Code of Conduct
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Basenotes Institution freewheelingvagabond's Avatar

Default Re: Open Discussion on Bleu de Chanel Parfum

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Mitchell View Post
    No projection.
    This is my issue as well, lol.
    Summer Rotation: Acqua di Gio Profumo, Terre d'Hermes Eau Tres Fraiche, Sel Marin, Castile, Mugler Cologne, Allure Homme Sport Cologne

Perfume Reviews
    Sale Thread
    Swap Thread
    Wanted Thread
    Currently wearing: Havana by Aramis

Quote Originally Posted by FragManCLE View Post
    Good to know! So in your opinion they are completely different or are they similar scents just with a different twist?
    Uh, yeah there are strong similarities, but the EDP just seems more balanced. Like a more creamy type of feel to it, IMO. The EDT is similar, but just not as strong as doesn't feel as refined. And, like I said, the Parfum I can't detect much from it to make a good judgement on it. It's supposed to be the strongest and most concentrated of the three but it does nothing on my skin at all. Barely detectable to me.
    I should go back and give it another shot, I suppose, but after about four or five samplings, I've about given up.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

I thought Chanel Bleu was a nice cologne , but oddly it does smell like alot of the chanels line up but that's Chanel, I should of tooken a tester home with me and see how it projects with my skin, next time, but it's on the list for sure aswell as other Chanel line ups.., I mean I don't think u can go wrong with Chanel at all they are all good to me

Quote Originally Posted by Drjones152 View Post
    I thought Chanel Bleu was a nice cologne , but oddly it does smell like alot of the chanels line up but that's Chanel, I should of tooken a tester home with me and see how it projects with my skin, next time, but it's on the list for sure aswell as other Chanel line ups.., I mean I don't think u can go wrong with Chanel at all they are all good to me
    Try the Eau de Parfum. It's the best in the Blue lineup, IMO.
    "Ducks eat for free at Subway."
    Currently wearing: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Great fragrance but becomes a skin scent very quickly.
    I have better luck with the edt.

I was at Macy yesterday that's the one I tried, I liked it smelled really good to me. All of chanels smells good to me, I would like to add that one and Chanel pour monsieur and allure

Just bought this a week or so a go, the big 150ml bottle. I was reluctant, but this stuff smells BEAUTIFUL. The opening is really good but once it dries it smells amazing. I have a hard time keeping my nose off it, and everybody I have showed it to has loved it. But no unsolicited compliments... yet!
    ''Just because I have nice things doesn't mean I'm rich; It means I spend my money poorly''
    I want to look good and smell great
    Currently wearing: Aventus by Creed

Am I the only one getting vetiver out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW View Post
    Am I the only one getting vetiver out of this?
    Definitely not, Chuck. I have been spraying a bit more of this than I used to and the beriberi note in the base is coming off quite prominently to my nose.
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Bought the 150ml for 120 euros. Ladies love this scent, out of every fragrance and sample i own, (of high rating fragrances like TF) which is around 40, a lot of women like this one the most. Close up (hug range) it will perform for 10h with 5 sprays. This scent will also linger on pillows so your gf/date will still smell you lying on her pillow in the morning.

The EDP is the best of the three.

It burns my nose, my face...it smashes my brain. *claps then pirouettes*

They're all different.
    EDT smells good but doesn't last long on me. EDP is great and lasts long. The Parfum I can't detect it enough to really know what to think about. No projection.
    Are you serious??? You can't detect the parfum??! The parfum is by far my favorite of the BdC lineup, and actually, one of my most reached for scents recently (warmer weather). I love it. I think it has perfect projection, and I can smell it all day long.

Question: Has anybody here -who's tried then both - noticed any difference between the first release of this - with gold-ish lettering on the front of the box - and the current stuff (with off white/gray lettering)?

Seems waay too soon for a reformulation, I mean jeeze the stuff was only released last year!

But yet, there are people claiming (on ebay and other places) that the juice in the gold lettered box smells better than the current stuff.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post
    Question: Has anybody here -who's tried then both - noticed any difference between the first release of this - with gold-ish lettering on the front of the box - and the current stuff (with off white/gray lettering)?

Seems waay too soon for a reformulation, I mean jeeze the stuff was only released last year!

But yet, there are people claiming (on ebay and other places) that the juice in the gold lettered box smells better than the current stuff.
    I hadn't realized they changed lettering, and that is a bit too soon for a reform IMO.
    oh look, I have a signature

Uh, yeah there are strong similarities, but the EDP just seems more balanced. Like a more creamy type of feel to it, IMO. The EDT is similar, but just not as strong as doesn't feel as refined. And, like I said, the Parfum I can't detect much from it to make a good judgement on it. It's supposed to be the strongest and most concentrated of the three but it does nothing on my skin at all. Barely detectable to me.
    I should go back and give it another shot, I suppose, but after about four or five samplings, I've about given up.
    Try the Eau de Parfum. It's the best in the Blue lineup, IMO.
    This is my experience completely. Parfum almost seems subdued vs EDP
    "As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
    --Ben Hogan
    Currently wearing: Vintage by John Varvatos

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Joe View Post

Checking on Chanel.com they are still showing and selling the gold letter version, have you received a white/grey letter version? I wonder if it is just a matter of confusion for some with the EDP/Parfum and spreading rumors about two different fragrances and labeling it a reformulation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Currently wearing: Sauvage by Christian Dior

I wouldn’t be surprised if they tweaked the formula recently. I’m not one to call reformulation at the drop of a hat, and I think CHANEL is less prone to reformulations, but the EDP I recently purchased (manufactured in 2018) is noticeably stronger and better smelling than prior EDP bottles I owned. Companies usually let consumers know by slight changes to the bottle or packaging.

The Devil in the Details
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by speckmann0706 View Post
    Checking on Chanel.com they are still showing and selling the gold letter version, have you received a white/grey letter version? I wonder if it is just a matter of confusion for some with the EDP/Parfum and spreading rumors about two different fragrances and labeling it a reformulation.
    This sounds like the most logical answer to me.
    oh look, I have a signature

I think the Parfum contains ambroxan which can cause olfactory fatigue, you think that it has disappeared and then hours later it hits you. In any case, it does not have massive projection like most Chanel fragrances but I think it is the most refined of the BdC line up and for some reason, women love it the most.
    Currently wearing: Jubilation XXV by Amouage

I'd say it's got more ISO E Super (one of Chanel's favourites) than ambrox but I could be wrong.
    Currently wearing: Polo Blue by Ralph Lauren

Basenotes Member

Tried the EDT from a sample the other day. A perfectly pleasant fragrance, but I can't get excited by it. On the plus side, virtually no chance of offending anyone. I liked it more than today's sample frag! I'd be happy to smell it on someone else. But, it's not a FB for me.

Quote Originally Posted by oudaddict View Post
    I think the Parfum contains ambroxan which can cause olfactory fatigue, you think that it has disappeared and then hours later it hits you. In any case, it does not have massive projection like most Chanel fragrances but I think it is the most refined of the BdC line up and for some reason, women love it the most.
    I think olfactory fatigue is totally real. Don't underestimate it. What I like about Bleu Parfum is how discrete but yet persistent it is. It's not loud but people will know you smell good. Yesterday morning I did five sprays--three to the chest, and one on each side of my neck. I took a shower yesterday afternoon and after the shower I could still smell it on me. It's really good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smellin.Good View Post
    What I like about Bleu Parfum is how discrete but yet persistent it is. It's not loud but people will know you smell good. Yesterday morning I did five sprays--three to the chest, and one on each side of my neck. I took a shower yesterday afternoon and after the shower I could still smell it on me. It's really good stuff.
    I agree completely. It is discrete in that projection is no more than an arm's length, but it is definitely persistent. I got a compliment on it the day after I had sprayed it - it was still that persistent on the shirt that I had been wearing.

.. and as to those ebayers talking about the "gold lettered stuff smelling better than the newer stuff with white lettering" I also think its a case of mistaken identity. The EDP has white lettering I think? So that may be the case. I can't imagine Chanel reformulating this stuff a year after it was released. I just bought a backup bottle and Checkfresh showed it as 2019 manufacture - and it has gold lettering.

Simply amazing. Probably my favorite designer fragrance currently.