Code of Conduct
    Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

Default Help purchasing Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense -

Hey guys !

Anybody know where to get this gem cheaper that Lucky Scent ? I love Lucky Scent but $430 ? WOW ! Can I buy it directly from them in Europe or is there a European online website that perhaps is a little cheaper ?

Thanks for your help !
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Default Re: Help purchasing Fragrance Du Bois Oud Vert Intense -

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    Hey guys !

Anybody know where to get this gem cheaper that Lucky Scent ? I love Lucky Scent but $430 ? WOW ! Can I buy it directly from them in Europe or is there a European online website that perhaps is a little cheaper ?

Thanks for your help !
    Not that I know of. Perhaps on Ebay although I doubt it. That $430 is for the small size! I got all mine at Jovoy in Paris two or three years ago as they have only recently been available at Luckyscent which doesn't carry all of them, and the ones they do carry, they don't carry the 100ml size of all of them.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Good luck. I got mine from Europe before Luckyscent carried that one. I had to get somebody to mule it back to the US and ship it to me, since there are no retailers that will ship here. It cost me $480.

Basenotes Institution FSU92grad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by naylor View Post
    Good luck. I got mine from Europe before Luckyscent carried that one. I had to get somebody to mule it back to the US and ship it to me, since there are no retailers that will ship here. It cost me $480.
    WHOA ! ok....May have to bite the bullet on this one.....It really smells fantastic!
    TOP TEN FOR FALL/WINTER:
    1.) MFK Baccarat Rouge 540
    2.) Frank no. 2 LA
    3.) Creed Viking
    4.) Creed Royal Mayfair
    5.) ADG Profumo
    6.) Lampblack
    7.) New York Intense (parfum)
    8.) Fahrenheit
    9.) Dusita Issara
    10.) Gengis Khan

Honorable Mention: Chanel Sycomore
    Currently wearing: Royal Oud by Creed

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by FSU92grad View Post
    It really smells fantastic!
    Yes - All their offerings are classy and quality IMO.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Banned

Tried a few at Jovoy in Paris. I tested them on paper strips, so it is what it is.

While I find Malle's frags overpriced to very overpriced, I had a few that wowed me. To be honest, I found all the FdB I tried of very high quality, but no "wow" factor for me. I'd spent $120-150 on them, but their current price tag is just funny imo. Same for Puredistance. Same for Nicolai (even if Nicolai is at a lower price range, but still overpriced in my valuation system, since it's not worth more than $100 a pop imo).
    The creativity and "wow" is what justify pulling out big bucks out of my wallet. High quality is required at high price points, but not enough for me.
    Just my 2 cents, obviously we all have different criterias when deciding if pulling the trigger or not.

(Note: I am one of those that think that a 100ml of Sauvage EDP is worth $40, and 100ml of TF Oud Wood $60-80 , even if I'd never buy these, not even at these prices. So everything is proportionnal...)