Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 750
  1. #271

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    The citrus-salt-ambergris sounds amazing...but (I know this is a personal thing) does the franngipani overpower the fragrance? I've smelled it in other perfumes and it just totally dominates everything else.
    The frangipani and the tropical vanilla/coconut/sandalwood-like creaminess in Amber Cologne definitely dominate on my skin. The citrus are adjacent to the tropical floral, while the ambergris is more like un undertone. I'd summarise it as "wearing monoi oil in a tropical resort with occasional whiffs of the distant ocean air".

    Or visually speaking, like the following picture, with the ocean (ambergris) in the distant background:

    Currently wearing: Community by The Zoo

  2. #272
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Thanks for the explanation. I think I may have to get a decant first.

    Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    The frangipani and the tropical vanilla/coconut/sandalwood-like creaminess in Amber Cologne definitely dominate on my skin. The citrus are adjacent to the tropical floral, while the ambergris is more like un undertone. I'd summarise it as "wearing monoi oil in a tropical resort with occasional whiffs of the distant ocean air".

    Or visually speaking, like the following picture, with the ocean (ambergris) in the distant background:


  3. #273
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    So would you recommend purchasing from Dmitry's website or Luckyscent. Does anyone have pros and cons either way. I live in the continental US. I see Luckyscent has free shipping over $75.00 but most of the new Bortnikoff samples are out especially of the newer scents. How is the shipping from Bortnikoff to the US? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  4. #274
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    2,961

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    So would you recommend purchasing from Dmitry's website or Luckyscent. Does anyone have pros and cons either way. I live in the continental US. I see Luckyscent has free shipping over $75.00 but most of the new Bortnikoff samples are out especially of the newer scents. How is the shipping from Bortnikoff to the US? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I like to support Dmitry by buying direct. He ships using DHL and very reliable and tracked, well packed.

  5. #275
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    It's my birthday and I'm treating myself to a bottle of Amber Cologne which is a blind buy. It's backordered but due to arrive sonn. I've bought probably 50+ bottles from LuckyScent and anything that's in stock is shipped super fast (usually same day) and via USPS Priority which makes it from LA-->Chicago in about 3 days...maybe 4 and that shipping method is free through their coupon code at the top of the page. Bortnikoff, if you're ordering DHL would be about and extra $30 for the combined cost of product and shipping and would probably take the same time to get to you depending on where you live.


    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    So would you recommend purchasing from Dmitry's website or Luckyscent. Does anyone have pros and cons either way. I live in the continental US. I see Luckyscent has free shipping over $75.00 but most of the new Bortnikoff samples are out especially of the newer scents. How is the shipping from Bortnikoff to the US? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  6. #276
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I like to support Dmitry by buying direct. He ships using DHL and very reliable and tracked, well packed.
    Excellent very nice to know perhaps similar to Russian Adam. I wonder if he provides teaser samples if you buy direct?
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  7. #277
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    It's my birthday and I'm treating myself to a bottle of Amber Cologne which is a blind buy. It's backordered but due to arrive sonn. I've bought probably 50+ bottles from LuckyScent and anything that's in stock is shipped super fast (usually same day) and via USPS Priority which makes it from LA-->Chicago in about 3 days...maybe 4 and that shipping method is free through their coupon code at the top of the page. Bortnikoff, if you're ordering DHL would be about and extra $30 for the combined cost of product and shipping and would probably take the same time to get to you depending on where you live.
    I have noticed lately from Italy & France my shipping turnaround time is within a week so being in the Knoxville area in Tennessee it seems this isn't a problem. Luckyscent has really tried to be in tune with many houses across the world and at a decent price point. I have had a great history with them as well.
    Good luck on Amber Cologne it sounds delightful for this time of year. I am hoping Musk Kabib is the real deal as I am anxious to try this in the newer grouping.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  8. #278
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    I have retract my statement about LuckyScent and their fast shipping and great service. My recent purchase...I had asked prior to ordering when it would ship. I was told no later than the 16th the product would come in and ship right thereafter. It's now the 18th and I had to reach out to their customer service team to see what is going on. It doesn't seem like they know when anything is coming in (not that hard to check tracking progress.)

    At this point I wish I had just ordered through Bortnikoff. LuckyScent doesn't know how to handle customer service requests very well. I have repeatedly sung their praises in the past..but this is my last order with them. I'll be ordering through Areej, Bortnikoff, Slumberhouse directly from now on. More money for the perfumer...a little more out of pocket but not having to deal with someone that doesn't know what's going on or how to treat customers. It's worth it to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    It's my birthday and I'm treating myself to a bottle of Amber Cologne which is a blind buy. It's backordered but due to arrive sonn. I've bought probably 50+ bottles from LuckyScent and anything that's in stock is shipped super fast (usually same day) and via USPS Priority which makes it from LA-->Chicago in about 3 days...maybe 4 and that shipping method is free through their coupon code at the top of the page. Bortnikoff, if you're ordering DHL would be about and extra $30 for the combined cost of product and shipping and would probably take the same time to get to you depending on where you live.

  9. #279
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I have retract my statement about LuckyScent and their fast shipping and great service. My recent purchase...I had asked prior to ordering when it would ship. I was told no later than the 16th the product would come in and ship right thereafter. It's now the 18th and I had to reach out to their customer service team to see what is going on. It doesn't seem like they know when anything is coming in (not that hard to check tracking progress.)

    At this point I wish I had just ordered through Bortnikoff. LuckyScent doesn't know how to handle customer service requests very well. I have repeatedly sung their praises in the past..but this is my last order with them. I'll be ordering through Areej, Bortnikoff, Slumberhouse directly from now on. More money for the perfumer...a little more out of pocket but not having to deal with someone that doesn't know what's going on or how to treat customers. It's worth it to me.
    Thank you rynegne for your honest assessment as I was holding out still on what to do. I have been monitoring a FB of Vetiver Nocturne on Dmitry's website and they are low in stock but it still remains at eleven for a few days so I think I will have another paycheck to hit before moving forward.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  10. #280
    Basenotes Plus
    Niche_Addict07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    261

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I have retract my statement about LuckyScent and their fast shipping and great service. My recent purchase...I had asked prior to ordering when it would ship. I was told no later than the 16th the product would come in and ship right thereafter. It's now the 18th and I had to reach out to their customer service team to see what is going on. It doesn't seem like they know when anything is coming in (not that hard to check tracking progress.)

    At this point I wish I had just ordered through Bortnikoff. LuckyScent doesn't know how to handle customer service requests very well. I have repeatedly sung their praises in the past..but this is my last order with them. I'll be ordering through Areej, Bortnikoff, Slumberhouse directly from now on. More money for the perfumer...a little more out of pocket but not having to deal with someone that doesn't know what's going on or how to treat customers. It's worth it to me.
    LMAO no surprise I’ve been saying there customer service is shit for awhile now. I was actually in town and stopped by Scent bar and that further confirms there all a little crazy over there. That’s why I’ll continue to buy direct from the brand itself at all costs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

  11. #281
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    I've been ordering from them for a while now and never had a single issue in the past until late last year and now. It would seem from my interactions with them that they don't really care if I stay as their customer or not...even after all of the years and thousands I've spent with them. I totally agree...I'd rather see the money go back to the perfumer than a company that doesn't care about their long time customers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niche_Addict07 View Post
    LMAO no surprise I’ve been saying there customer service is shit for awhile now. I was actually in town and stopped by Scent bar and that further confirms there all a little crazy over there. That’s why I’ll continue to buy direct from the brand itself at all costs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #282
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    2,961

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Really enjoying Oud Monarch today. There is a high quality vanilla in the base that is exquisite.

    To me the top notes punch you and then move onto the spirit world, and the rose and vanilla and oud take over. It’s a lavish yet somehow subtle scent, blended ingeniously. I shall have more to say on this as I wear it.

  13. #283
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Brief note Vetiver Nocturne is now sold out on Dmitry's website. Will more become available?
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  14. #284
    Basenotes Plus
    wildrnesxperienc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    641

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Brief note Vetiver Nocturne is now sold out on Dmitry's website. Will more become available?
    Shit I was excited to try that one. He shipped my sample packs a couple weeks ago and still they haven’t arrived.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

  15. #285
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Brief note Vetiver Nocturne is now sold out on Dmitry's website. Will more become available?
    Highly doubt it. Bortnikoffs I believe are like Areej fragrances...once gone, they’re gone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  16. #286

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    If I didn't like Walimah, would I like Vetiver Nocturne?

    Both seem to have similar notes listed, like champaca...

  17. #287
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    180

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by KolnGuy View Post
    If I didn't like Walimah, would I like Vetiver Nocturne?

    Both seem to have similar notes listed, like champaca...
    Two very different fragrances, even though there are some similar notes. If florals are the problem, then you might not like VN. You’ll never know if you don’t try though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  18. #288
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Vetiver Nocturne is amazing and is my personal favorite just above Oud Maximus. I will tell you Lucky Scent has seven left if anyone is interested.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  19. #289

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by KolnGuy View Post
    If I didn't like Walimah, would I like Vetiver Nocturne?

    Both seem to have similar notes listed, like champaca...
    I find the mossy floral dry down of Walimah feels like a more abstract version of the first half of Vétiver Nocturne. However, VN has a more prominent sandalwood in the base and has much less of the unctuous, almost cheese-like oud aspect like in the opening of Walimah.
    Currently wearing: Community by The Zoo

  20. #290
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Ibiza
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    I have had the good fortune to try the 3 collections of Bortnikoff, of the first I did not buy any, it was not that they were bad but they did not fill me.

    From the second buy Vetiver Nocturno and Oud Maximus, I really liked the two, from this third collection I bought Amber Cologne and Musk Khabib, I think Amber is ideal for these months with good weather and near the sea. Good shopping I did in my opinion.

  21. #291
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMicha View Post
    I have had the good fortune to try the 3 collections of Bortnikoff, of the first I did not buy any, it was not that they were bad but they did not fill me.

    From the second buy Vetiver Nocturno and Oud Maximus, I really liked the two, from this third collection I bought Amber Cologne and Musk Khabib, I think Amber is ideal for these months with good weather and near the sea. Good shopping I did in my opinion.
    We may be similar nothing in the first collection seemed interesting to me but others seemed to enjoy them. Vetiver Nocturne has turned my head it is awesome perhaps my favorite scent this year so far and Oud Maximus I am learning is very good and need more time with it. Tempted to try Amber Cologne & Musk Khabib. in the third series very soon. Dmitry's talent is developing a cult following but as others have said you have to move fast before he vaults them. So the more he receives acclaim the quicker his scents will sell pretty quick putting a burden on my dithering.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  22. #292
    User of Toilet Water

    Bangkok Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Posts
    4,096

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    HBortnikoffs I believe are like Areej fragrances...once gone, they’re gone.
    Until part II?
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

  23. #293
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Sadly I had to cancel my order of Amber Cologne with LuckyScent. They have spent the last week jerking me around and I am done doing business with them. I refuse to give businesses that don't care about customers my money.

    That being said...how is ordering through Bortnikoff? Is it like Areej where you place the order and hope it goes through? Only to get a DHL text the day of arrival or is it a better process?

    Also, I tried Areej Ottoman Empire II today and strongly disliked what I would assume to be the frangipani...it almost had a urinal cake type vibe about it. Would any of you that have tried both say the frangipani accord is similar?

  24. #294
    Basenotes Plus
    thrilledchilled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Virginia, Florida
    Posts
    2,961

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    he's very professional and ships within a few days. Go with DHL.

    I haven't tried Ottoman Empire 2 yet. But every Bortnikoff (I have them all) is fantastic. Nothing urinal. I think it's an aromachemical in the Russian Adam blend but you would far more than I on this subject.

  25. #295
    Basenotes Institution rynegne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    15,470

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Perfect, thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    he's very professional and ships within a few days. Go with DHL.

  26. #296

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Sadly I had to cancel my order of Amber Cologne with LuckyScent. They have spent the last week jerking me around and I am done doing business with them. I refuse to give businesses that don't care about customers my money.

    That being said...how is ordering through Bortnikoff? Is it like Areej where you place the order and hope it goes through? Only to get a DHL text the day of arrival or is it a better process?

    Also, I tried Areej Ottoman Empire II today and strongly disliked what I would assume to be the frangipani...it almost had a urinal cake type vibe about it. Would any of you that have tried both say the frangipani accord is similar?
    I only know Ottoman Empire I and haven't tried OE II yet. Assuming that OE I & II are extremely similar, I personally don't perceive any particular similarities between Ottoman Empire and Amber Cologne. The dominant floral note that I perceive in OE is primarily a silky rose. While I don't associate OE with urinal cake, I'm guessing that the oud (or its combination with other notes) in OE might contribute to a certain "stinky" vibe. With Amber Cologne, I get qutie a lot of the sweet and slightly fruity frangipani, but none of the "skanky" oud vibe like in OE. The ambergris in Amber Cologne might conjure up the halitosis association to some people, but it's pretty mild here and it's definitely a different smell from OE.
    Currently wearing: Community by The Zoo

  27. #297
    Basenotes Plus

    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    181

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    OE II and Amber Cologne are completely different to my nose. Ordered backup bottles of the entire third collection as well as Oud Maximus!

  28. #298
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Well a little good news Luckyscent has 12 bottles of Vetiver Nocturne up from seven just few days ago. So still a chance if you missed this one so far.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

  29. #299

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Is Vetiver Nocturne safe for office work? Reviews on Fragrantica seems mixed.

  30. #300
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    12,952

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by KolnGuy View Post
    Is Vetiver Nocturne safe for office work? Reviews on Fragrantica seems mixed.
    Very much so. It's composition isn't edgy at all. I wear it to work without fear similar to Russian Musk. Totally enjoyable for hours on end.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff




Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré!!!!
    By ammarmali in forum Fragrance Splits Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd April 2019, 07:09 PM
  2. Areej Le Dore Atlantic Ambergris
    By devilluvzme in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2018, 08:53 PM
  3. Wanted: Areej Le Doré - Siberian Musk
    By remik in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th January 2018, 12:26 AM
  4. Feel Oud and Areej le Dore (closed)
    By russian adam in forum Oudh Ud Aoud <3 erz
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30th October 2017, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000