Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 205
o
  1. #61
    Shaheen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,259

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Grant,

    Is there a way to donate without using PayPal? PayPal is an eBay subsidiary, and eBay is the damned Devil.

    Please let me know or PM if me if necessary, I'd like to send a money order or something.

    Thanks!

    Shaheen

  2. #62

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Is there a way to donate without using PayPal? PayPal is an eBay subsidiary, and eBay is the damned Devil.
    PayPal has been spun off from eBay a couple of years ago.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Hello all

    I'm pretty overwhelmed with not only the generosity of all of you, but also some of the kind words you've been sending too!

    I really appreciate it.

    I'm going to catch up with serving Martini's tomorrow -- been distracted doing boring prep for GDPR -- but I just wanted to say a big, big thanks.

    I'll post an update soon on the plans for the new site too

    Cheers lovelies



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Do we get a notification when our Basenotes Plus membership is up for renewal? Because I must be close...
    A Greater Monster, The Kickstarter Letters & Death by Zamboni
    daviddavid.net
    And my art store on Etsy

    > Gold Medal for "Outstanding Book of the Year" in Independent Publisher Book Awards
    > National Indie Excellence Book Award finalist
    > A Greater Monster named a "Top 10 Book of 2012" by Common Ills blog
    > Listed in "10 Hot Chicago Reads for Chilly Nights" on Refinery29.com

  4. #64

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    I'll have a vodka martini, please!
    I'll have what she's having, bartender! Thank you Grant for everything!

  5. #65
    Basenotes Member Taskphorce01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    64

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Hi Grant, I would love to help out with adding perfumes to the directory if possible. Lord knows I request ENOUGH additions to the directory! My OCD will not allow perfumes to NOT be in my wardrobe. The anxiety begins to kick in LOL
    Currently wearing: Begum by Xerjoff

  6. #66
    Missing Oakmoss

    Bonnette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,618

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Do we get a notification when our Basenotes Plus membership is up for renewal? Because I must be close...
    I got a renewal notification a few days ago, so you probably will when your renewal date rolls around. You can see exactly when you subscribed by going to your profile page and clicking on the Subscriptions link in the vertical navigation bar on the left.

  7. #67
    Super Member xaml's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Blashyrkh
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by hoschhti View Post
    Took the money that was originally intended for starving children in Africa and donated it to Grant. He needs it more.
    And the numerous layers of tastelessness held by this sentence of course are supposed to be humorous.

  8. #68

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Done!
    Currently wearing: Les Années 25 by Tauer

  9. #69

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Done. Basenotes forever!

  10. #70
    Dependent
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Internet Tubes
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    While waiting for Grant to fix me a martini... I decided to self-medicate and made a couple of them myself tonight.

    "Make Basenotes Great Again!"

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  11. #71
    New Member
    Tim Cooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Make mine a Mohito Thanks for your dedication to the site

  12. #72
    Basenotes Plus


    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    168

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Done.
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

  13. #73
    Dependent HFMIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Grant,

    Glad to see you have a new and exciting vision for the future of Basenotes. It sounds like an excellent idea, I've always enjoyed phpBB, but I'm sure there are better options out there these days.

    I am curious when the changes come will there be a reset of wardrobe / wear tracking or will you be able to carry over the information?

  14. #74

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Very supportive of the upgrade Grant.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Hey Grant...done. My basenotes name is my name on here - forgot to include on the Paypal payment - DOH! I just made it now, though!
    All i could send at the moment. Thanks so much! Great site...keep up the great work.

  16. #76
    Dependent
    Vmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    eBay is the damned Devil.
    In order to acquire some of those hard-to-get fragrances, it is a necessary evil.
    Veni, Vidi, Ego Emit.
    ( I came, I saw, I purchased. )


    Top 10 for Summer 2019 - Hot Weather 91F (33C) and up
    01. Dubai Meydan by Nabeel
    02. Aventus by Creed
    03. Lalique Pour Homme Equus by Lalique
    04. Ormonde Man by Ormonde Jayne
    05. Arabian Knight by Arabian Oud
    06. Acqua Di Gio Profumo by Giorgio Armani
    07. Vetiver by Etro
    08. Luciano Pavarotti by Luciano Pavarotti
    09. Silver Mountain Water by Creed
    10. Eau Sauvage by Dior

  17. #77

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Cocktails at 08:45am? Oh go on then ; )

  18. #78
    Dependent
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Internet Tubes
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Cocktails at 08:45am? Oh go on then ; )
    Ha ha! I'm in Pacific timezone, it was 9pm for me. Very much cocktail-appropriate time, I think.

    It's 1:20am now - working on my final cocktail before I sign off for the night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  19. #79

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Ha ha! I'm in Pacific timezone, it was 9pm for me. Very much cocktail-appropriate time, I think.

    It's 1:20am now - working on my final cocktail before I sign off for the night.
    I know! It's 09:18am here though. That is a beautiful picture Remik. Really put me in the notion. Love my Hendricks. Not with cucumber though. Blech. Cucumber in gin is like norlimbanol in fragrance. ; )

  20. #80
    Dependent
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Internet Tubes
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    I know! It's 09:18am here though. That is a beautiful picture Remik. Really put me in the notion. Love my Hendricks. Not with cucumber though. Blech. Cucumber in gin is like norlimbanol in fragrance. ; )
    Cucumber works in this particular version, but ONLY because Hendrick's gin has infusion of cucumber and rose petals. I do not like it when it's made with any other gin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  21. #81

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Yes. Hendricks recommend that don't they, and I thought so too to begin with then just went off cucumber in gin. See what happens when you serve cocktails Grant? : ) It all gets derailed. Now you get to bed Remik. x

  22. #82

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Looking at remik's gorgeous picture, I think I really need to invest in some Martini glasses...!

    I think I will need to try Hendrick's next. Really curious about the cucumber in gin now. I usually only have it in a Pimms punch.

  23. #83

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    I think I've badged up everyone -- if anyone hasn't got one that should have one, can you let me know?


    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    Done.

    Can we reuse this link for more donations, in the future?
    If you really wish to. No obligation or expectation though

    Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Tipped. Normally wouldn't be fussed about the badge, but I can't say no to my favourite cocktail...
    Good taste

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    I've emailed you Grant -- shaken not stirred please
    Okay Mr Bond -- (will be checking emails soon!)

    Quote Originally Posted by cologne connoisseur View Post
    Done. Please make my martini with Boodles!
    Coming right up!

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcologneguy View Post
    Done. Beefeater for me, please. Dry, up, two olives.


    Quote Originally Posted by seccho View Post
    Done. I was going to just sign up for BAsenotes Plus instead, but I wasn't sure if membership automatically renews or not, cause there were indications it did, and I do sometimes disappear for a few years at a time. Either way, glad to help. Though I haven't actively contributed a bunch over the years, I've spent countless hours here lurking and researching.
    Many Thanks! (yeah BN+ autorenewals)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starblind View Post
    Terrific idea! Make mine Grey Goose.
    Okay we can do Vodka Martini's too

    Quote Originally Posted by SkiDawg View Post
    It looks like the SOTD script might have been messed up?
    Yeah, when I edit the thing to put the badge on, the code for the SOTD gets buggered up, but setting a new SOTD will sort that out

    Quote Originally Posted by foxbins View Post
    I'll have a vodka martini, please!
    Ok!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kotori View Post
    Cheers! Too bad you can't make mine with extra olives.
    How many?

    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Tip sent.

    I'll take my tipple in the form of Hendrick's gin martini with muddled cucumber, strained, and a slice of cucumber for garnish. Wave a bottle of dry vermouth around the martini glass.

    Cheers!
    Sounds delicious

    Quote Originally Posted by Richie_B View Post
    Grant!

    I feel like an in-law, LOL!!! Been here on-and-off, then on again since 2005! yikes! I donated a bit, hopefully more a bit later.....

    Not much of a martini guy myself....how 'bout a Jagermeister straight-up and a 7-UP chaser....?

    Yeah go on then, but you have to have it in a martini glass

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaheen View Post
    Grant,

    Is there a way to donate without using PayPal? PayPal is an eBay subsidiary, and eBay is the damned Devil.

    Please let me know or PM if me if necessary, I'd like to send a money order or something.

    Thanks!

    Shaheen
    I'll look into it

    Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozbliss View Post
    Do we get a notification when our Basenotes Plus membership is up for renewal? Because I must be close...
    You should do, but 19 March 2019 in your case

    Quote Originally Posted by PerfumedLady View Post
    I'll have what she's having, bartender! Thank you Grant for everything!
    And thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Taskphorce01 View Post
    Hi Grant, I would love to help out with adding perfumes to the directory if possible. Lord knows I request ENOUGH additions to the directory! My OCD will not allow perfumes to NOT be in my wardrobe. The anxiety begins to kick in LOL
    Many thanks, I'm hoping we can get some directory adders with the new code


    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Cooper View Post
    Make mine a Mohito Thanks for your dedication to the site
    Maybe if we do this again, we'll have a Mojito icon instead

    Quote Originally Posted by HFMIII View Post
    Grant,

    Glad to see you have a new and exciting vision for the future of Basenotes. It sounds like an excellent idea, I've always enjoyed phpBB, but I'm sure there are better options out there these days.

    I am curious when the changes come will there be a reset of wardrobe / wear tracking or will you be able to carry over the information?
    All will carry over

    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Cocktails at 08:45am? Oh go on then ; )
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Looking at remik's gorgeous picture, I think I really need to invest in some Martini glasses...!

    I think I will need to try Hendrick's next. Really curious about the cucumber in gin now. I usually only have it in a Pimms punch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Yes. Hendricks recommend that don't they, and I thought so too to begin with then just went off cucumber in gin. See what happens when you serve cocktails Grant? : ) It all gets derailed. Now you get to bed Remik. x
    Quote Originally Posted by remik View Post
    Cucumber works in this particular version, but ONLY because Hendrick's gin has infusion of cucumber and rose petals. I do not like it when it's made with any other gin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    I know! It's 09:18am here though. That is a beautiful picture Remik. Really put me in the notion. Love my Hendricks. Not with cucumber though. Blech. Cucumber in gin is like norlimbanol in fragrance. ; )
    I think we're now officially Gin-notes

  24. #84
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Barkeep !
    Whiskey . Beer chaser , tall .

    Have any plans in changing your cloudbase ?
    Making sure everything is encrypted is key these days .
    I believe your cloudflare, correct. https://www.google.com/search?q=clou...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    I know when I go to log on , it has a not secure information status .
    Do you think this will change with the upgrade ?

    10 years is 1000 in technology years .
    It must be a headache for you at times.

    Best wishes
    Last edited by JBS1; 17th May 2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: cantspeeel

  25. #85

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by JBS1 View Post
    Barkeep !
    Whiskey . Beer chaser , tall .

    Have any plans in changing your cloudbase ?
    Making sure everything is encrypted is key these days .
    I believe your cloudflare, correct. https://www.google.com/search?q=clou...hrome&ie=UTF-8
    I know when I go to log on , it has a not secure information status .
    Do you think this will change with the upgrade ?

    10 years is 1000 in technology years .
    It must be a headache for you at times.

    Best wishes
    Yep, we'll be going all https:// when we upgrade the forum too

  26. #86
    not right, in the head

    HouseOfPhlegethon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    ....................................... Central PA
    Posts
    4,673
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    I'm thirsty, barkeep. You forgot my drink. Make mine a Shirley Temple.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/468...ilk?highlight= my for sale thread...

    Grunge is dead... Long live Grunge...

  27. #87

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by HouseOfPhlegethon View Post
    I'm thirsty, barkeep. You forgot my drink. Make mine a Shirley Temple.
    My apologies, done!

  28. #88
    Dependent
    remik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    The Internet Tubes
    Posts
    6,629

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Looking at remik's gorgeous picture, I think I really need to invest in some Martini glasses...!
    Phtf... don't get too excited, those were just regular everyday martini glasses, nothing special. If you want to "invest" in great martini glasses - I highly recommend Véga Martini glasses by Baccarat. I got a set of those a few years ago (Xmas present to myself & my SO). They are beautiful, pictures really don't do justice to them. Heavy crystal, they feel like something you could use as a weapon. Exquisitely finished details. But because how expensive they are, they only come out on special occasions. :-| (I've broken my share of $500+ wine/martini glasses, it really stings when you have to buy a whole new set later on because they don't sell them individually)

    https://us.baccarat.com/en/bar-on-th...s-2810828.html

    I got a set of the clear ones, like these:



    ( and yes Grant, it's Gin-notes site, for today anyway )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Currently wearing: Amber Absolute by Tom Ford

  29. #89
    Basenotes Plus

    JBS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,379

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yep, we'll be going all https:// when we upgrade the forum too
    That's awesome . It will help people to feel a bit better about things.
    HoP's avatar looks like she needs a little more than a Shirley Temple
    Man stands quietly, and guzzles his chaser down , then slowly slides his whisky away, further down the old mahogany bar top as he makes his exit to the facilities
    Last edited by JBS1; 17th May 2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: cantspeeel

  30. #90

    Default Re: Help Basenotes become awesomer

    @remik: your regular martini glasses look way better than what I use currently anyway, which looks a bit like this without the thick bottom:



    I love the look of the Baccarat, but I don't like how heavy crystal glass is. My arm would hurt after all that lifting

    I prefer thin glass and long stems, like LSA Martini glasses. I'll probably have to settle for something entirely else though. Probably ~ 90ml and short stemmed to fit into my freezer.




Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best of Basenotes
    By Grant in forum Announcements Archive
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10th January 2012, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 13th November 2008, 09:41 PM
  3. Because of Basenotes
    By Nicolas V in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 18th November 2007, 05:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000