Code of Conduct
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1226
o

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

I gave a short review on Vatinee before and have worn it a couple more times since then. While it wasn't a wow on first sniff I actually really grew to like it a lot. I'd say in terms of blending it is one of Dmitry's best yet. So smooth. And I don't find it too feminine actually (considering that it's dedicated to "all beautiful ladies in the world" or something like that...). It's definitely a pick me up scent for me, but with 15ml I have to use it a bit sparingly...

My Bortnikoff Top 5 (also in no order) would be:

Amber Cologne
    Oud Maximus
    Symphonie de Neroli
    Bonheur
    Oud Monarch
    Last edited by Tosef; 3rd January 2020 at 09:07 AM.

Top 5 Bortnikoff

#1 Amber Cologne
    #2 Oud Maximus
    #3 L'Heure Exquise
    #4 Coup de Foudre
    #5 Oud Monarch

For me:

1: Bonheur
    2: Amber Cologne
    3: Oud Monarch
    4: Coup de Foudre
    5: This is a catch all for the others i like but are meh (Vetiver Nocturne, L'heure, Maximus, Mysterious Oud)

And while we're on the subject...

Don't stank.

my top five:

1. Oud Maximus (By far my favorite and easily my fav Oud scent)
    2. Bonheur (I really hope he makes a signature version)
    3. Amber Cologne
    4. Oud Monarch
    5. Symphonie de Neroli or Vetiver Nocturne
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    I gave a short review on Vatinee before and have worn it a couple more times since then. While it wasn't a wow on first sniff I actually really grew to like it a lot. I'd say in terms of blending it is one of Dmitry's best yet. So smooth. And I don't find it too feminine actually (considering that it's dedicated to "all beautiful ladies in the world" or something like that...). It's definitely a pick me up scent for me, but with 15ml I have to use it a bit sparingly...
    Thanks Tosef
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

My Top 5

Coup de Foudre
    Oud Maximus
    L'Heure Exquise
    Musk Khabib
    Mysterious Oud

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Would really like to get it, but shipping to my country is a whopping $55...

Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Substitute your Mysterious Oud for Musk Cologne and I would line up perfectly with you.
    That’s wild. Our taste really is similar. I really need to try Musk Cologne! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post

My Bortnikoff Top 5 (also in no order) would be:

Amber Cologne
    Oud Maximus
    Symphonie de Neroli
    Bonheur
    Oud Maximus
    Wow...Symphonie is in front of Bonheur? That’s surprising knowing how much you like Atlantic Ambergris. Oud Maximus is on there twice?

All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I wore this for the first time in a couple months yesterday. So so good. It rivals Amber Cologne as my favorite from the house.
    Amber Cologne is amazing though...it’s place in my top three is hard to nail down. Maybe in summer it might move to #2

Lucky oud on the way. Super excited

Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    Wow...Symphonie is in front of Bonheur? That’s surprising knowing how much you like Atlantic Ambergris. Oud Maximus is on there twice?

Thanks for pointing that out! I meant Oud Monarch!

The list was in no specific order but actually I would say that Symphonie comes before Bonheur for me. To me Bonheur is more spicy and less barbershoppy and its ambergris is missing that specific oceanic aspect that I love so much about AA. I usually just wear it at home, when I'm in a 'cozy' mood or sometimes to the office.

Symphonie however is more easy to wear, especially in Sri Lanka's climate, and an absolute pick me up scent for me. Definitely gets more wearing time than Bonheur!

Basenotes Plus

So from the Bortnikoff's that have ambergris in them, which ones do you find the most ambergris-prominent?

Bonheur, Amber Cologne, Vetiver Nocturne, L'Heure Exquise, Musk Khabib, Sir Winston or Symphonie de Neroli?

For me it's definitely Bonheur and Amber Cologne.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    That’s wild. Our taste really is similar. I really need to try Musk Cologne! Lol

Two thumbs up.

Just tried musk khabib, musk cologne and oud monarch.... these are amazing

The promotion right now that comes with vatinee, is that for 9ml or a 15ml bottle?
    Just bought musk khabib. Cant wait. The decent I have has blown me away
    Last edited by Cwliias; 4th January 2020 at 11:26 AM.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    The promotion right now that comes with vatinee, is that for 9ml or a 15ml bottle?
    Just bought musk khabib. Cant wait. The decent I have has blown me away
    15 ml. Enjoy...!
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

Luckyscent finally decanted a lucky oud bottle. Put in an order for samples of Lucky Oud and War&Peace2. Should get here next week thursday.

Really looking forward to these creations even though i'm hoping i don't like it at $360 a bottle lol
    Don't stank.

Lucky oud on the way. Super excited
    You must have some deep pockets. You've ordered like every Slumberhouse, Bortnikoff, ALD, Madhat available

Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    You must have some deep pockets. You've ordered like every Slumberhouse, Bortnikoff, ALD, Madhat available
    I'm doing alright. I also split these with some people, I usually decant half of what I get to help with cost a bit

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Luckyscent finally decanted a lucky oud bottle. Put in an order for samples of Lucky Oud and War&Peace2. Should get here next week thursday.

Really looking forward to these creations even though i'm hoping i don't like it at $360 a bottle lol
    Been following this thread for months and sampling Bortnikoff. Held off buying any as I am too invested in many others with ALD leading the pack followed by Slumberhouse. Lucky Oud sounds fantastic and if I only buy one it seems a natural choice. Just placed an order for a bottle and they show only 18 left... "If" they already received their entire order (and I doubt they have) stock may not hold out long enough to sample. With this being limited to 100 bottles FOMO sets in as if it were ALD! Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive the sample. My money is you will love it. Expecting my delivery in about 12 days.
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Been following this thread for months and sampling Bortnikoff. Held off buying any as I am too invested in many others with ALD leading the pack followed by Slumberhouse. Lucky Oud sounds fantastic and if I only buy one it seems a natural choice. Just placed an order for a bottle and they show only 18 left... "If" they already received their entire order (and I doubt they have) stock may not hold out long enough to sample. With this being limited to 100 bottles FOMO sets in as if it were ALD! Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive the sample. My money is you will love it. Expecting my delivery in about 12 days.
    Mines expected tuesday, I cannot wait.

Basenotes Junkie

Mines expected tuesday, I cannot wait.
    Looking forward to seeing you post on it. I am on the wrong side of the border for quick delivery...
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    There has never been a bortnikoff release too hot to sample first before purchasing so I’m not worried
    Don't stank.

Basenotes Plus

Received my bottle of Amber Cologne from Luckyscent today along with samples of Sir Winston, Oud Maximus (already went through another sample of it), Musk Cologne (already have a fb on the way from Bortnikoff direct), and Oud Monarch.

I was wearing Baikal Gris today and a few hours ago my wife says you smell good and put her nose to my neck. She says that’s not what I smell. I had to put some of the Oud Monarch sample on my wrist earlier to check it out. I raised my wrist towards her nose and she said “mmm, that’s what I could smell”.

Looks like I’m going to have to order my 3rd fb of Bortnikoff this week.

Basenotes Plus

I'm also looking forward to my bottle of Lucky Oud.
    Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    Received my bottle of Amber Cologne from Luckyscent today along with samples of Sir Winston, Oud Maximus (already went through another sample of it), Musk Cologne (already have a fb on the way from Bortnikoff direct), and Oud Monarch.

I was wearing Baikal Gris today and a few hours ago my wife says you smell good and put her nose to my neck. She says that’s not what I smell. I had to put some of the Oud Monarch sample on my wrist earlier to check it out. I raised my wrist towards her nose and she said “mmm, that’s what I could smell”.

Looks like I’m going to have to order my 3rd fb of Bortnikoff this week.
    All great choices.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    I'm also looking forward to my bottle of Lucky Oud.

All great choices.

I could probably live off of Musk Cologne, Amber Cologne, and Oud Monarch. That gourmand cinnamon/vanilla/oud combination in monarch is phenomenal.
    Don't stank.

A little bit of news/opinion: today I went and sampled Oud Max ‘19 at Scent Bar in NY(I also tried di ser Kyara). I own the original of Oud Maximus and consider it to be my fav Oud perfume. At first spray I was a bit taken back: the smell seemed darker out of the gate, maybe a different distillate of a citrus top note? Not sure—- but a minute later(Maybe 2 minutes tops), it settled down and was noticeably Oud Max. Wonderful. Glad this scent is still the absolute beauty that I’ve come to know and love.

My bortnikoff collection is consisting of musk khabib, oud monarch, lucky oud and vatinee. What else should I look into

My bortnikoff collection is consisting of musk khabib, oud monarch, lucky oud and vatinee. What else should I look into
    Which ones are your favs of those? That might help. I’m a broken record so: OUD MAXIMUS

Basenotes Plus

Musk Cologne, Amber Cologne, Sir Winston and Oud Maximus.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast