticky, but without any unpleasant smell.
    It can easily be removed to a certain extent, but still some residues left and I have no idea how to deal with it.

Could anyone please kindly advise on how to resolve this? Thanks so much!

微信图片_20180505181126.jpg

Missing Oakmoss

Default Re: Help! Does anyone know how to deal with a wax seal(?) of vintage TABU (with pics)

It's not wax, it's the remnants of an organic seal that is not a problem and can safely remain place - no need to remove it.

Default Re: Help! Does anyone know how to deal with a wax seal(?) of vintage TABU (with pics)

It's hard to tell exactly what you have going on there, but it looks to me as though you have a metal crimped cap that was underneath that black plastic cap. Pry it off and clean your bottle with cotton with a little alcohol.

Alternatively, you are seeing the inner cap which was formerly glued inside the black cap and has become stuck on the top of the bottle. Again, remove, clean, and try to stick it back inside.

Here's a photo of my vintage Tabu cologne, with the top off.

IMG_2728.jpg

Tabu cologne would not have a baudruchage seal.
    Currently wearing: Parfum Sacré by Caron

Thank you both.
    Exactly. I was later told that it is a melting inner cap, a kind of rubber plug to keep the contents from spilling.
    I have several vintage bottles and some of them do with a rubber inner plug. But this is the first time that I realized it would melt down like this.
    Horrible

Missing Oakmoss

But it won't affect how your perfume smells, springsoushi...and vintage Tabu is just wonderful. Enjoy it to the full.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    But it won't affect how your perfume smells, springsoushi...and vintage Tabu is just wonderful. Enjoy it to the full.
    I enjoyed it very much. Thank you