Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
o

Default Re: Dior Homme Parfum and Fahrenheit Le Parfum Discontinued?

Quote Originally Posted by ripjean View Post
    Batch codes
    And where did you cross verify that those are recent batches ? How does it all work ?

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by augustya View Post
    And where did you cross verify that those are recent batches ? How does it all work ?
    Dior's are fairly straight forward, at least the latter current type. If it starts with an 8, it's a 2018, with a 7 - 2017, etc.

CheckFresh.com
    CheckCosmetic.net
    Raiders of the Lost Scent
    **Resident Basenotes .gif responder!**
    dougczar: "Like I always say, if you like something BUY IT. If you love it, BUY TWO."
    Tmoran: "Gamma radiation made the hulk but I dont think he could drink a bottle of kouros and survive."
    All Hail King Kouros!

a quarter million, tops

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    You are best off posting questions like these, with pictures, in the Perfume Appraisals board where you should receive more specific responses.
    I was not questioning my bottle or validity. I was just trying to help nosey74 with his question about text on the front of 100 percent legit Fahrenheit edp bottles. But mine was not a tester, so I was hypothesizing that that could be a reason his might say that.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

a quarter million, tops

I went back and read that, and I could see how that might look like I was asking a question.
    Itís tragic to think that heroic manís great destiny is to become economic man, that men will be reduced to craven creatures who crawl across the globe competing for money, who spend their nights dreaming up new ways to swindle each other.

Quote Originally Posted by notspendingamillion View Post
    I went back and read that, and I could see how that might look like I was asking a question.
    To me it was clear what you meant. The question is not if the bottles are legit. The question is why Dior prints Parfum in the title on a few Fahrenheit Le Parfum bottles, but not on the majority of bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikePeeps View Post
    Dior's are fairly straight forward, at least the latter current type. If it starts with an 8, it's a 2018, with a 7 - 2017, etc.

CheckFresh.com
    CheckCosmetic.net
    Raiders of the Lost Scent
    Who enters the batches into these databases, and how do we know for certain they are for real? Are brands and manufacturers obliged to provide these codes before releasing the grafrance

Anyway i entered mine into these sites and both got me a July 2018 date

Brief Update:
    So im from Europe and you can still easily find this around here though not discounted and at extreme prices

Fall of 18, 4-5 months ago i was looking to buy either one of this. Le Parfume went for 67 Euros and DHP for 71. For some reason i thought Le Parfum to be more obscure (additionaly more appropriate for that season) so i got that instead.

This past week i decided to hunt down the DHP. It seems that Le Parfum can still be found for 67 but DHP has skyrocketed to 90 Euros!

Since i have made a silent rule not to spend more than 40-50max euros to dial down my fragrance expenses this does no qualify.

I make an exception and up the limit to 70+ euro for Dior and Chanels which i consider premium designer but still

-its a less than 100ml bottle
    -I already own DHI

So still not feeling sure about this one

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

For someone just coming into the hobby, this stuff is kind of depressing to hear. Talk of reformulations that alter and/or weaken a scent, as well as discontinuations of stuff that comes highly recommended. I simply don't have the funds, nor the proper know how (to avoid being scammed) to hunt down such bottles.

It really makes me with I'd jumped into this hobby years ago. Good luck to all those on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    Brief Update:
    So im from Europe and you can still easily find this around here though not discounted and at extreme prices

Fall of 18, 4-5 months ago i was looking to buy either one of this. Le Parfume went for 67 Euros and DHP for 71. For some reason i thought Le Parfum to be more obscure (additionaly more appropriate for that season) so i got that instead.

This past week i decided to hunt down the DHP. It seems that Le Parfum can still be found for 67 but DHP has skyrocketed to 90 Euros!

Since i have made a silent rule not to spend more than 40-50max euros to dial down my fragrance expenses this does no qualify.

I make an exception and up the limit to 70+ euro for Dior and Chanels which i consider premium designer but still

-its a less than 100ml bottle
    -I already own DHI

So still not feeling sure about this one

Both are available and being sold here in Australia for $160 AUD.
    Its a no brainer to grab them.

160 aud is 100 euros. Even more expensive tha my country. Anyway well see

Quote Originally Posted by therock003 View Post
    160 aud is 100 euros. Even more expensive tha my country. Anyway well see

I also saw it for 90 at sale on a few sites, but 110 euros seems to be the most common price I see. It's definitely left over stock though. I saw like a single lost bottle in the Douglas hidden between the other dior hommes.
    I am a big fan of DH and DHI, but I don't know if I like DHP as much. I hope I won't regret it in a few years.

Basenotes Junkie

In Sweden it's out of stock. Found it in one place for 120 EUR. Tried to look in EU - out of stock in most places. Those that have it sell it for 120 and up.
    Found on amazon uk for ~85, but they don't ship outside of UK. Thanks god colleague from UK will visit Sweden tomorrow, so he'll bring it to me.
    I think it's totally worth 100 EUR, since it's going to last you for years

Dior Homme Parfum not denying is a good perfume, but I don't know how are you guys coping up with a strong lipstick like smell that it has. As people here say 100-130 Euros sounds like a reasonable price to me Sephora here in India sells it at around $150 USD so would be around 110-120 Euros which is the same price around the world !!

I just bought DHP last weekend for less than $120 at a duty free shop at LGA. They had plenty of bottles of it, as well as DHI.

a quarter million, tops

For those of you looking for Dior Fahrenheit Parfum. $119.95 Sold and shipped by Walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Christian...-5-Oz/48599428

Dependent

I've, as of yesterday, bought a bottle of Dior Homme Parfum off a friend who is 'in the know'. Jan 2019 batch code.

Ergo, not discontinued. As for reform talk, I'll check against my 2015 Tester when it arrives but said friend says it smells no different to how they remember it.

Saw DHP in every perfume shop that I visited in Spain last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Benz3ne View Post
    I've, as of yesterday, bought a bottle of Dior Homme Parfum off a friend who is 'in the know'. Jan 2019 batch code.

Ergo, not discontinued. As for reform talk, I'll check against my 2015 Tester when it arrives but said friend says it smells no different to how they remember it.
    Dior Homme Parfum will be discontinued "in near future" - that was confirmed to me by a guy who works for Dior and asked the most knowledgeable coworkers at Dior France directly as he himself wasn't aware of that and got back to me per e-mail, when he had the newest info.

In Germany there are only a handful of shops who got DHP's latest batch (all 9A02 and still original formulation 08642/A), mainly Douglas and Parfumdreams, which is basically the same company. All others have run out of stock in late 2018 and are still waiting for their restock since over 5 months.

Please take a look here (Idealo is the most popular price search engine in Germany): https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich...75ml-dior.html

So if you are able to get bottles of DHP I personally would recommend to get them now.

Dior Homme Parfum is back in stock in the UK. Both John Lewis and Debenhams carry it online, and JL has it discounted to £76 per bottle at the time of writing:

https://www.johnlewis.com/dior-homme...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

So if anyone wants an early Christmas present for themselves and / or find out what the fuss is all about, now's the moment to strike since who knows how much stock there is floating around this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastka View Post
    Dior Homme Parfum is back in stock in the UK. Both John Lewis and Debenhams carry it online, and JL has it discounted to £76 per bottle at the time of writing:

https://www.johnlewis.com/dior-homme...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

So if anyone wants an early Christmas present for themselves and / or find out what the fuss is all about, now's the moment to strike since who knows how much stock there is floating around this time.
    Interesting, because I don't think Debenhams carried it the first time around - not sure about JL, I never saw it in their shops anyway. If it's back with these two, I would imagine it's new stock and not new old stock, so to speak. Wonder if it smells the same.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestbrummie View Post
    Interesting, because I don't think Debenhams carried it the first time around - not sure about JL, I never saw it in their shops anyway. If it's back with these two, I would imagine it's new stock and not new old stock, so to speak. Wonder if it smells the same.
    When it first came out in UK, I am pretty sure it was exclusive to Selfridges for a while. I have seen it on John Lewis website a few times earlier this year and it always said "only 2/3/4 in stock". Now it does not say that so the assumption is they have a fair bit in (although the Debenhams website says less than 10 in stock". It seemded to then disappear from bricks and mortar stores for a while but is back again, It is also on the Dior France website still so maybe new stock or a new formulation has been released. Same with Fahrenheit Parfum.

Maybe Dior is playing with us - panic causes panic buying!

Some shops in Germany had re-stocked DHP already.
    I'm very curious if it's still the old original formulation and I need to find out.

Every time y’all keep making or bumping threads about DHP being discontinued, scalpers buy it all up and prices go through the roof on eBay.

And it seems it’s the same people that keep making/bumping the threads...

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    Every time y’all keep making or bumping threads about DHP being discontinued, scalpers buy it all up and prices go through the roof on eBay.

And it seems it’s the same people that keep making/bumping the threads...
    If you were here in Germany you could currently buy it for under 90 Euros.
    Aside that I already bought enough backup bottles for the rest of my life last year.
    I'm sorry if it's much more difficult to get a good deal for DHP in the US.

I bought mine in Germany at a reasonable price

One bottle is more than enough it only requires one spray

Quote Originally Posted by FragFrog View Post
    If you were here in Germany you could currently buy it for under 90 Euros.
    Aside that I already bought enough backup bottles for the rest of my life last year.
    I'm sorry if it's much more difficult to get a good deal for DHP in the US.
    eBay has been flooded all year with new bottles for $120, but with the continuing unsubstantiated speculation posts about discontinuing, scalpers buy them all up and sell them for $250-$400.

In any event- I much prefer Dior Homme edt to DHP, so no sweat off my back. I’m just saying that continuing to make/bump threads about it being discontinued (when it’s not) drives the prices high in regions with limited availability.

The prices on eBay is outrageous I saw a Fahrenheit Perfum going 408$ Dior Homme Intense EDP for 175$ they are still available on fragrnaceX , lol trips me out when rumors spread about colognes being discontinued the prices are so jacked up..it's a marketing boost I'm sure , I believe these two are still available in alot places that's not close to 200$ which u can still get for 90$ or so..smh

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    The prices on eBay is outrageous I saw a Fahrenheit Perfum going 408$ Dior Homme Intense EDP for 175$ they are still available on fragrnaceX , lol trips me out when rumors spread about colognes being discontinued the prices are so jacked up..it's a marketing boost I'm sure , I believe these two are still available in alot places that's not close to 200$ which u can still get for 90$ or so..smh
    It's the Sold items that tell you a better picture, which is nowhere near that price point. I agree though the ~$150 sold prices are still high. I have a bottle 70% full + one back up. I'm good with those at this point. Ever since I tried DHI, I actually prefer it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Opiate View Post
    eBay has been flooded all year with new bottles for $120, but with the continuing unsubstantiated speculation posts about discontinuing, scalpers buy them all up and sell them for $250-$400.
    $400 for a bottle of DHP is really crazy - but the juice is probably better than some regular $400 niche fragrances.
    I hope you guys in the US get the chance to buy DHP at reasonable prices again.

I got mine at Douglas parfumerie maybe they can ship to US?