Code of Conduct
Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2250

Default Re: Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

really enjoying Coup de Foudre, even though it reminds me ever so slightly of a scent that I cannot stand; 1 million. It doesn't wear the same, or even feel the same, but a more natural and well rounded profile with similar notes. Not sure if that's making sense, just an honest observation.

I'll see myself out...

All Is Beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by DonBos View Post
    really enjoying Coup de Foudre, even though it reminds me ever so slightly of a scent that I cannot stand; 1 million. It doesn't wear the same, or even feel the same, but a more natural and well rounded profile with similar notes. Not sure if that's making sense, just an honest observation.

I'll see myself out...
    Lol.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Got my bottle of Amber Cologne today! Received my samples of Coupe de Foudre Cologne, Vensa Cologne, and they sent me Musk Cologne, (which I already own), instead of Moss Cologne. I'm assuming they must have been out of the small samples of Moss Cologne, and a sample of Oud Sinharaja. Anyway, I've only sampled Vesna Cologne so far, but I think it smells great! It's got a sort of citrus on fresh parchment paper vibe going on with a twist of tart green probably from the tomato leaf. I've read about the poor longevity but I don't know yet as I've only had it on for about 20 minutes. I like it so far...
    Currently wearing: Lucky Oud by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Scent Detective View Post
    Got my bottle of Amber Cologne today! Received my samples of Coupe de Foudre Cologne, Vensa Cologne, and they sent me Musk Cologne, (which I already own), instead of Moss Cologne. I'm assuming they must have been out of the small samples of Moss Cologne, and a sample of Oud Sinharaja. Anyway, I've only sampled Vesna Cologne so far, but I think it smells great! It's got a sort of citrus on fresh parchment paper vibe going on with a twist of tart green probably from the tomato leaf. I've read about the poor longevity but I don't know yet as I've only had it on for about 20 minutes. I like it so far...
    I might have been the first to comment about the poor longevity of Vesna so I'd like expand on what I found after putting it through a couple full wearings. It actually does last a good long time on skin- I kept getting whiffs maybe 7-8 hours into it (which imo, isn't that bad for a lighter scent composed of mostly, if not all natural materials). What I do stand by is that the opening lasts for mere minutes before it dies down into this skin scent- and what's sort of a drag is that much of the complexity that I detect in the opening is what leaves in that time. If what you're left with is agreeable to you then you're in business- just spray more, I guess?

I do like all three scents and love that Dmitry is continuing to venture into fresh areas and I continue to be a fanboy but for my money, Amber and Musk Cologne are still where it's at for his lighter fare. I could easily back those up ten bottles deep. Lol

Here's the WFTL lads take on the cologne collection.
    Currently wearing: Ore by Slumberhouse

Quote Originally Posted by Oud Dude View Post
    I might have been the first to comment about the poor longevity of Vesna so I'd like expand on what I found after putting it through a couple full wearings. It actually does last a good long time on skin- I kept getting whiffs maybe 7-8 hours into it (which imo, isn't that bad for a lighter scent composed of mostly, if not all natural materials). What I do stand by is that the opening lasts for mere minutes before it dies down into this skin scent- and what's sort of a drag is that much of the complexity that I detect in the opening is what leaves in that time. If what you're left with is agreeable to you then you're in business- just spray more, I guess?

I do like all three scents and love that Dmitry is continuing to venture into fresh areas and I continue to be a fanboy but for my money, Amber and Musk Cologne are still where it's at for his lighter fare. I could easily back those up ten bottles deep. Lol
    Agreed on Amber and Musk Colognes...they are indeed special and I would also love to "back them up ten bottles deep" as well!

Agreed on Amber and Musk Colognes...they are indeed special and I would also love to "back them up ten bottles deep" as well!
    I have amber cologne, love it to pieces. Is it worth it to own both? I heard there are some similarities.

I can see this new collection as being underwhelming at first, yet adored about a year or two from now. All 3 are unique (even though CDF is a lighter version of an original). Vesna is really growing on me, and although I feel moss cologne would be repetitive for me to own, it smells lovely. Also, real oak moss does have an intrinsic “novelty” value thanks to IFRA. I prefer Mouse Illuminee for a similar feel.

After having spent a lot more time with Moss Cologne, I realize that I actually love this scent. It’s so comforting to me. Initially I was iffy about it because it wasn’t what I expected it to be, but once I had some more time with it and accepted it for what it is, I think this is a great scent. I’ll probably buy another bottle.

Default Bortnikoff perfumes (take note Areej le Dore fans!)

How many sprays of Moss Cologne are you guys wearing?

I’ve been doing 4-6 sprays - which is a lot for me, I’m usually a 1-2 spray kind of guy. But I think this stuff really shines with a few extra sprays.

For me, Moss Cologne holds on to its top notes a lot better when sprayed on clothing but those top notes just fly off on my skin.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Basenotes Plus

I have amber cologne, love it to pieces. Is it worth it to own both? I heard there are some similarities.
    They are similar when it comes to that signature Bortnikoff citrus opening. But, the musk is plenty different from the ambergris to make it worth having both. I think the musk has strengthened over time in my bottle. I thought they were very similar when I first bought them at the same time, but now they are quite different to my nose.

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    How many sprays of Moss Cologne are you guys wearing?

I’ve been doing 4-6 sprays - which is a lot for me, I’m usually a 1-2 spray kind of guy. But I think this stuff really shines with a few extra sprays.

For me, Moss Cologne holds on to its top notes a lot better when sprayed on clothing but those top notes just fly off on my skin.

Same. I’m using 4-6 sprays and find that if I do 2 sprays it seems to stick around for 2 hours max, but if use 6 sprays I can easily detect it for 8+ hours and longer on clothes,

Basenotes Plus

I might splurge for the Luckyscent Bortnikoff sample pack. I can try the new ones plus 2 samples of some I already have and love. Why the hell not?
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    They are similar when it comes to that signature Bortnikoff citrus opening. But, the musk is plenty different from the ambergris to make it worth having both. I think the musk has strengthened over time in my bottle. I thought they were very similar when I first bought them at the same time, but now they are quite different to my nose.
    Agreed. They do have similarities in the citrus opening, but the musk really shines in Musk Cologne in a wonderful way, and Amber Cologne is just pure, clean, comfort. Definitely both FB bottle worthy in my opinion.

All Is Beautiful

Vesna I do not enjoy. At all. It’s light on projection but other than the wonderful first 3 minutes it’s not good.
    FYI: I spray all fragrances on clothing, never on skin.

Basenotes Plus

Imo, most definitely! Of course they both wear as "colognes" and as bklow mentioned they share that glorious Bortnikoff citrus magic up top but the difference between the musk and ambergris makes for entirely different wears, imo. I can't get enough of either of them!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by litworth View Post
    Same. I’m using 4-6 sprays and find that if I do 2 sprays it seems to stick around for 2 hours max, but if use 6 sprays I can easily detect it for 8+ hours and longer on clothes,
    6 sprays hit the sweet spot for me too. Best on fabric but oakmoss on skin is heavenly.

Basenotes Plus

So I used up the entire decant of my Musk Cologne today. I also finished my decant of Amber Cologne a couple months ago. They are so darned wearable and yet unique. I recommend both wholeheartedly.
    "A man has made at least a start on discovering the meaning of human life when he plants shade trees under which he knows full well he will never sit. "

-- D. Elton Trueblood

Basenotes Plus

All the colognes need to be sprayed liberally for a good time.
    Do you even niche and/or artisanal?
    Currently wearing: Kiste by Slumberhouse

I'll see myself out...
    lol noooo stay. all view points are welcome. before I got into niche fragrances i was rotating between Spice Bomb, 1 Million, and Calvin Klein The One. Don't tell anyone though. Haven't smelled 1million in 5+ years so i can't confirm or deny your opinions but was great for a laugh.

I've been spraying Vesna on the shoulders of my teeshirts and to your point very pleased with the longevity. Haven't done enough full wearings yet to notice the difference in dry down smells and openings.

Musk Cologne vs Amber Cologne reminds me of Roja Aoud vs Roja Amber Aoud. You can definitely smell the similar baseline dna between the two but there is significant difference between the two where you can easily justify owning both (if your wallet permits). Currently have 2 bottles of Amber Cologne (but 1 is almost empty), and 1 bottle of Musk Cologne. The only thing that stops me from backing up musk cologne is the significant price difference between it and all the other colognes.

Gonna look for deals on these wherever I can and stock up while they're available. I don't think there's any better indicator of a great scent than actually burning through an entire bottle when you have a large collection like most posters on this forum do.
    Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by bklow View Post
    I second my previous post! Both FB worthy!

Basenotes Plus

I second my previous post! Both FB worthy!
    Agreed. Enjoying Amber Cologne today. Reminded me of La Via del Profumo’s A Mon Seul Desir.

Only reasons I didn’t pick up Musk Cologne was the heftier price tag and overlaps with my ALD musk fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post

Only reasons I didn’t pick up Musk Cologne was the heftier price tag and overlaps with my ALD musk fragrances.

I had the same sentiments. I enjoy them equally but Musk Cologne is roughly $100 more expensive. I picked up a 70% partial last year at a nice discount, that's the only reason i have a bottle.

To your sentiment about overlapping ALD. I'd STRONGLY urge you to consider picking up that back up bottle of siberian summer while supplies last. I ordered 2 initially then sold one when I felt like the fragrance was too complex, and smelled like little more than animal urine and lemon zest.

Fast forward 6 months later and I would say siberian summer has transformed as much as Baikal Gris has. I had SS in a box at my parents house and recently picked it up after not smelling it once all winter. It has matured for the better substantially. That urine/camphor smell has been cut in half for a more harmonious aroma with all notes involved. Checked luckyscent and Siberian Summer was on back order. Checked ALD's website and it says it's "running very low", pulled the trigger instantly on getting my back up bottle while the free shipping promotion is going on

...and it's $130 cheaper than musk cologne...
    Don't stank.

I just bought Siberian Summer for that very reason. I figured if I like it I’ll have an excellent fragrance that is wearable throughout the summer heat and if I don’t like it I’ll have excellent collateral for a trade in the future. I’m still having troubles enjoying Baikal Gris Attar but I’d imagine in a year or two this one will also be sought after if it doesn’t make a return. ALD seems to be one of the few investments you can make in perfumery and I only see the love growing in the future. Adam said he sold over a thousand attars in the initial release which is insane if you think about it. I’d imagine that number will exponentially grow in the future or at least the demand for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Castingshadows View Post
    I just bought Siberian Summer for that very reason. I figured if I like it I’ll have an excellent fragrance that is wearable throughout the summer heat and if I don’t like it I’ll have excellent collateral for a trade in the future.
    It's definitely wearable in warmer weather, but I'm actually looking forward to the experience in cooler summer rain temps and even Fall. Now that the urine smell has dialed down, my nose can "relax" and enjoy the musk and zest blend.

...i'll be wearing Vesna Cologne for those 85F/30C days
    Don't stank.

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    It's definitely wearable in warmer weather, but I'm actually looking forward to the experience in cooler summer rain temps and even Fall. Now that the urine smell has dialed down, my nose can "relax" and enjoy the musk and zest blend.

...i'll be wearing Vesna Cologne for those 85F/30C days

If you had to wear a Bortnikoff in 110° heat what would you choose? Amber cologne hasn’t been performing well in terms of longevity and were about to hit summer in Phoenix this week. I’ve been going back and forth between Vesna and Moss cologne.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by wood&leather View Post
    To your sentiment about overlapping ALD. I'd STRONGLY urge you to consider picking up that back up bottle of siberian summer while supplies last. I ordered 2 initially then sold one when I felt like the fragrance was too complex, and smelled like little more than animal urine and lemon zest.

Fast forward 6 months later and I would say siberian summer has transformed as much as Baikal Gris has. I had SS in a box at my parents house and recently picked it up after not smelling it once all winter. It has matured for the better substantially. That urine/camphor smell has been cut in half for a more harmonious aroma with all notes involved. Checked luckyscent and Siberian Summer was on back order. Checked ALD's website and it says it's "running very low", pulled the trigger instantly on getting my back up bottle while the free shipping promotion is going on

...and it's $130 cheaper than musk cologne...
    Correct on all counts. Just the ‘push’ I needed lol. Grabbed a backup Siberian Summer as my current bottle is already half empty and the free delivery offer is just too sweet a deal to pass up on. The last time ALD had it I backed up Baikal Gris.

Back to the Bortnikoffs, I now have 3 of their full bottles. Been enjoying my Triad sample lately but it wears so smoothly I quickly forgot what I had on after 15 minutes, if that makes sense. Still hoping for a Bonheur II.

Basenotes Plus

Haha. I've been backing up Amber and Musk Colognes and SS since they came out. AC and SS are so reasonable priced (relatively speaking of course) and such strong releases that I saw this as no-brainer territory. Frankly, I could probably use just those two fragrances year-round and be a very happy man.

SS has definitely improved over time, that urine smell is still there in the opening though (my OH described it is cat urine the other day), it really shines in the dry down.

I was so put off by that Siberian Summer cat pee note that I sold it.

IMHO, Prin Mriga is everything I was hoping Siberian Summer would be without that urine note. Better composition, better quality. Prin has absolutely outdone Russian Adam with that one. IMHO.
    Currently wearing: Musk Khabib by Bortnikoff

Haha. I've been backing up Amber and Musk Colognes and SS since they came out. AC and SS are so reasonable priced (relatively speaking of course) and such strong releases that I saw this as no-brainer territory. Frankly, I could probably use just those two fragrances year-round and be a very happy man.
    We've got the same taste and logic in fragrances.

Quote Originally Posted by FragSyndrome View Post
    I was so put off by that Siberian Summer cat pee note that I sold it.

IMHO, Prin Mriga is everything I was hoping Siberian Summer would be without that urine note. Better composition, better quality. Prin has absolutely outdone Russian Adam with that one. IMHO.
    lofty claim, will have to try this one. I just looked it up, i love how one of the notes is literally just "grass" lol.
    Don't stank.

Page 60 of 75 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 ... LastLast