Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Open Discussion on Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Got a sample of the Parfum at Dillards and gave it a proper test. Don't like it quite as much as the EDT but I see it as a different fragrance really. Would wear nice in cooler weather as I suspected. I did a test spray on the back of my hand and after 3 hand washings with soap and many hours later, I could still smell it distinctly. Talk about potency.

Surprisingly perhaps for a recent Chanel masculine, was quite pleased so far both with the actual scent and its performance

Performance is really awesome with the parfum. I like it because it's gentle but yet very persistent. It's not loud like Sauvage is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Russell View Post
    Surprisingly perhaps for a recent Chanel masculine, was quite pleased so far both with the actual scent and its performance

Just ordered a sample of the Parfum based on comments in this thread. If it has any similarity to 90's fougeres, Masculin Pluriel and Sycomore, I'm all in as long as it performs decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    Performance is really awesome with the parfum. I like it because it's gentle but yet very persistent. It's not loud like Sauvage is.
    The sillage of Sauvage is kinda unique but wearing it is another story total blah, even the kinda unique sillage doesn’t make the cut for me.

Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cpp214 View Post
    Just ordered a sample of the Parfum based on comments in this thread. If it has any similarity to 90's fougeres, Masculin Pluriel and Sycomore, I'm all in as long as it performs decently.
    It's different from those IMO. Just the DNA of Bleu de Chanel, minus the scratchiness, and a tad sweeter. It is smooth.
    50 sprays a day keeps the doc away

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Today I actually went out to buy Bleu de Chanel Parfum. The Nordstrom store is out of 100 ml bottles, and told me it would take 3-4 weeks(!) for new stock to arrive. I went over to Holt, but after walked away after waiting 10 min at the Chanel counter, while associates elsewhere at other nearby counters were busy applying makeup. Too bad Sephora doesn't carry Chanel perfumes here (but ironically Shoppers' Drug Mart does).

Toronto/Canada can seem a strange place after living in the US.

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

It's like a higher quality cool water..
    Darker richer.. I like it but it is a little generic and safe for Chanel.

So I’ve sampled this 3 times now. My impressions are in here on the first two...smells good, gone in 30 minutes. I took some advice to use less sprays to let the parfum not get overwhelming and same result in try 3. Sorry but imho the best and most complete version...no scratchiness, long lasting, smooth..is the EDP
    Last edited by ToughCool; 9th October 2018 at 01:15 PM.
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Would tend to agree - very good observation.
    Sometimes you have to compare a thing to something not as good to truly express how good it is. Funny how that works.
    oh look, I have a signature
    Currently wearing: Green Irish Tweed by Creed

I'm wearing the parfum right now from a sample I got a while back. I can never make up my mind about the fragrance. It's definitely nice, but I just don't find it as interesting as I typically like my fragrances to be. I mean, I guess it could be a nice one to grab and wear if I don't want to do much thinking, but I already have a fragrance for that, and I like the one I have more than I like Bleu de Chanel.

i found my 2010 bottle of bdc was best and the longest lasting (wish i still had it), edp had no longevity on me so i find the parfum the next best thing as bdc edt is not what it once was..

Dependent

As much as I love the scent, I have had performance issues with both the EDT and the EDP, and am not even going to bother with the new parfum version.

Just received this email:

Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your message.

Further to your enquiry, we can confirm we have sent a reply on 25.09.2018.

We can advise that BLEU de CHANEL Parfum does not contain Sandalore, but it does contain our natural extract of sandalwood from New Caledonia.

We hope you find this information helpful.

Kind regards,

For Chanel Limited
    Theoni
    La Ligne de CHANEL
    Currently wearing: Beach Hut Man by Amouage

This is by far my favorite release in years, designer or niche. It's nearly perfect, in my opinion.

As long as you like the basic smell of Bleu de Chanel, this is a must-have. It's like the took the original and just made every kind of correct improvement they could have. I'm so happy with this one. I even wake up excited to wear it sometimes! Lol. That hasn't happened in a while. That tangy, fruity-ginger trademark Bleu accord has just been given so much depth and vibrance that radiates all day. The sandalwood base is so smooth too. 9.5/10

I'm wearing it today. Love the smell, performance ain't great, but it is a nice option for the office. Glad I have it. If one wears the Bleu's, one has to accept they are NOT powerhouses. Otherwise you will be sadly disappointed.

Parfum the best of the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by mega_biscoito View Post
    Parfum the best of the 3?

By far, in my opinion.

The original formulation of Bleu was very good (it's still decent, but not the same imo). But even in comparison to that, I like the Parfum more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    By far, in my opinion.

The original formulation of Bleu was very good (it's still decent, but not the same imo). But even in comparison to that, I like the Parfum more.
    Agree with all of this. The original EDT release was wonderfully vivacious until they did what they do best around 2014 and after that it just wasn't the same. The EDP smells like a blob with none of its forebearers charm whereas the Parfum is almost perfect for what it is - an easy to wear, reasonably affordable, crowd pleasing fragrance with good performance and composition.

So which one should I choose? Parfum or EDP?
    Which one has better projection?

Basenotes Institution Darjeeling's Avatar

How sweet is the Parfum on skin? On paper it seemed too sugar-powdery, but I did admire the base.
    1. No, never blind buy (I do, but do as I say, not as I do. I'm taking no responsibility for your fragrance gambling).
    2. Get them both. You're a Basenoter and you know you're going to end up purchasing them both eventually.
    3. Yes, it has been reformulated.
    4. Looking for a signature scent? You've come to the wrong place.

Dependent
    Blog Entries

Fantastic scent. Niche version of a common man scent. Like Scorsese directing a Transformers movie. Great for work. Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darjeeling View Post
    How sweet is the Parfum on skin? On paper it seemed too sugar-powdery, but I did admire the base.
    I've worn it once from my sample, and I can say it seems sweeter on paper. I'd report back if/once I wear it again.

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread

Wore this yesterday on a rather unseasonably warm (and rainy) January day. I get that the hushed projection is not going to be a BN fan favorite here; however it has staying power and wafts occasionally bringing a smile each time. Wife loves it on me, gave me a compliment on the way out the door.

I'm a fan of this scent. I probably like the parfum better than the EDT, definitely can see the likeness of the parfum and EDP. But the parfum accentuates my favorite parts and gives me a dry down that isn't sweet.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Dependent
    Blog Entries

I just got an email from
    Chanel that the Parfum comes in a 5 oz size now. Link here. Costs $190. Great deal since 1.7 costs 120.

https://www.chanel.com/us/fragrance/...-parfum-spray/

I like the EDP best.

Quote Originally Posted by cameron View Post
    I just got an email from
    Chanel that the Parfum comes in a 5 oz size now. Link here. Costs $190. Great deal since 1.7 costs 120.

https://www.chanel.com/us/fragrance/...-parfum-spray/
    I like it a lot... but I'm not sure if I like it enough to purchase 5oz though. That's a commitment!

Tempted.
    Hi, I'm William | My Swap Thread | My Sales Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    I like the EDP best.
    Why do you like better than the Parfum?

Do you think Bleu EDP can work as a suit & tie/formal scent?

Quote Originally Posted by freewheelingvagabond View Post
    It's a nicer version of the idea of Bleu de Chanel, smooth and rich without any of the harshness of the EdT. It's probably the best mainstream 'fresh and dark' perfume together with Acqua di Gio Profumo. Infinitely better compared to some other nasty stuff like Aqua Atlantique or Y. Best release of 2018? That's debatable, and 2018 isn't over yet.

Though, it's absolutely nothing compared to stuff like vintage Patou pour Homme, Ferre for Man, Davidoff or Insense (and one can buy the latter three for much less than this).

It's better than most in Chanel's men's lineup, but not Antaeus, Egoiste or Pour Monsieur.
    That would be pretty much my take on this one, too.
    I own it for a week right now and kept wearing it among other ones I consider "dark and fresh", such as Incense Extrême, Oud Imperial, Ombre Indigo and the old Basala. All these have in common what I'd call a classical masculine (aromatic fougère'ish) structure, strong synthetic woods, an element of citrus, though being very different to each other on the other hand.
    Bleu Parfum is nice, has good performance, an enjoyable wearing and so on. But I'm missing refinement, drydown depth, note separation, the certain je ne sais quois.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast