Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Abercrombie Fierce formula?

Has anyone made a successful Fierce type clone and would you be willing to share the formula? Just starting out, bought most of what's listed in the notes, and am trying to get as close as possible, but to no avail just yet.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Abercrombie Fierce formula?

Which synthetics do you have?
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

ISO E Super, galaxolide, and hedione at this point. A synthetic musk, oak moss absolute, vetiver EO, lemon EO, orange EO, lily-of-the-valley, jasmine synthetic, rosewood EO, fir EO.

Basenotes Plus

Well, certainly you are missing Dihydro myrcenol, cis-3-hexenol, lilial, geraniol, cis-3-hexenyl salicylate, and triplal.

More than that, I'd be guessing... since I've never smelled it...
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    http://www.PKPERFUMES.com
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkiler View Post
    Well, certainly you are missing Dihydro myrcenol, cis-3-hexenol, lilial, geraniol, cis-3-hexenyl salicylate, and triplal.

More than that, I'd be guessing... since I've never smelled it...
    Wow, I have some buying to do. Do you have the full formula or, having never smelled it, are you just guessing those are in there? Thanks!

Basenotes Plus

I've just been reading some of Christophe Laudamiel's formulas today, so reading the notes, and fragrance type, combined with his style and materials choices from his formulas, these are my best guess, as an unsmelled fragrance. No, I do not have any formulation information for this fragrance.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes
    In addition to Our own PK line, we make Custom Bespoke Perfumes, perfumes for Entrepreneurs needing scents for perfumes or products, Custom Wedding Perfumes, and even Special Event Perfumes.

I've just been reading some of Christophe Laudamiel's formulas today, so reading the notes, and fragrance type, combined with his style and materials choices from his formulas, these are my best guess, as an unsmelled fragrance. No, I do not have any formulation information for this fragrance.
    Brilliant info, thanks. I find Christophe fascinating.

Iíve always thought the fragrance smells heavily of Kephalis.

The main ingredient used in Fierce is Iso E Super (over 40%).
    The prominent grapefruit note (at least to my nose) may likely be Methyl Pamplemousse.

The formula also contains a little bit of petitgrain. Someone else mentioned that polysantol was in the original (and best) formulation, which has a silky woody sandalwood effect.

Really, Fierce is a classic scent. (although to some people all the iso E super can be kind of cloying)

Thanks, George. I’ll check that out.

You get grapefruit more than lemon?

Quote Originally Posted by parker25mv View Post
    The main ingredient used in Fierce is Iso E Super (over 40%).
    The prominent grapefruit note (at least to my nose) may likely be Methyl Pamplemousse.

The formula also contains a little bit of petitgrain. Someone else mentioned that polysantol was in the original (and best) formulation, which has a silky woody sandalwood effect.

Really, Fierce is a classic scent. (although to some people all the iso E super can be kind of cloying)

I thought I'd ask Are these formulae available somewhere online?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by lavanille View Post
    I thought I'd ask Are these formulae available somewhere online?
    http://www.dreamair.mobi/fragrance-formulas
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

George, have you used Kephalis? Is it strong, light?

Quote Originally Posted by Jbchi33 View Post
    I’m not entirely sure how to answer your question. To me it is a material which is quite woody, ambery, and wet, also smelling a bit like paint. It’s also slightly green, and smoky. My impressions about it’s odor strength are simply anecdotal, and it smells just as strong as linalool or citronellol, to me. I have no idea what it’s average odor threshold is. I wouldn’t call the material weak and neither strong.

Please also keep in mind that Kephalis is a Givaudan material (I think), while Fierce is is made by IFF. I have no idea if the material is used in the fragrance, it just smells like it is (to me). I’ve never seen a GC.

Quote Originally Posted by George Tedder View Post
    Please also keep in mind that Kephalis is a Givaudan material (I think), while Fierce is is made by IFF. I have no idea if the material is used in the fragrance, it just smells like it is (to me). I’ve never seen a GC.
    Thanks very much for your quite-informative replies, George!

Fierce contain huge amount iso e super, evernyl and salicylates to me.

I don't think you should use a huge amount of iso e super, it has a tendency to mull all notes together. The probability is that they used iso gamma super in fierce which has the same odor profile but stronger more sharp and cedary if you will. There is definitely evernyl in it, rosemary, sweet musk, some florals - jasmine maybe etc

Quote Originally Posted by George Tedder View Post
    Please also keep in mind that Kephalis is a Givaudan material (I think), while Fierce is is made by IFF. I have no idea if the material is used in the fragrance, it just smells like it is (to me). Iíve never seen a GC.
    Totally agree but it holds some truth though, kephalis smells tobbacco-ish, fir balsam-ish and a tiny bit honey amber-ish so I'm thinking coniferan maybe. It def lists fir in description. A touch of cardamom, juniper, sweet florals like jasmine, evernyl, sandalwood like already mentioned, sweet musks (auratouch, ethylene brassylate), vetiver, rose and iso gamma super, maybe a toich of patchouli, citrusses and a touch of violet leaf for that bright opening.

Thanks for the great insight. Is iso gamma super available in the US? I saw some timbersilk vs. iso discussions in other threads. Would that be a close alternative if I can’t get hold of iso gamma super?

Basenotes Plus

I'd suggest reading the Iso E Super page on TGSC.
    Paul Kiler
    PK Perfumes

You can't get iso gamma because it's captive
    Currently wearing: Dunhill Icon by Dunhill

Thank you to everyone for all the great information. Very informative. As a newbie, I greatly appreciate your willingness to help out.

There's a soapy note right at the very top of Fierce that I can't identify. It's all the way at the top and you really only smell it from the sprayer nozzle and as it's initially spraying. Then it's pretty much gone after about a minute. Very clean, sharp, soapy. Does anyone who is familiar with it or who has a bottle handy know what it might be?

I'm going to vote that it's a soapy smelling ester. I'm not sure it's one I have but if I had to guess a close match it would be manzanate. Supposed to be use in green apple and is used in men's formulaitons but to me not so appley at all. Just got it so havn't smelled it diluted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RSG View Post
    I'm going to vote that it's a soapy smelling ester. I'm not sure it's one I have but if I had to guess a close match it would be manzanate. Supposed to be use in green apple and is used in men's formulaitons but to me not so appley at all. Just got it so havn't smelled it diluted yet.
    Thanks! I'll add that one to my shopping cart.

Does someone know what kind of Iso E Super is used in Fierce?
    Just the regular IFF Iso E Super, or Timbersilk, or something else?

The original formulation fierce is 48% ISO E Super, according to multiple sources.

https://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Iso-E-Super-422.html

"Iso E Super has well established itself in almost all perfume genres, but its highest concentration may still be found in numerous men’s woody fragrances: 48% in Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce and 55% in Terre d’Hermes"

Quote Originally Posted by vd86 View Post
    Does someone know what kind of Iso E Super is used in Fierce?
    Just the regular IFF Iso E Super, or Timbersilk, or something else?

The original formulation fierce is 48% ISO E Super, according to multiple sources.

https://www.fragrantica.com/notes/Iso-E-Super-422.html

"Iso E Super has well established itself in almost all perfume genres, but its highest concentration may still be found in numerous men’s woody fragrances: 48% in Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce and 55% in Terre d’Hermes"
    Some people say it’s iso gamma super, which is captive. I’ve read that blending iso e and timbersilk gets you close to iso gamma super.

Some people say it’s iso gamma super, which is captive. I’ve read that blending iso e and timbersilk gets you close to iso gamma super.
    Really?
    I always thought its produced exclusively only for Geza SchŲn and his molecule 01 fragrance