Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Ordered samples will check in if possible

I have now sampled the three fragrances. I expected them to be powerhouses à la Areej but they are definitely not. These are very smooth and high quality fragrances, but I am having a hard time smelling them. I ordered the smaller sample set so the sprayer itself is small as well. By using 7-8 sprays, which I think equals one or two sprays from a bottle, I still get very moderate projection. Not sure yet which one I liked the most, also not sure if this is full bottle worthy to me.

A question for others who have tried these: Mysterious Oud is a very intriguing smell, but I don't get oud at all, something which surprises me a lot given the notes breakdown. What is your experience with this scent?

Mysterious Oud sounds really interesting, but I'd like to hear more about it first before busting open my wallet. I found many of Areej's perfumes WAY too heavy on the florals for my liking and I see quite a few floral notes listed on this. Anyone have experience?

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Mysterious Oud sounds really interesting, but I'd like to hear more about it first before busting open my wallet. I found many of Areej's perfumes WAY too heavy on the florals for my liking and I see quite a few floral notes listed on this. Anyone have experience?
    strifeknot is hosting a split on all 3 if that helps

User of Toilet Water

I just noticed Bortnikoff is now offering 30 ml bottles in addition to the 50ml. I plan on ordering a 50 ml of Mysterious Oud next week.

Basenotes Institution

I got my decant of Coup de Foudre in & it's my SOTD. I love it.

Where I sprayed it on the crooks of my elbows on both arms, the skin got all red and tingly. So yep this baby has got lots of naturals! lol. Not a big deal, the redness went away. Maybe it has cinnamon in it (Madhat's SantL has the same effect on my skin).

There's a whole bunch going on with this scent - I need time to post my thoughts.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle
    Currently wearing: Bois de Mysore by Mizensir

Basenotes Plus

I went blind as I love areej le dore fragrances I went with Bonheur blindly with the sample set as well so we’ll see and I’ll report back on my thoughts when there in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find me on Instagram: Niche_Addict07
    “Your fragrance is your message, your scented slogan.” – Maurice Roucel
    Currently wearing: Meydan by Nabeel

In a nutshell to me mysterious oud carries a scent memory of walking into a tire store. I love that smell, it has much more going on but for me I love just closing my eyes and thinking of tires as I inhale deep. Coup is a great fresh floral wonderful for this time of year to cut trough the heat. Bonheur is in vein of Atlantic ambergris but the spices used compared to the later don't feel as fresh and bright, but a little heavier and darker. no it's not beast mode, does it have to be? That for you to decide, so with any fragrance I can and will only recommend to sample first.

Thanks for the impressions, guys. I might get in on strifeknot’s split next month. Don’t feel like shelling out for hefty shipping just for samples.
    Currently wearing: Bois du Portugal by Creed

Basenotes Plus

Well got my first package in and I must say I am impressed. I sprung for a 50Ml bottle of Bonheur and the sample pack.

First impressions I think a bottle of cope de foudre is my next bottle. I wasn’t blown away by the mystic Oud maybe because I’m not the biggest Oud fan but it may grow on me.

Basenotes Institution

fgeib07 - do you like Atlantic Ambergris, which everyone is comparing Bonheur to? I own a large decant of AA and love it!
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    fgeib07 - do you like Atlantic Ambergris, which everyone is comparing Bonheur to? I own a large decant of AA and love it!
    I have a very small decant if ATlantic Ambergris I can see the comparison but if I had to chose I’d take the AA over Bonheur but if I ever had a chance to get a bottle I’d for sure grab it I kick myself every time I talk about that for not picking up a bottle when I had the chance.

I didn't know what to expect from these fragrances before ordering them, but they're all impressive. They're composed with high quality materials, like Areej le Doré, but I daresay they're assembled more deftly, with a greater sense of balance. As much as I like Areej le Doré's scents, not one of them feels perfectly composed. There's just a little something that seems out of place as the notes progress. This isn't the case with the Bortnikoffs, which flow elegantly from opening to finish. There's nothing about them that I'd want tweeked.
    Rare, vintage, and niche off-site sales.
    Big list of niche splits.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by strifeknot View Post
    I didn't know what to expect from these fragrances before ordering them, but they're all impressive. They're composed with high quality materials, like Areej le Doré, but I daresay they're assembled more deftly, with a greater sense of balance. As much as I like Areej le Doré's scents, not one of them feels perfectly composed. There's just a little something that seems out of place as the notes progress. This isn't the case with the Bortnikoffs, which flow elegantly from opening to finish. There's nothing about them that I'd want tweeked.
    That’s interesting point of view I can certainly agree with your statement. The few ALD I have tried I always say to myself I wish etc etc but so far with Bonheur I like it as it is so far nothing i wish was different. I’ll have to have more time with them for sure but off the bat there really impressive

User of Toilet Water

FYI: Bortnikoff and all three fragrances are now listed in the Basenotes directory: http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancedi.../?house=105372

Basenotes Institution

Oh great, thanks for the update BHound

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Now some have had time to settle down with these fragrances. Any wows in the three? Any office friendly?
    Currently wearing: Oud Monarch by Bortnikoff

Bortnikoff Mysterious Oud !!!

The fragrance hails from the perfumer and mastermind who co-owns "Feel-Oud " .
    Very dark animalic oud fragrance with the blast of bergamot, cardamom and amber at the initial spray. Not a crowd pleaser for sure but if you are into authentic oud fragrance you would surely love it... Its been 45 minutes wearing it and I can see it is a multi dimensional fragrance with note layers unfolding.
    Have to wait for 5-6 hours to see how does the base notes smell on my skin..
    Overall a beautifully blended perfume .

Has anyone tried their fragrances??

Sale thread : http://www.basenotes.net/threads/439...iziana-Terenzi

People looking to buy niche fragrances in India can PM me with their requirement.Would love to serve you all
    Owner at Splash Fragrance India

Basenotes Institution

I recently went to NYC and usually when I travel I take one vacation scent (usually something that is new for me, to make a nice vacation memory tied to the scent) and then only a handful of scents from my wardrobe to get me thru. This trip I took my decant of Coup de Foudre by Bortnikoff and I have to say it really performed nicely a couple of nights when I wanted something formal, serious and luxurious-smelling for a NYC 'night out'.

The way the spices mix with the florals and the woods/resins is completely satisfying to me - as an oriental fragrance lover. I am reminded of the Big Orientals (Shalimar, Opium, Cinnabar), but made with wonderful sandalwood and with a nice oud/funk to them. Still this has it's own DNA and smells unique.

I enjoy wearing this one a little more heavy on the application than other oud perfumes. Worn this way the fragrance comes more alive and feels infinitely more satisfying. 4-5 sprays from my small decant bottle work perfect.

-- Eckhart Tolle

Do you all have any recommendations for a Russian Oud daily driver? Since it's sold out, I really only wear it on occasions. When I took my little bro out for drinks when he returned from the marine corps, when I moved into my new apartment in Paris, etc.

Yesterday I finally sprung for a bottle of Bortnikoff's Bonheur and it's on the way now, but after walking out this morning for coffee and having my first dose of crisp 60degree autumn air hit me. It made me realize I needed to find my fall go-to scent. Bonheur is a bit too sweet/spring time based on the sample I have but I could be wrong. I also have a luckyscent sample of the Ensar No1 edp on the way. For reference, I really like the way Roja Dove Creation-E matures and develops in cold air. May get a bottle of that if you all have no additional suggestions?
    Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Yesterday I finally sprung for a bottle of Bortnikoff's Bonheur and it's on the way now, but after walking out this morning for coffee and having my first dose of crisp 60degree autumn air hit me. It made me realize I needed to find my fall go-to scent. Bonheur is a bit too sweet/spring time based on the sample I have but I could be wrong. I also have a luckyscent sample of the Ensar No1 edp on the way.
    A couple of days ago, it was quite fall-like and I wore Ensar Oud No. 1. It performed beautifully, and I said to myself I'll be wearing it a lot more often as the weather cools. It's strong without being obnoxious, and is versatile, suitable for day or night, formal or casual.
    For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm. - Vladimir Nabokov

Try sampling coup de foudre

A couple of days ago, it was quite fall-like and I wore Ensar Oud No. 1. It performed beautifully, and I said to myself I'll be wearing it a lot more often as the weather cools. It's strong without being obnoxious, and is versatile, suitable for day or night, formal or casual.
    awesome. I've got a sample from luckyscent in the mail as I type this. looking forward to testing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    Try sampling coup de foudre
    I have a sample of all three of bortnikoff's frags. I just ordered the bonheur because that was my favorite. coup de foudre is too gourmand-sweet for me. I was actually surprised at all the hype around it. doesn't fit my personality at all.
    Don't stank.

That's a pity, I get a good belt of pine from it which offsets the sweetness and makes it great for autumn

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Valier View Post
    That's a pity, I get a good belt of pine from it which offsets the sweetness and makes it great for autumn
    I get very little pine. I do get a lot of sweetness, spice and oud. I wish I got pine.

-- Eckhart Tolle

oy vey. remind me to order from luckyscent whenever possible. Frag sat two full business days at customs, still waiting.
    Don't stank.

!!!

SOOOOOOO a few days back I ordered a sample set to have sent to my friend in Sweden. I never got shipping confirmation so I sent Dmitry an email like "hey man what's goin on with my order?"

The response?

2nd Collection Bortnikoff and 4 Collection Areej incoming! The funny take away in all this is that my friend in Sweden is only passively interested in frags and could be the first person to officially get this drop. I'm as excited as I am pissed.
    Don't stank.

Thanks for that. I'm more interested in something new from Bortnikoff than from Areej le Dore at this point.

Thanks for that. I'm more interested in something new from Bortnikoff than from Areej le Dore at this point.

Interesting. The only "bad" areej I've tried is Indolis. That's a full blown regal grandma frag in my opinion. Russian Musk and Russian Ouds were both loves.

Inverno Russo and Flux de Fleur were the only ones I was on the fence about, and there's a strong possibility I like Bonheur and Coup de Foudre better than those two. Can't say for certain though because I haven't had ample sized samples of them all to say for sure. Mysterious Oud comes behind Russian Oud and Ensar EO1 for me. Either way I'm really excited to have Full collections of Areej and Bortnikoff to go through this fall/winter.
    Don't stank.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast