Default agarwood fireco and mysore wood base

Hello
    Has Anyone experience with these bases?
    Are they good?
    Thank you!
    From freedom came elegance:
    in the Finnish man we trust

Default Re: agarwood fireco and mysore wood base

I personally hate the fireco base. It has a lot more urine and bandaid notes in it. If that's what you want great. But when I evaluated both of them Black Agar Givco won! As far as Mysore goes I am a huge fan. It's a high quality base that smells so delicous sandwood.

Thank you RSG!
    I have the oud fireco base and it is urinous and bandaid with a lot of ambrocenide, but seems that there is also a different base, from firmenich, called agarwood fireco. On their website they say that this one is more gentle and less "traditional". Anyway the price is very high, so I ask for your opinion before i purchase it.
    Are you referring to the "oud" or the " agarwood"? Seems that they are different products...

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    But when I evaluated both of them Black Agar Givco won!
    Yes, I like the black agar, I find it very alluring, but I want to try something different, just to "explore" new bases!

As far as I know, agarwood and oud are the same things what it means when one is called one or the other I'm not sure other than just being different versions. Have to compare the numbers.

Basenotes Member

Either you pony up and use real oud, or don’t bother using it at all (despite that the fake retail ouds all use it). Nothing compares to real oud, or any of the other fakes. Buy Agar Aura, Ensar Oud, Rising Phoenix or one of the other reputable brands. Then you’ll be rewarded and truly be in the game.

I understand that many cannot afford these luxuries, but you’re wasting your time with fakes. You’d be better off buying 1/4 bottle of those vendors mentioned. Noting smells like real oud, even the junk that Abdul Samad Al Qurashi and other large houses purport to be “authentic”. They load their “pure” ouds with DPG, diethyl phthalate and triethyl citrate so that they thicken the oud and make them seem “aged”. I’ve had them analyzed with GC/Mass Spec. So I’m saving you some homework and tons of money.

The oud game is looking to take advantage of newbies and others who want to transcedentally experience mysterious “oud”. There are SO many being played in the oud world by all but the most genuine distillers. I know oud is crazy expensive, but buy smart, and most importantly, buy with knowledge. Pay the money, as it will be worth it.

Mark St Marie
    Owner, The World In Scents, LLC
    Last edited by theworldinscents; 16th May 2018 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Corrections

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by theworldinscents View Post
    Either you pony up and use real oud, or don’t bother using it at all
    Strongly disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by theworldinscents View Post
    They load their “pure” ouds with DPG, diethyl phthalate and triethyl citrate so that they thicken the oud and make them seem “aged”.
    DPG has some viscosity to it, but DEP, and TEC are not particularly thick. There's a lot of other better things to thicken with.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.