Code of Conduct

Default Chanel no 5 pure parfum vs chanel cuir de russie pure parfum

Hi,

Has anyone used either of the two? I love both scents but just wondering which one has a better projection as im looking for something loud that will make a huge entrance in any room I enter.

Thanks!

Wearing Perfume Right Now

Default Re: Chanel no 5 pure parfum vs chanel cuir de russie pure parfum

Quote Originally Posted by Isabelluson View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone used either of the two? I love both scents but just wondering which one has a better projection as im looking for something loud that will make a huge entrance in any room I enter.

Thanks!
    I feel like the parfum versions don't project as much. They seem like they might have better longevity, but I feel like they stay closer to the skin.

From No. 5 and Cuir de Russie, I think Cuir de Russie edp might be the most projecting.

No. 5 is so polite, the edp is faint within an hour.

I concur with Bavard, I'd say neither of the two is really loud or makes a huge entrance. Classic parfums in general are more about longevity and richness than sillage. If you can, the best way to guarantee a huge entrance is to wear a parfum and then refresh with edt/edp just before the event (the way one was supposed to do in the old days when one had parfum and eau). This way you will guarantee that the top notes are projecting strongly. Missing that, and limiting yourself to the parfum only, I'd say No 5 is stronger at the beginning, because it has more aldehyides, but Cuir de Russie has stronger base notes. Indeed, the latest no 5 parfum I smelled at a duty free last week went to the basenotes rather quickly. I have not smelled Cuir de Russie parfum this year, but the one I have (about 4 years old) was quite satisfying.

cacio

Missing Oakmoss

Agree with what has been said, Chanel parfum is soft, wears close to the skin, and doesn't have much projection - no matter which one you choose.

Basenotes Plus

I have no real experience with No 5, but am extremely familiar with CdR in parfum form and it is not a scent that will enter before you do. It is gorgeous, but very quiet and others would have to get fairly close to you to catch a sniff.
    Currently wearing: Mitsouko by Guerlain

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Agree with what has been said, Chanel parfum is soft, wears close to the skin, and doesn't have much projection - no matter which one you choose.
    I'd agree with that on No. 5, 22, and 19. That's exactly why I like them--concentrated, close to the skin, and very long lasting. Step away from me, and they're gone from you.
    A bull in a china shop doesn't take damage. She delivers it.
    Currently wearing: Rosarium by Shiseido

Basenotes Plus

I concur with you all. The Chanels particularily the Parfums are for my own greedy pleasure and for those who dare to come close.
    When I want to project and paint some Sillage I go for some Brutal Green Monster Chypre in EDT like Aromatics Elixir or Fougere like Lauder for Men EDT.
    Scarcity is an illusion. Unlearn it.
    Currently wearing: Fleur de Peaux by Diptyque

I own the Cuir parfum and it is smooth and though I can smell it really well I would not say it has standout sillage. Now I own Bois d'Illes in parfum and it is much stronger sillage.

I also own Cuir in the edp version and it is a much better sillage-wise.

Own vintage late 80s No22 edt and it is a monster as I joke could take down low flying aircraft. The decant of the parfum version I have also had really great sillage like the BdI version.
    DONNA