Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Junkie

Default in search of vintage aramis--need advice about buying quality juice on ebay

Hello ladies and gentlemen, and happy Mother's Day to you moms!

I'm a long time lover of aramis classic, and am disappointed in the current formulation. My only experience with buying vintage aramis was on ebay about 3 months ago. It was a splash bottle that smelled more like vinegar with a medicinal quality to it, and I sent it back.

Would love to find and purchase a vintage bottle pre-oak moss restriction days--either splash or spray. Does anyone here know of a reputable ebay dealer that you've purchased quality vintage aramis from? What should I look for and consider before purchasing this classic vintage juice on ebay? Is splash more likely to have turned than spray? Are there specific questions I should email the seller before purchasing? Thank you so much!

Default Re: in search of vintage aramis--need advice about buying quality juice on ebay

If you don't want to deal with going the vintage route a great alternative that is still currently available is the EDT Concentree shown below in frosted bottle. This formulation is as close as you can get to the original 60's/70's Aramis in my opinion.

aramis-aramis-eau-de-toilette-concentr_e-110-ml.jpg
    "The prettier the rose the fouler the manure"

Basenotes Junkie

Default Re: in search of vintage aramis--need advice about buying quality juice on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by coldmountain View Post
    If you don't want to deal with going the vintage route a great alternative that is still currently available is the EDT Concentree shown below in frosted bottle. This formulation is as close as you can get to the original 60's/70's Aramis in my opinion.

aramis-aramis-eau-de-toilette-concentr_e-110-ml.jpg
    Thank you coldmountain. Will give this a try. Saw it listed on ebay in new bottles at a good price from a highly rated seller.

edit: btw, do you know about when this was Where did you purchase yours?