Code of Conduct
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41
Results 1,201 to 1,226 of 1226
o

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

Do you guys know if luckyscent will carry the new release

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bleach86 View Post

They will. You could contact them. Their response time is fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPod View Post
    My bottle of Triad arrived this morning, along with a sample of Oud Sinharaja.
    Looking forward to trying it out in the next few days.
    When did you place your order?? I placed mine 7 days ago but stil awaiting tracking number??

My bottle of Triad arrived this morning, along with a sample of Oud Sinharaja.
    Looking forward to trying it out in the next few days.
    Would appreciate any first impressions you could provide

I placed my order on 10th Feb, and got my shipping notice on the 15th.

I don't think I'll have a good opportunity for a full wear until Wednesday or Thursday. But an initial sniff seems to suggest that the florals are indeed dialed way down. I can pick out the rose but not the magnolia. The ouds are prominent, but are smoother than Oud Maximus. There is a definite oriental feel to it.

But it will probably be very different on the skin for a full wear.
    Currently wearing: Grev by Slumberhouse

Got my Triad and Vetiver Nocturne Absolute. I'll give my feedback next week.

I only got a chance to do one spray to my wrist, but my first impressions of Triad is that it is a big departure from Bortnikoff's usual floral-based style and much more focused on the oud aspect, for me it was a "yeeeeessss" moment, the quality of blending is there, of course, and also quality and complexity of oud. The rose is quite prominent in the opening and it is the natural rosa damascena smell that many of us are quite familiar with. For oud-lovers, this will be a must-have fragrance. I'll need to give it some good wearings over the week before I can make a good judgement but so far, I am extremely pleased.

Basenotes Member

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I only got a chance to do one spray to my wrist, but my first impressions of Triad is that it is a big departure from Bortnikoff's usual floral-based style and much more focused on the oud aspect, for me it was a "yeeeeessss" moment, the quality of blending is there, of course, and also quality and complexity of oud. The rose is quite prominent in the opening and it is the natural rosa damascena smell that many of us are quite familiar with. For oud-lovers, this will be a must-have fragrance. I'll need to give it some good wearings over the week before I can make a good judgement but so far, I am extremely pleased.
    This aligns very closely with my experience after a couple wears. Definitely a departure from the usual Bortnikoff DNA in the opening
    Currently wearing: Onction by Henry Jacques

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    Sounds beyond epic. As a fellow oud lover, really looking forward to this one as well.
    Do you even niche?
    Currently wearing: Sir Winston by Bortnikoff

I received my sample set today. I sprayed all of them fee minutes ago, so these are very early impressions.

VNA: it's about a year since I last sniffed the OG VN, so I cannot compare too much. The opening is quite similar to the initial opening of Symphony de Neroli. Gets quite sweet quickly, I don't remember the OG being that sweet. Now, about 10min in that has toned down also an D now the vetiver shows. More earthy and damp than I remember the original.

OS: I think fellow Basenoter SydnorIII said that he could imagine OS to be similar to or kind of an Oud Amber Cologne and I gotta say, he wasn't wrong. Uplifting, fresh, definitely not very oudy. About 10-15min in, it smells like AC mixed with the drydown of OM. Not bad but a bit... boring or uninspired maybe?

Triad: I have to agree with previous posts, this is in the opening quite an a-typical Bortnikoff and I love it. Oud and Rose de Mai. The Oud packs a pleasant punch.

Let's see how all these will develop further this evening.

On initial sprays, Triad is my favorite and the FB worthy one.

I’m loving reading these impressions. Sounds like Triad is going to be epic. Made OS will deepen with age? I still have some of the original Vetiver Nocturne and damp/earthy are definitely qualities that I would describe it having(underneath a kind of banana scented floral)... VN 19 had much less of these qualities and more of the sharp Vetiver that RA sometimes likes. So now I’m interested to see what VNA is like, since I LOVE Symphonie de Neroli.

I’m wearing the last of my coup de foudre decant and I’ve found that I finally really enjoy it... the camphor phase with black pepper/geranium is very nice.
    Currently wearing: Bonheur by Bortnikoff

Had a full wear of Triad today. Opens with a lovely strong oud and rose. Initially reminded me of Malle's The Night, But the oud develops differently - more fruity and wet. The rose reminded me a bit of Malik Al Taif. The rose gradually blends into the background and the oud is more prominent after a couple of hours. I can't smell the Magnolia, and the lack of white florals makes this stand out from other Brotnikoff ouds, which, other than Oud Maximus, I'm not very enamored with. In the dry down the oud is placed on a resinous, slightly animalic sweet hay, which works so much better for me than the usual floral mulch.
    Triad is all about the ouds in all their glory without any attempt to pretty them up.
    Currently wearing: Grev by Slumberhouse

YESSSS finally! Can't wait to get my bottle.

Had a full wear of Triad today. Opens with a lovely strong oud and rose. Initially reminded me of Malle's The Night, But the oud develops differently - more fruity and wet. The rose reminded me a bit of Malik Al Taif. The rose gradually blends into the background and the oud is more prominent after a couple of hours. I can't smell the Magnolia, and the lack of white florals makes this stand out from other Brotnikoff ouds, which, other than Oud Maximus, I'm not very enamored with. In the dry down the oud is placed on a resinous, slightly animalic sweet hay, which works so much better for me than the usual floral mulch.
    Triad is all about the ouds in all their glory without any attempt to pretty them up.
    MadHat Scents

Under the Shade of Santal - (A dark, woody-spicy fragrance devoted to sandalwood, specifically santal album.)

Tears of Boswellia - (Incense & Woods with 4-year old Boswellia Tear Tincture.)

Wearing VNA today, very very strong opening. I'm getting a lot of the jasmine sambac and oakmoss more than anything and a burnt rubber smell, it reminds me of Chypre Siam. There is a nice hint of neroli in the background, this one definitely needs more time to see how it develops. Be careful spraying this.

Wearing Oud Maximus August 2019 today. I'm reminded of Areej le Dore Russian Oud minus the extreme levels of chocolate and overall gourmand vibe. It's almost like a stripped down version, which I enjoy. Anyone else draw somewhat similar parallels?
    MadHat Scents

Under the Shade of Santal - (A dark, woody-spicy fragrance devoted to sandalwood, specifically santal album.)

Tears of Boswellia - (Incense & Woods with 4-year old Boswellia Tear Tincture.)

Just got my first but not my last bottle.... get another bottle when bonus comes around! Doesn't take much at all, very pleased

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gregburris56 View Post
    Just got my first but not my last bottle.... get another bottle when bonus comes around! Doesn't take much at all, very pleased

Which one did you pick up?

Musk cologne...sweet animalic animal. Can't wear around wife ...that's for sure

Basenotes Plus

That’s a great one!

Did a full wearing of Triad yesterday evening. I love it. It's probably one of the best representations of the smell of pure non-Hindy/barnyard Oud oil in sprayable form/in a blend with other ingredients that I have ever smelled...

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by bleach86 View Post

Triad is now listed for pre-order along with the other new releases.
    Currently wearing: Crop 2018 by House of Oud

Basenotes Plus

Congrats. I'm trying to decide if I should buy a second bottle of Musk Cologne or a third bottle of Amber Cologne. I might have to do both.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    Wearing Oud Maximus August 2019 today. I'm reminded of Areej le Dore Russian Oud minus the extreme levels of chocolate and overall gourmand vibe. It's almost like a stripped down version, which I enjoy. Anyone else draw somewhat similar parallels?
    I don't get many similarities, Russian Oud is more sensual whereas Oud Maximus is more floral and rosy, the oud in both does give off a bit of that dirty, sexual vibe though.

Quote Originally Posted by rynegne View Post
    I don't get the comparison either. I would never have distinguished the two as their completely different fragrances to my nose.

Russian Oud is stunning! there is nothing like it... Oud Monarch nor Oud Maximus...not even close.....but I do like both of those..

The rose reminded me a bit of Malik Al Taif. .
    This to a tee. I already own malik so that counts triad out for me but a good opportunity for the people that missed out on malik to get this as the drydown is identical,

I'm quite unimpressed with these offerings but slightly more impressed compared to the last offerings.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41