Code of Conduct

Default Bulgari pour homme extreme classic discontinued

I notice the extreme isn’t on Bulgaris website so I called them. The lady confirmed this has been discontinued with the original pour homme and soir still in production. The extreme is one of my favorite and most complimented scents. What are your thoughts on this one?

Default Re: Bulgari pour homme extreme classic discontinued

Ehh grew bored of it not a bad scent though, probably doesn’t interest younger generation and sell enough. There are a lot more interesting fragrances these days that these classics get passed by.
    Current Top 10

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Bleu De Chanel EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EDP
    Hermes Terre D’Hermes EDT
    Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche EDP
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT

Basenotes Plus

I own the pour Homme and the Homme Soir, how's the extreme compared to this two

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas.com View Post
    I own the pour Homme and the Homme Soir, how's the extreme compared to this two
    Extreme is stronger and projects better than the original Pour Homme they are similar in smell from my testing.
    Current Top 10

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT

Reside in McLean, Va., Manhattan NYC, Manuel Antonio Costa Rica & Búzios Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by checker View Post
    I notice the extreme isn’t on Bulgaris website so I called them. The lady confirmed this has been discontinued with the original pour homme and soir still in production. The extreme is one of my favorite and most complimented scents. What are your thoughts on this one?
    This can no longer be found online?
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals on Basenotes don't warrant or deserve my or other Basenoters' acknowledgement or respect.

Sorry to hear it, on the other hand, luckily a few local retailers (though unsure whether customs and/or shipping may increase the price to niche/discontinued vintage rates) where I live still have it, at least for now, remaining in stock
    Currently wearing: Open by Roger & Gallet

User of Toilet Water

Easily the best of the three.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    This can no longer be found online?
    Yes it can easily. The fact that they stopped making it is quite a bummer imo. It is the best of the three

Extreme has a noticeable tomato leaf accord in the heart that ruins it for me. I do like the original, but found Soir to be too powdery. Extreme has the best opening of the three.

What a pity. One of my favourite scents too. Luckily Bvlgari pour Homme is very similar and it's still on production.

My second favorite after Soir. Bvlgari is going to launch their version of Sauvage, so no big loss.
    Currently wearing: M7 by Yves Saint Laurent

Quote Originally Posted by Faqundo View Post
    What a pity. One of my favourite scents too. Luckily Bvlgari pour Homme is very similar and it's still on production.
    Yes there are no plans to discontinue the original pour homme. The original actually lasts a long time on me, I just go anosmic to it for some reason

Let's Dance

Sad if that is true. Though I would say the original is better balanced, but doesn't have the legs of the Extreme, and the latter is my favourite. The Soir version is perhaps a little underrated.

Let's Dance

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Ehh grew bored of it not a bad scent though, probably doesn’t interest younger generation and sell enough. There are a lot more interesting fragrances these days that these classics get passed by.
    Like what? Dior Sauvage?

If something doesn't interest the masses, it is usually something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    Like what? Dior Sauvage?

For me it’s all current Chanel and Creed, Amouage, Guerlain, Hermes, Dior Homme line, my wardrobe for me. Bleu De Chanel, Versace Pour Homme, Sauvage, 1 Million, Nautica Voyage, Eros, Aqua Di Gio, Invictus etc for the masses. Times have changed or companies want to roll out new good selling products.
    Current Top 10

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT

Let's Dance

For me it’s all current Chanel and Creed, Amouage, Guerlain, Hermes, Dior Homme line, my wardrobe for me. Bleu De Chanel, Versace Pour Homme, Sauvage, 1 Million, Eros, Aqua Di Gio, Invictus etc for the masses. Times have changed or companies want to roll out new good selling products.
    Cool.

Cool.
    Not knocking the fragrance, it’s a good one but clearly something caused it to reach its end of life. Good news is it will take likely 10 years before current stock has dried up these are usually produced in massive quantities so not much to worry about. Discounters have them so stock up while prices are low and fair.
    Current Top 10

Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP
    Chanel Egoiste
    Chanel Platinum Egoiste
    Chanel Allure Homme
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EDT

Same here. These Bulgaris were some of my early scents and I still own Soir, which was my favourite of the lot, and Extreme, at least I think so, but sold the Pour Homme a while ago. Just not very interesting to wear. I think one reviewer wrote something about middle management when giving it a rather lukewarm rating.

Some observations as of October 2018:

I just tried to buy a 3.4 oz bottle of original pour homme on Amazon and you can really tell there's been a change in production. The 3.4 oz. with Amazon fulfillment, which used to be plentiful, is now NLA. The 1.7 oz. is still available but it's $45. You used to be able to get the 3.4 oz. for $35.

Soir is still available in both 1.7 and 3.4 oz. The price has increased but not hugely.

Extreme is priced like Soir but is only available in 3.4 oz.

There are some independent vendors on Amazon selling the 3.4 oz. of the original pour homme but they're asking well over $100. I checked eBay and prices for the original have jumped there as well.

I use to own it traded for Versace Eros

Basenotes Junkie

This is a shame, although not new news. BPHE for me is a classic 'four out of five' scent - not brilliant, but solid, nuanced, quite sophisticated, and trustworthy. It's still out there on the grey market but I think I have detected small price rises. Might have to buy another bottle at some point as back-up.

The big change is in BPH, but BPHE is being affected too. I'm seeing a 300% jump in BPH prices and about 50% in BPHE. I'm no price analysis/expert but this is what seems to be happening on Amazon and eBay. BPH was the scent that got me interested in scents, and I keep circling back to it.

This cannot be! This is the ONLY fragrance aside from Terre De Hermes that I can wear. It is a masterpiece! The top note is amazing, the dry down an exquisite journey, and the bass note is an unparalleled mix of mild woods and the most natural and real smelling musk ever. Everywhere I wear it, people including men, women and children say "What smell's so good?" Not what cologne is that, or what are you wearing? Just "What is that amazing smell". It's the only fragrance I've found in 30 years that doesn't have a repugnant top not, or that ubiquitous chemical that is in almost every scent made on the last quarter century that makes me want to vomit!

There must be something that can be done to get them to put it back in production! I'd noticed the prices rising the last few times I ordered it, and was afraid this was why. I was hoping against hope that it just had to do with production cycles. Is there any way to start a letter writing campaign or something to encourage them to continue making this classic fragrance? It's the most underrated fragrance of all time. I can't imagine life without it. Really. This is devastating to hear.

This’ easily my favorite of the 3 and has been a wonderful-performing daytime and office scent for many years.

My thoughts were incorrect discounters are mostly out, hopefully back stock flood the discounters again unless back stock was slowly drying up over the years.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

What's weird is I still have stock of this at my local Ulta
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Mandom by Mandom

Like what? Dior Sauvage?

This is so true. This is a completely unique fragrance, masterfully blended from top to base, and there is nothing that comes close to the base note, which is exquisite and is reminiscent of classic fragrances made with real tonkin musk stored in sandalwood. All of their other fragrances smell like the hundreds of other dime-a-dozen fad fragrances that come out. They all have a horribly acrid opening, a mediocre heart, and a chemical in the base note that makes me want to scrub my skin. This is a timeless classic, and I think, if anything, they should reformulate it with double the base note and call it "Extreme Double Base" or something. Man and Soir make me want to vomit. I was so hopeful every time they came out with a new fragrance that it would be some sort of improvement on Extreme, but they all disappoint. I have never received more compliments from any fragrance, and have had people stop and smell it over and over. The top note is natural and clean, not at all overbearing, utterly delicious. But it's the base note that is untouched in the industry.

The only other fragrance I've ever had that I liked, though only half as much, was Terre de Hermes, which is completely different. Does anyone know of a fragrance with the same clean musk base note? It's not powdery or cloying like other musks. It's woody and smells like clean, sexy skin should smell. I'm utterly heartbroken over this. I actually use it as aromatherapy. There is something in it that relieves my back pain when I smell it.

Can we organize a public outcry to Bvlgari to bring back this amazing scent? If enough people write and call, perhaps they will reconsider. It is so highly rated on all the fragrance sites, and there are almost no negative reviews at all. The indifference expressed by some posters here doesn't reflect the reviews, which are usually passionately positive.

This is Bvlgari's Shalimar. The rest of their line is just trendy.

I love this line, I need to get a bottle of Soir still. The Extreme is much better than the original imo, the grapefruit note is on point and the tea is done to perfection. I need to wear this one more, it's been a good while, maybe 2 years since I've worn it. I think it'll be my first choice for the next humid day here.
    "God may exist, but science can explain the universe without the need for a creator." -Stephen Hawking