Code of Conduct
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    The citrus-salt-ambergris sounds amazing...but (I know this is a personal thing) does the franngipani overpower the fragrance? I've smelled it in other perfumes and it just totally dominates everything else.
    The frangipani and the tropical vanilla/coconut/sandalwood-like creaminess in Amber Cologne definitely dominate on my skin. The citrus are adjacent to the tropical floral, while the ambergris is more like un undertone. I'd summarise it as "wearing monoi oil in a tropical resort with occasional whiffs of the distant ocean air".

Or visually speaking, like the following picture, with the ocean (ambergris) in the distant background:

Currently wearing: Community by The Zoo

Thanks for the explanation. I think I may have to get a decant first.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaDiverFlynn View Post
    The frangipani and the tropical vanilla/coconut/sandalwood-like creaminess in Amber Cologne definitely dominate on my skin. The citrus are adjacent to the tropical floral, while the ambergris is more like un undertone. I'd summarise it as "wearing monoi oil in a tropical resort with occasional whiffs of the distant ocean air".

Or visually speaking, like the following picture, with the ocean (ambergris) in the distant background:

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

So would you recommend purchasing from Dmitry's website or Luckyscent. Does anyone have pros and cons either way. I live in the continental US. I see Luckyscent has free shipping over $75.00 but most of the new Bortnikoff samples are out especially of the newer scents. How is the shipping from Bortnikoff to the US? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Currently wearing: Zemfira by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    So would you recommend purchasing from Dmitry's website or Luckyscent. Does anyone have pros and cons either way. I live in the continental US. I see Luckyscent has free shipping over $75.00 but most of the new Bortnikoff samples are out especially of the newer scents. How is the shipping from Bortnikoff to the US? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I like to support Dmitry by buying direct. He ships using DHL and very reliable and tracked, well packed.

It's my birthday and I'm treating myself to a bottle of Amber Cologne which is a blind buy. It's backordered but due to arrive sonn. I've bought probably 50+ bottles from LuckyScent and anything that's in stock is shipped super fast (usually same day) and via USPS Priority which makes it from LA-->Chicago in about 3 days...maybe 4 and that shipping method is free through their coupon code at the top of the page. Bortnikoff, if you're ordering DHL would be about and extra $30 for the combined cost of product and shipping and would probably take the same time to get to you depending on where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    I like to support Dmitry by buying direct. He ships using DHL and very reliable and tracked, well packed.
    Excellent very nice to know perhaps similar to Russian Adam. I wonder if he provides teaser samples if you buy direct?

It's my birthday and I'm treating myself to a bottle of Amber Cologne which is a blind buy. It's backordered but due to arrive sonn. I've bought probably 50+ bottles from LuckyScent and anything that's in stock is shipped super fast (usually same day) and via USPS Priority which makes it from LA-->Chicago in about 3 days...maybe 4 and that shipping method is free through their coupon code at the top of the page. Bortnikoff, if you're ordering DHL would be about and extra $30 for the combined cost of product and shipping and would probably take the same time to get to you depending on where you live.
    I have noticed lately from Italy & France my shipping turnaround time is within a week so being in the Knoxville area in Tennessee it seems this isn't a problem. Luckyscent has really tried to be in tune with many houses across the world and at a decent price point. I have had a great history with them as well.
    Good luck on Amber Cologne it sounds delightful for this time of year. I am hoping Musk Kabib is the real deal as I am anxious to try this in the newer grouping.

I have retract my statement about LuckyScent and their fast shipping and great service. My recent purchase...I had asked prior to ordering when it would ship. I was told no later than the 16th the product would come in and ship right thereafter. It's now the 18th and I had to reach out to their customer service team to see what is going on. It doesn't seem like they know when anything is coming in (not that hard to check tracking progress.)

At this point I wish I had just ordered through Bortnikoff. LuckyScent doesn't know how to handle customer service requests very well. I have repeatedly sung their praises in the past..but this is my last order with them. I'll be ordering through Areej, Bortnikoff, Slumberhouse directly from now on. More money for the perfumer...a little more out of pocket but not having to deal with someone that doesn't know what's going on or how to treat customers. It's worth it to me.

I have retract my statement about LuckyScent and their fast shipping and great service. My recent purchase...I had asked prior to ordering when it would ship. I was told no later than the 16th the product would come in and ship right thereafter. It's now the 18th and I had to reach out to their customer service team to see what is going on. It doesn't seem like they know when anything is coming in (not that hard to check tracking progress.)

At this point I wish I had just ordered through Bortnikoff. LuckyScent doesn't know how to handle customer service requests very well. I have repeatedly sung their praises in the past..but this is my last order with them. I'll be ordering through Areej, Bortnikoff, Slumberhouse directly from now on. More money for the perfumer...a little more out of pocket but not having to deal with someone that doesn't know what's going on or how to treat customers. It's worth it to me.
    Thank you rynegne for your honest assessment as I was holding out still on what to do. I have been monitoring a FB of Vetiver Nocturne on Dmitry's website and they are low in stock but it still remains at eleven for a few days so I think I will have another paycheck to hit before moving forward.

Basenotes Plus

LMAO no surprise I’ve been saying there customer service is shit for awhile now. I was actually in town and stopped by Scent bar and that further confirms there all a little crazy over there. That’s why I’ll continue to buy direct from the brand itself at all costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel

I've been ordering from them for a while now and never had a single issue in the past until late last year and now. It would seem from my interactions with them that they don't really care if I stay as their customer or not...even after all of the years and thousands I've spent with them. I totally agree...I'd rather see the money go back to the perfumer than a company that doesn't care about their long time customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Niche_Addict07 View Post
    LMAO no surprise I’ve been saying there customer service is shit for awhile now. I was actually in town and stopped by Scent bar and that further confirms there all a little crazy over there. That’s why I’ll continue to buy direct from the brand itself at all costs.

Basenotes Plus

Really enjoying Oud Monarch today. There is a high quality vanilla in the base that is exquisite.

To me the top notes punch you and then move onto the spirit world, and the rose and vanilla and oud take over. It’s a lavish yet somehow subtle scent, blended ingeniously. I shall have more to say on this as I wear it.

Brief note Vetiver Nocturne is now sold out on Dmitry's website. Will more become available?

Basenotes Plus

Brief note Vetiver Nocturne is now sold out on Dmitry's website. Will more become available?
    Shit I was excited to try that one. He shipped my sample packs a couple weeks ago and still they haven’t arrived.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

Highly doubt it. Bortnikoffs I believe are like Areej fragrances...once gone, they’re gone.

All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

If I didn't like Walimah, would I like Vetiver Nocturne?

Both seem to have similar notes listed, like champaca...

Quote Originally Posted by KolnGuy View Post

Two very different fragrances, even though there are some similar notes. If florals are the problem, then you might not like VN. You’ll never know if you don’t try though.

All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Vetiver Nocturne is amazing and is my personal favorite just above Oud Maximus. I will tell you Lucky Scent has seven left if anyone is interested.

I find the mossy floral dry down of Walimah feels like a more abstract version of the first half of Vétiver Nocturne. However, VN has a more prominent sandalwood in the base and has much less of the unctuous, almost cheese-like oud aspect like in the opening of Walimah.

I have had the good fortune to try the 3 collections of Bortnikoff, of the first I did not buy any, it was not that they were bad but they did not fill me.

From the second buy Vetiver Nocturno and Oud Maximus, I really liked the two, from this third collection I bought Amber Cologne and Musk Khabib, I think Amber is ideal for these months with good weather and near the sea. Good shopping I did in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMicha View Post
    I have had the good fortune to try the 3 collections of Bortnikoff, of the first I did not buy any, it was not that they were bad but they did not fill me.

From the second buy Vetiver Nocturno and Oud Maximus, I really liked the two, from this third collection I bought Amber Cologne and Musk Khabib, I think Amber is ideal for these months with good weather and near the sea. Good shopping I did in my opinion.
    We may be similar nothing in the first collection seemed interesting to me but others seemed to enjoy them. Vetiver Nocturne has turned my head it is awesome perhaps my favorite scent this year so far and Oud Maximus I am learning is very good and need more time with it. Tempted to try Amber Cologne & Musk Khabib. in the third series very soon. Dmitry's talent is developing a cult following but as others have said you have to move fast before he vaults them. So the more he receives acclaim the quicker his scents will sell pretty quick putting a burden on my dithering.

User of Toilet Water

Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    HBortnikoffs I believe are like Areej fragrances...once gone, they’re gone.
    Until part II?
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Sadly I had to cancel my order of Amber Cologne with LuckyScent. They have spent the last week jerking me around and I am done doing business with them. I refuse to give businesses that don't care about customers my money.

That being said...how is ordering through Bortnikoff? Is it like Areej where you place the order and hope it goes through? Only to get a DHL text the day of arrival or is it a better process?

Also, I tried Areej Ottoman Empire II today and strongly disliked what I would assume to be the frangipani...it almost had a urinal cake type vibe about it. Would any of you that have tried both say the frangipani accord is similar?

Basenotes Plus

he's very professional and ships within a few days. Go with DHL.

I haven't tried Ottoman Empire 2 yet. But every Bortnikoff (I have them all) is fantastic. Nothing urinal. I think it's an aromachemical in the Russian Adam blend but you would far more than I on this subject.

Perfect, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thrilledchilled View Post
    he's very professional and ships within a few days. Go with DHL.

Sadly I had to cancel my order of Amber Cologne with LuckyScent. They have spent the last week jerking me around and I am done doing business with them. I refuse to give businesses that don't care about customers my money.

That being said...how is ordering through Bortnikoff? Is it like Areej where you place the order and hope it goes through? Only to get a DHL text the day of arrival or is it a better process?

Also, I tried Areej Ottoman Empire II today and strongly disliked what I would assume to be the frangipani...it almost had a urinal cake type vibe about it. Would any of you that have tried both say the frangipani accord is similar?
    I only know Ottoman Empire I and haven't tried OE II yet. Assuming that OE I & II are extremely similar, I personally don't perceive any particular similarities between Ottoman Empire and Amber Cologne. The dominant floral note that I perceive in OE is primarily a silky rose. While I don't associate OE with urinal cake, I'm guessing that the oud (or its combination with other notes) in OE might contribute to a certain "stinky" vibe. With Amber Cologne, I get qutie a lot of the sweet and slightly fruity frangipani, but none of the "skanky" oud vibe like in OE. The ambergris in Amber Cologne might conjure up the halitosis association to some people, but it's pretty mild here and it's definitely a different smell from OE.

Basenotes Plus

OE II and Amber Cologne are completely different to my nose. Ordered backup bottles of the entire third collection as well as Oud Maximus!

Well a little good news Luckyscent has 12 bottles of Vetiver Nocturne up from seven just few days ago. So still a chance if you missed this one so far.

Is Vetiver Nocturne safe for office work? Reviews on Fragrantica seems mixed.

Is Vetiver Nocturne safe for office work? Reviews on Fragrantica seems mixed.
    Very much so. It's composition isn't edgy at all. I wear it to work without fear similar to Russian Musk. Totally enjoyable for hours on end.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast