Code of Conduct
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1226
o
  1. #991
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    I gave a short review on Vatinee before and have worn it a couple more times since then. While it wasn't a wow on first sniff I actually really grew to like it a lot. I'd say in terms of blending it is one of Dmitry's best yet. So smooth. And I don't find it too feminine actually (considering that it's dedicated to "all beautiful ladies in the world" or something like that...). It's definitely a pick me up scent for me, but with 15ml I have to use it a bit sparingly...

    My Bortnikoff Top 5 (also in no order) would be:

    Amber Cologne
    Oud Maximus
    Symphonie de Neroli
    Bonheur
    Oud Monarch
    Last edited by Tosef; 3rd January 2020 at 09:07 AM.

  2. #992

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Top 5 Bortnikoff

    #1 Amber Cologne
    #2 Oud Maximus
    #3 L'Heure Exquise
    #4 Coup de Foudre
    #5 Oud Monarch

  3. #993

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    For me:

    1: Bonheur
    2: Amber Cologne
    3: Oud Monarch
    4: Coup de Foudre
    5: This is a catch all for the others i like but are meh (Vetiver Nocturne, L'heure, Maximus, Mysterious Oud)



    And while we're on the subject...






    Don't stank.

  4. #994

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    my top five:

    1. Oud Maximus (By far my favorite and easily my fav Oud scent)
    2. Bonheur (I really hope he makes a signature version)
    3. Amber Cologne
    4. Oud Monarch
    5. Symphonie de Neroli or Vetiver Nocturne
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

  5. #995
    Basenotes Plus

    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    37,364

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    I gave a short review on Vatinee before and have worn it a couple more times since then. While it wasn't a wow on first sniff I actually really grew to like it a lot. I'd say in terms of blending it is one of Dmitry's best yet. So smooth. And I don't find it too feminine actually (considering that it's dedicated to "all beautiful ladies in the world" or something like that...). It's definitely a pick me up scent for me, but with 15ml I have to use it a bit sparingly...
    Thanks Tosef
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  6. #996

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    My Top 5

    Coup de Foudre
    Oud Maximus
    L'Heure Exquise
    Musk Khabib
    Mysterious Oud

  7. #997

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Would really like to get it, but shipping to my country is a whopping $55...

  8. #998
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by TNBLUEMIKE View Post
    Substitute your Mysterious Oud for Musk Cologne and I would line up perfectly with you.
    That’s wild. Our taste really is similar. I really need to try Musk Cologne! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  9. #999
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tosef View Post
    I gave a short review on Vatinee before and have worn it a couple more times since then. While it wasn't a wow on first sniff I actually really grew to like it a lot. I'd say in terms of blending it is one of Dmitry's best yet. So smooth. And I don't find it too feminine actually (considering that it's dedicated to "all beautiful ladies in the world" or something like that...). It's definitely a pick me up scent for me, but with 15ml I have to use it a bit sparingly...

    My Bortnikoff Top 5 (also in no order) would be:

    Amber Cologne
    Oud Maximus
    Symphonie de Neroli
    Bonheur
    Oud Maximus
    Wow...Symphonie is in front of Bonheur? That’s surprising knowing how much you like Atlantic Ambergris. Oud Maximus is on there twice?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  10. #1000
    Super Member SydnorIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    233

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jcelello View Post
    I wore this for the first time in a couple months yesterday. So so good. It rivals Amber Cologne as my favorite from the house.
    Amber Cologne is amazing though...it’s place in my top three is hard to nail down. Maybe in summer it might move to #2


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All thy garments smell of myrrh, and aloes, and cassia, out of the ivory palaces, whereby they have made thee glad.

  11. #1001

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Lucky oud on the way. Super excited

  12. #1002
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    Wow...Symphonie is in front of Bonheur? That’s surprising knowing how much you like Atlantic Ambergris. Oud Maximus is on there twice?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for pointing that out! I meant Oud Monarch!

    The list was in no specific order but actually I would say that Symphonie comes before Bonheur for me. To me Bonheur is more spicy and less barbershoppy and its ambergris is missing that specific oceanic aspect that I love so much about AA. I usually just wear it at home, when I'm in a 'cozy' mood or sometimes to the office.

    Symphonie however is more easy to wear, especially in Sri Lanka's climate, and an absolute pick me up scent for me. Definitely gets more wearing time than Bonheur!

  13. #1003
    Basenotes Plus

    mikeperez23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    37,364

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    So from the Bortnikoff's that have ambergris in them, which ones do you find the most ambergris-prominent?

    Bonheur, Amber Cologne, Vetiver Nocturne, L'Heure Exquise, Musk Khabib, Sir Winston or Symphonie de Neroli?

    For me it's definitely Bonheur and Amber Cologne.
    "When you become comfortable with uncertainty. infinite possibilities open up in your life"

    -- Eckhart Tolle

  14. #1004
    Basenotes Institution TNBLUEMIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    13,050

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by SydnorIII View Post
    That’s wild. Our taste really is similar. I really need to try Musk Cologne! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Two thumbs up.

  15. #1005

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Just tried musk khabib, musk cologne and oud monarch.... these are amazing

    The promotion right now that comes with vatinee, is that for 9ml or a 15ml bottle?
    Just bought musk khabib. Cant wait. The decent I have has blown me away
    Last edited by Cwliias; 4th January 2020 at 11:26 AM.

  16. #1006
    Basenotes Plus
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15,652

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    The promotion right now that comes with vatinee, is that for 9ml or a 15ml bottle?
    Just bought musk khabib. Cant wait. The decent I have has blown me away
    15 ml. Enjoy...!
    “...too many among us die at thirty and are buried at eighty.” - Robin Sharma

  17. #1007

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Luckyscent finally decanted a lucky oud bottle. Put in an order for samples of Lucky Oud and War&Peace2. Should get here next week thursday.

    Really looking forward to these creations even though i'm hoping i don't like it at $360 a bottle lol
    Don't stank.

  18. #1008

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    Lucky oud on the way. Super excited
    You must have some deep pockets. You've ordered like every Slumberhouse, Bortnikoff, ALD, Madhat available

  19. #1009

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by bl00drunzcold View Post
    You must have some deep pockets. You've ordered like every Slumberhouse, Bortnikoff, ALD, Madhat available
    I'm doing alright. I also split these with some people, I usually decant half of what I get to help with cost a bit

  20. #1010
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    Luckyscent finally decanted a lucky oud bottle. Put in an order for samples of Lucky Oud and War&Peace2. Should get here next week thursday.

    Really looking forward to these creations even though i'm hoping i don't like it at $360 a bottle lol
    Been following this thread for months and sampling Bortnikoff. Held off buying any as I am too invested in many others with ALD leading the pack followed by Slumberhouse. Lucky Oud sounds fantastic and if I only buy one it seems a natural choice. Just placed an order for a bottle and they show only 18 left... "If" they already received their entire order (and I doubt they have) stock may not hold out long enough to sample. With this being limited to 100 bottles FOMO sets in as if it were ALD! Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive the sample. My money is you will love it. Expecting my delivery in about 12 days.
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

  21. #1011

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Been following this thread for months and sampling Bortnikoff. Held off buying any as I am too invested in many others with ALD leading the pack followed by Slumberhouse. Lucky Oud sounds fantastic and if I only buy one it seems a natural choice. Just placed an order for a bottle and they show only 18 left... "If" they already received their entire order (and I doubt they have) stock may not hold out long enough to sample. With this being limited to 100 bottles FOMO sets in as if it were ALD! Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive the sample. My money is you will love it. Expecting my delivery in about 12 days.
    Mines expected tuesday, I cannot wait.

  22. #1012
    Basenotes Junkie
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    534

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    Mines expected tuesday, I cannot wait.
    Looking forward to seeing you post on it. I am on the wrong side of the border for quick delivery...
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

  23. #1013

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by U2u View Post
    Been following this thread for months and sampling Bortnikoff. Held off buying any as I am too invested in many others with ALD leading the pack followed by Slumberhouse. Lucky Oud sounds fantastic and if I only buy one it seems a natural choice. Just placed an order for a bottle and they show only 18 left... "If" they already received their entire order (and I doubt they have) stock may not hold out long enough to sample. With this being limited to 100 bottles FOMO sets in as if it were ALD! Looking forward to your thoughts when you receive the sample. My money is you will love it. Expecting my delivery in about 12 days.
    There has never been a bortnikoff release too hot to sample first before purchasing so I’m not worried
    Don't stank.

  24. #1014
    Basenotes Plus
    bklow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    448

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Received my bottle of Amber Cologne from Luckyscent today along with samples of Sir Winston, Oud Maximus (already went through another sample of it), Musk Cologne (already have a fb on the way from Bortnikoff direct), and Oud Monarch.

    I was wearing Baikal Gris today and a few hours ago my wife says you smell good and put her nose to my neck. She says that’s not what I smell. I had to put some of the Oud Monarch sample on my wrist earlier to check it out. I raised my wrist towards her nose and she said “mmm, that’s what I could smell”.

    Looks like I’m going to have to order my 3rd fb of Bortnikoff this week.

  25. #1015
    Basenotes Plus
    911LambMelb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    I'm also looking forward to my bottle of Lucky Oud.
    Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    Received my bottle of Amber Cologne from Luckyscent today along with samples of Sir Winston, Oud Maximus (already went through another sample of it), Musk Cologne (already have a fb on the way from Bortnikoff direct), and Oud Monarch.

    I was wearing Baikal Gris today and a few hours ago my wife says you smell good and put her nose to my neck. She says that’s not what I smell. I had to put some of the Oud Monarch sample on my wrist earlier to check it out. I raised my wrist towards her nose and she said “mmm, that’s what I could smell”.

    Looks like I’m going to have to order my 3rd fb of Bortnikoff this week.
    All great choices.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

  26. #1016

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by 911LambMelb View Post
    I'm also looking forward to my bottle of Lucky Oud.

    All great choices.

    I could probably live off of Musk Cologne, Amber Cologne, and Oud Monarch. That gourmand cinnamon/vanilla/oud combination in monarch is phenomenal.
    Don't stank.

  27. #1017

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    A little bit of news/opinion: today I went and sampled Oud Max ‘19 at Scent Bar in NY(I also tried di ser Kyara). I own the original of Oud Maximus and consider it to be my fav Oud perfume. At first spray I was a bit taken back: the smell seemed darker out of the gate, maybe a different distillate of a citrus top note? Not sure—- but a minute later(Maybe 2 minutes tops), it settled down and was noticeably Oud Max. Wonderful. Glad this scent is still the absolute beauty that I’ve come to know and love.
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

  28. #1018

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    My bortnikoff collection is consisting of musk khabib, oud monarch, lucky oud and vatinee. What else should I look into

  29. #1019

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    My bortnikoff collection is consisting of musk khabib, oud monarch, lucky oud and vatinee. What else should I look into
    Which ones are your favs of those? That might help. I’m a broken record so: OUD MAXIMUS
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

  30. #1020
    Basenotes Plus
    911LambMelb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    323

    Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cwliias View Post
    My bortnikoff collection is consisting of musk khabib, oud monarch, lucky oud and vatinee. What else should I look into
    Musk Cologne, Amber Cologne, Sir Winston and Oud Maximus.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff




Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré, Areej le Doré!!!!
    By ammarmali in forum Fragrance Splits Board
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 22nd April 2019, 08:09 PM
  2. Areej Le Dore Atlantic Ambergris
    By devilluvzme in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th March 2018, 09:53 PM
  3. Wanted: Areej Le Doré - Siberian Musk
    By remik in forum Fragrances Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25th January 2018, 01:26 AM
  4. Feel Oud and Areej le Dore (closed)
    By russian adam in forum Oudh Ud Aoud <3 erz
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30th October 2017, 01:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Loving perfume on the Internet since 2000